HEI_BK201

AMX AC 48 new in my garage

Hey everyone

So yesterday i bought the AMX AC 48, and my first impression is "I Love it!", BUT i got a problem with taking good positions on maps, Also would be nice if you can recommend some equipment on this TD.

So basically i want to know best play styles and best positions for it, so your opinions are welcome.

Im not much of a TD player but For equipment I'd say Rammer, Camo net, and Binocular Telescope :)

I'm not to sure of positions for that tank as I've never played it, so I wouldn't really have a idea of where it can and cant get, and how good its camo is. Though as for the equipment what I run on TD's is camo net, Rammer, vents (if allowed) or a binoculars or gun laying drive if I cant fit a ventilation on the tank.

The gun handling on this thing is so bad an EGLD is mandatory. It truly is astonishing how awful it is for a gun that isn't even in a turret. You also absolutely need to keep your distance as much as possible, despite your reasonably tough glacis armor you have huge and vulnerable blisters all over your roof.

Some people recommend the 100mm for its improved gun handling when moving the gun (see below chart for full explanation), some the 120mm for the improved damage per shot. Both have sufficient penetration to get the job done, though the 120mm will serve you better in tier 10 matches. It's the same gun as the AMX 50B, after all.

Yt5STZc.png

The 120mm has slightly better handling when it comes to moving the vehicle, not terribly noticeable, though. The 100mm has significantly improved handling when moving the gun. Combined with the improved aim time and you can get rounds on target much faster with the 100mm.

I still used the 120mm, though. A tier 8 TD doing only 300 damage a shot felt criminal. That's worse than even the SU-101. Yes, the AMX 50 100 gets away with the 100mm at tier 8, but in a revolver format that lets it dump multiple shots in rapid succession, the AC 48 has no such luxury.

Im not much of a TD player but For equipment I'd say Rammer, Camo net, and Binocular Telescope :)

I actually wouldn't bother with a net. It adds only a flat amount of Camo that is pretty insignificant compared to paint+Camo crew skill+bush.

The gun handling on this thing is so bad an EGLD is mandatory. It truly is astonishing how awful it is for a gun that isn't even in a turret. You also absolutely need to keep your distance as much as possible, despite your reasonably tough glacis armor you have huge and vulnerable blisters all over your roof.

Some people recommend the 100mm for its improved gun handling when moving the gun (see below chart for full explanation), some the 120mm for the improved damage per shot. Both have sufficient penetration to get the job done, though the 120mm will serve you better in tier 10 matches. It's the same gun as the AMX 50B, after all.

Yt5STZc.png

The 120mm has slightly better handling when it comes to moving the vehicle, not terribly noticeable, though. The 100mm has significantly improved handling when moving the gun. Combined with the improved aim time and you can get rounds on target much faster with the 100mm.

I still used the 120mm, though. A tier 8 TD doing only 300 damage a shot felt criminal. That's worse than even the SU-101. Yes, the AMX 50 100 gets away with the 100mm at tier 8, but in a revolver format that lets it dump multiple shots in rapid succession, the AC 48 has no such luxury.

Thanks buddy, Really great explanation from you^^ I will keep all that in mind, and soon i will have the 120mm gun but already having good dmg ratio with the 100mm so the grind will be easy :smallsmile:

I think I went with GLD/Rammer/Vents. The gun arc is narrow, so you will be moving a lot, and this tank blooms like crazy. Keep your distance, the armor is riddled with weakspots. I used the 120 mm, because as Strana pointed out, the 100 just doesn't hit hard enough to make it worth the while.

Having said that, the tier 9 and 10 aren't exactly the greatest tanks, so abandoning this line is probably the better option.

Use a draw box overlay and creep into range using binos and your minimap to sneak into prime spots.  The TD can pen anything it meets and is a beast if left alone.  But to be left alone you need to stay out of view.  The armor on the front will bounce but as targets get close the weak points get easy to hit.  Overall it has good speed.  The bad point is see in it 1.  You are an arty dream one shot .  and  2.  the issue as said above aiming with the gun swing sucks the whole tank has to move all the time which blows the camo at times. 

Rammer / binos / camo net is what I run. 

Use a draw box overlay and creep into range using binos and your minimap to sneak into prime spots.  The TD can pen anything it meets and is a beast if left alone.  But to be left alone you need to stay out of view.  The armor on the front will bounce but as targets get close the weak points get easy to hit.  Overall it has good speed.  The bad point is see in it 1.  You are an arty dream one shot .  and  2.  the issue as said above aiming with the gun swing sucks the whole tank has to move all the time which blows the camo at times. 

Rammer / binos / camo net is what I run. 

Wait, no GLD with a 2.9 aim time and terribad bloom? And two modules which require 3 seconds of not moving to kick in?

Having said that, the tier 9 and 10 aren't exactly the greatest tanks, so abandoning this line is probably the better option.

I feel the need to step in here and tell the OP, that if sr360 says a line should be abandoned, it should probably abandoned. The Foch and Foch155 are both fairly terrible since the nerfs, although they were once very formidable in public battles, and the 155 even occasionally useful in CW/tournaments (E-100 and Foch 155 > all T57) sr360 has ground almost every line in the game, and has an affinity for collecting them all, but its prob not worth YOUR time to continue playing bad tanks which won't teach you how to play well. 

Since the OP is still learning to play well, I suggest he/she play some tanks that are more effective in teaching tactics. TDs are very limited (and your most played class) in their roles tactically. They can sit and be fed, some of them can push. Its not a good place to learn the game and ultimately rather skill-capped. Heavies and Mediums will be more rewarding. 

Hell, I've ground almost every line as well and I gave up on after eliting the 48 myself, though I personally despise casemate TDs in general.

So do you recommend me to continue with this TD? until i elite it then say farewell friend?

hello-is-this-thing-on_270_270.jpg

Why would you spend the time, credits, and XP?

Sell it. You can always jump back in if they buff it...

**edit...

If you want a fun casemate that you'll wanna keep, JPII baby!

Edited by Pitch_Black

So do you recommend me to continue with this TD? until i elite it then say farewell friend?

If you've already purchased it then selling it without eliting it would represent a fairly notable financial hit should you want to buy it back later. If you can tolerate it, perhaps daily doubles until it is elited, then sell it.

Unless the Foch and 155 get buffed (unlikely for the foreseeable future), the AC48 is a mediocre tank in a dead-end line in which the high point is the tier 5. I would suggest abandoning it before you lose your sanity.

Oh well after few minutes of deep thinking about it and seeing these financial scary side thing about this tank xD, i guess it will be a goodbye for that TD, but hopefully WG will manage to BUFF the hell outta the french TDs back..

Unless the Foch and 155 get buffed (unlikely for the foreseeable future), the AC48 is a mediocre tank in a dead-end line in which the high point is the tier 5. I would suggest abandoning it before you lose your sanity.

Guess which line is on special on the SEA server at the moment...

One game in the ARL V39 which has been cluttering up my garage for ages, (can't bring myself to abandon a crew that is so close to getting sixth sense), and I gave up the idea of buying the tier 7 despite the special.