Aquavolt

Worstplayer_NA's guide on sodium level reduction

Everytime I tank I load up the game and say to myself 'just avoid chat, just don't type anything'

Yet I never can. I always end up spewing a tirade of hatred towards tomato players.

I know it's a game ultimately, but I work a full time job. My time isn't infinite. I play games to enjoy them, and when mr 300 wn8 IS7 platoon joins my game that could be 15 minutes of wasted tank, and happens frequently enough that I feel I 'waste' well over 30 minutes of every session. That's what makes me rage. The fact these clowns waste my time.

Carrying is fun enough, but having to do it over and over is exhausting. Just once I'd like to be able to rely on my team and focus on derping enemy tonks.

Funny.

Worst actively posting here (60% of it was actual quality helpful posts, but 40% was the worst shitposting ever), some upvotes some downvotes

*Wurst gets quickscoped by Solono* (banned)

Any mention of Worst, or posting Worsts threads here, receive all upvotes.

Today whenever I knew the team would totally fail (80% of my games) I would just find the water. That really helps my levels. Your mileage may vary. I honestly don't care if its frowned upon.. its my choice and I I refuse to suffer being a damage piñata while my bot tard shit team does jack all.

This post deserves a bump.

It's funny how easily you can be tilted by platoon mates: I toon with 2 good IRL friends who are great fun, but they feel the need to call out stupid shit like "my shot dinged off the batchat omg wtf aargh gonna kill 5 white bunnies", and sometimes I get influenced and I start to do the same crap. I tried to see the impact of playing pure solo and not listening to them for a few evenings, and the difference is nothing short of remarkable - I can focus better and I rage waaaay less (if ever). I'll have to work with them to stop the TS rage. Stop as in completely eliminate it, I don't think there's an in-between option - just like smoking: you either quit for good or you don't, smoking "every now and then" is bs.

Anyway, great read!

PS: Kraft, that Extra Credits clip was great.

I toon with 2 good IRL friends who are great fun, but they feel the need to call out stupid shit like "my shot dinged off the batchat omg wtf aargh gonna kill 5 white bunnies"

I've seen this happen so many times it drives me absolutely bonkers.

Like dude, nobody wants to listen to your 24/7 complaining.

Tonight was the first time I left a plat because of someone continuously raging about rng. We were winning because me+3rd guy were having great games, but he was just getting destroyed. I felt bad for him, but it got to a point where I didn't care about the easy wins and I would rather just solo because it is less cancerous. Tbh some of the most fun I've had in plats were long silent runs with Patient0 or I_am _Useless. Just relax, have fun, and playfully try and out-farm each other. Tonight was also the first night I've ever just left a plat because someone threw a match because they wanted to farm more damage. I was consistently out-farming them just because I'm a better farmer than they are and they were getting pissed about it, but I was really peeved that they threw a match for 2 more shells of damage. I asked why, got no response, so I just left. And odds are I wont be platooning with them again. I get wanting good stats, but if they don't want me to farm then why not just not play with me?

I keep my xvm on just to see if there is anyone I can rely on my team, and session stats just to track my progress as a player. I know if I'm having a bad night because of how I feel after games (I didn't contribute as much as I wanted on either win or loss), so the overall stats are just there for amusement. 

This seriously needs to get stickied, best thread I've read for a long time. Take a ➕ 1 or 20

+1

Seriously, after reading this post I started a process of self-imposed "post-rage rehab". I sent the link to a couple of friends that I toon with, and now I can play with them again since they've also  bought into this flower power attitude.

I just recently came back after a 2+ month hiatus from the game.  I took the time off, due to burnout from grinding my Churchill's crew skills for a tier 5 tournament, as well as a nagging rotator cuff injury which made it painful to use a mouse.  After downloading at least one patch, maybe two, I no longer had the stats mod, which shows Win8 etc. for each game and session:  I just played the vanilla game, with no mods at all.  It took me a few games to knock the rust off (30% win rate out of first 10 games played in my Churchill), but I didn't get upset, instead blaming it on my lack of skill, and not my teammates' play.  I ended up around a 62% win rate for the session, in my Churchill, and a much higher win rate in my T-127 games.  I just checked wotlabs a bit ago, and it appears I ended up around 69% total for the evening. 

Without the stats and other mods, and the built-in excuse of being rusty from lack of playing recently, my night was quite pleasant.  A few players ranted at me, due to my stats, but I just laughed and continued doing my thing, not bothering to respond.  

The one thing I DID notice was, what appeared to be a larger number of players complaining when I put a few premium rounds in them.  Considering I only carry around 10% premium rounds in each tank, I thought this humorous. 

I would highly recommend, to those getting frustrated and not having as much fun, taking a few days/weeks/months off.  Once returning to the game, turning off any mods, and just play to the best of your ability, not worrying about getting one-shot or how badly your teammates are performing. 

best players, i've noticed, never rage.

Funny because some of my best games I spent raging in chat against the noobs who put me in a difficult situation

best players, i've noticed, never rage.

I don't think that's a valid generalization, hahaha. I've definitely seen a fair mix of both among good players.

y2AOV3K.png

OP, pls explain how not not to rage at this.

Sorry for the big screengrab (are there Spoiler tags available? Couldn't find them).

I've learned not to rage slooowly over time. Not really rage, that is. I still make a comment when I get raped by RNG, when arty pulls some bullshit shot I still make a comment about how I hope their sky cancer gets nerfed to hell and back like it deserves. I'm much better about not raging at bad teams as a group.

WG is slooooowly eliminating my need to complain about AFKers, quitters, bots, etc.; their auto-detection is catching these people, so when I see it I just report (to make sure) and move on knowing that it will actually bite them in the ass in the end.

My last hurdle are the bad players. Not "worse than me", like some people tend to use the term, I'm talking about the genuinely bad players. Now that AFKers and whatnot are feeling the pain of getting busted, I can usually just shrug at the badness of honest bad players by just thinking well, at least they're actually participating, you know? That's the last challenge for me. When I have five teammates die in the first 90 seconds I still often enough type in chat STOP DYING SO FAST I KNOW MOST OF YOU DIED ON PURPOSE but I'm getting better about it.