a_stray_shot_

How do you keep your interest in the game?

I've been playing since 2012 and have been addicted to the game the whole time.

Problem is, lately I'm getting less enjoyment from the game.

Tier 8 used to be my favorite tier, but the removal of battle tier 12 and the large surge of terribad reds at higher tiers is making this game seem more like a grind and less of a fun time.

I've been spending more time at tier 9-10 lately, but the blowout matches are getting tiresome. Often, one team will have a distinct advantage in tank types or player skill levels.

I've been solopubbing a lot lately, so I'm thinking I should platoon more, as it's nice to have at least one competent teammate in battle, and the TS chat can be interesting...

Do you ever get burned out?

What do you do to make the game more interesting?

New platoonies, often. And keep learning, trying new things, new tanks, and just #YOLO and laugh now and then. If it gets too serious over a long period of time, I stop caring.

And take some days break when you feel yourself bored, it's not work, it is supposed to be fun.

In my case there isn't really much that can keep me in. If i feel like playing i'll play and then won't play for a couple of days for example. It all depends on how i feel about the game at the moment. Taking a break usually helps. And what Nurkus said. Less caring=more fun. This one is my biggest problem and i'm aware of it. Now i just have to start using it in practice :D

Whenever arty 1shots me/ruins my day i'm gonna use this magic trick:

MapJXoK.gif

I've had an account since the beginning of retail. Played some in Beta too. I've stopped playing every so often and then come back. Each time I've come back I've found something I enjoy doing. Time before this it was abusing the hell out of a T49. This time I'm trying to get better at mediums and stepping away from the T49 crack which I've only succumbed to a couple of times. I'm playing less games than I used to but I try to improve my play more by reading and watching others, often via Wotlabs and Twitch. My WN8 has taken a bit of a dive but that will go back up eventually. The more game styles I get better at the more I can get out of the game.

I've also got myself into a better quality clan that I joined on my own terms. I want to be one of the worst players in my clan, at least to begin with. I'm not interested in clan wars so have joined one with no interest in that. Better quality players to hang out with. Previous clan experiences were not much fun. Good people but generally not good players. Yours looks ok but maybe you need some new pastures to boost you?

In short, do something different that you haven't done before or it is very unlikely you will change the way you feel.

I've been solopubbing a lot lately, so I'm thinking I should platoon more, as it's nice to have at least one competent teammate in battle, and the TS chat can be interesting...

Playing with friends is always more fun.  Find some people you get along with well, and play with them whenever you can.

Do what I'm doing at this time, go to school in a very heavy program, have absolutely no time to play games, and when you do get free time, you'll treasure it. Then realize that maybe the game isn't quite as bad as you thought when you were playing more often. You just see more shit because you play more.

Platoon with TS. Quit playing when you are not enjoying yourself. Find new tanks to play.

I burned out on tanks last year, took a 9 month break. I now play less, because I simply have less time. I keep my solo sessions short and sweet.

Play with friends, make it an enjoyable experience and not a job or a chore. A lot of players are leaving/ragequitting because they treat the game as something they have to do before they go to bed.

Find/make some good friends and make sure you're enjoying yourself. If you're not having fun take a break or find a different game.

Desire to get better

Desire to play w/ digital buddies

Desire to #JustWINBaby

Competition

Competition

Competition

Yes I get burned out. Took a week off once, was great! Need to cut back even more though as this semester kicks in FULL swing

I guess I've been taking the game too seriously lately. Been working my ass off trying to get my stats up to a respectable level, but with 17k battles, the gains come very slowly, and it only takes one bad day to lose .02% W/R.

Maybe it's time to only play 'fun' tanks and sell the rest...

Having good teammates on TS is always fun, regardless if you win or lose. I find if I die early it helps me to watch over their shoulders. I can also watch their back for them if they get too focused in one direction....

Get drunk and spend $50 on 1/2 price consumables.

Does wonders for me. :D

In all seriousness though what keeps me going is that I still suck. If I had your stats I'd probably either move on to another game, or at least slow down and truly enjoy this one. Right now it's a challenge to get out of suckitude. I'm failing, which pisses me off, which motivates me to try harder next time.

As an old coach used to say, "If you don't puke when you cross the finish line you didn't try hard enough."

I keep puking and losing. I don't mind the former but the latter is what keeps me pushing so hard.

Have fun with people

Shiggles

Getting new tonks

Learn to stomp better

I'm on a break right now cause work and study leave me with basically zero free time. Wotlabs channel first, then getting into KITTY got me motivated to play again because awesomepeople <3<3<3

Well for me I always lose interest unless I've got people to play with, so I'm staving it off by mucking about in tier 2 like a dirty seal clubber. So I would say you should platoon up with different people even ones you might not consider originally to spice things up.

i was slightly bored, but then I discovered the BatChat. Now I am not bored.

Yeah, the BC is one mother of a tank.

Played it once yesterday and the team completely fell apart. Partly my fault for going to the rock at B4 on airfield, but there was not much I could do alone vs 9 tanks...

Beer, that does wonders!

I don't know if I do any better with beer, but I do have more fun....

I have taken several breaks over the 2 years I have played this game, accounts for the low number of battles. I don't have anyone to play with since none of my friends play and my stats aren't good enough to get me into platoons with people. I've made myself a goal now to stick to one tank line instead of playing 4 or 5 lines.

Apart from December-April 2011 (Sold my account to start up a new hobby that bored me quickly) and November-December 2013 (Took 18 graduate hours in that span while teaching full time at one school and part-time at another), I've played this game continuously. I just enjoy blowing up enemy tanks, really. The players perturb me to no end but I've been wrapped up in some good groups of players (SSGS and Forge in their primes, Bulls now) that make the game enjoyable. I might ragequit on occasion, but I always come back.

I'm probably the outlier on this forum in that regard. 

So, I bought a SU-85I yesterday just for shits and giggles, and took out my BC 25t out several times. Definitely made a difference in my fun factor. Had a few bad games, but was smiling most of the time.

Interestingly, I took out my Rhm 3 times yesterday, and all 3 battles were tier 10, where I was in the bottom 3 tanks on my team and my team had between 28%-35% chance to win. It was both ridiculous and rage-inducing to watch as a third of each of these potato teams died within 120 seconds to a vastly superior enemy team. Now I'm thinking of selling my beloved Rhoomba, as I can't stand being top damage dealer in a 4 minute tier 10 loss...

Community participation, clan administration, tournament involvement, events, and playing tanks I enjoy even if I fail miserably in them...

And breaks. Take a few days off from the game now and again.

I have taken several breaks over the 2 years I have played this game, accounts for the low number of battles. I don't have anyone to play with since none of my friends play and my stats aren't good enough to get me into platoons with people. I've made myself a goal now to stick to one tank line instead of playing 4 or 5 lines.

Your stats are plenty good to platoon with people.  I was in the other arfcom clan, AR_15 so add me in game and we can toon up.  I don't play a lot during the week so friday night, sat and sun are the best times to find me.

To answer the OP, I play selectively during the week so I don't get burned out or pissed off and that seems to help.  I don't do any of the missions where I feel like I have to play because then it's just not any fun for me. 

When I do play, I don't worry about getting my dailies on everything and stick with tanks I'm strong in like the Obj 140 and 704 and I only grind one line at a time... currently American sky cancer.  M40/M43 is my current arty piece and amazingly good IMO.  I'll platoon with some clan friends and other friends and try to stay positive.  My current goals are to get my current WN8 up to blue and keep increasing my damage per game.  :thumbup:

My current goals are to get my current WN8 up to blue and keep increasing my damage per game. :thumbup:

That's about my only goal right now, too.

I have a couple of tier 9 tanks (obj 430 II, E50) that I'm just not too interested in grinding right now. Just trying to have fun and get the stats into the blue, but the rollercoaster ride that is MM make it hard some days.

Community participation, clan administration, tournament involvement, events

I'd love to spend more time in tourneys and CW, but am having trouble committing the time to do it due to the current meta at home. The wife has a habit of needing my undivided attention every time I need to focus for an hour or so on tanks....