Sign in to follow this  
Vonblunder

Some days you have it: what changed my WoT life

ok, I am not very good, by far. So this may be obvious to the Unicums, but it's something I discovered recently which made a huge difference in my WoT life and may help the intermediate players here:

- Some days, everything just clicks: I have the map awareness, the rhythm, the positioning..  on those days I play well above my advertised Wn8 / WR.

- Some days I just don't, I yolo potato left and right, no matter what I try. Typically after a long day at work, not enough sleep etc...

So my new rule is: as soon as I find out I am in a day "without" I log off and get on an alt account and play low tiers. I am too addicted to not play at all, so I use that time to 'experiment' try crazy stuff, some of it even works.

So I got my main account, where I apply myself and try to do well, and a secondary account where I can just do whatever, explore map options, play style options, try sucky tanks etc etc...

I hope it's not against the Eula, in any case it made a huge difference for me!

It *is* against the EULA to have more than one account, I think.

Noone really follows that rule.

ok, I am not very good, by far. So this may be obvious to the Unicums, but it's something I discovered recently which made a huge difference in my WoT life and may help the intermediate players here:

- Some days, everything just clicks: I have the map awareness, the rhythm, the positioning..  on those days I play well above my advertised Wn8 / WR.

- Some days I just don't, I yolo potato left and right, no matter what I try. Typically after a long day at work, not enough sleep etc...

So my new rule is: as soon as I find out I am in a day "without" I log off and get on an alt account and play low tiers. I am too addicted to not play at all, so I use that time to 'experiment' try crazy stuff, some of it even works.

So I got my main account, where I apply myself and try to do well, and a secondary account where I can just do whatever, explore map options, play style options, try sucky tanks etc etc...

I hope it's not against the Eula, in any case it made a huge difference for me!

I should do this. Ive been trying hard to play at 2000-unicum level for the past week or two in my E5. Unfortunately today I just couldn't be effective, no matter what.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/docs/user_agreement/

9.a 

"In order to take part in the World of Tanks MMO Game, participants (“Players”) must be 13 years of age or older. Each Player can have only one registration Account."

YES I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A PARTICIPANT, playing this game is too casual. I participate so I get an A for effort.

So is a 'reroll' breaking this rule? I thought a reroll was someone who made a new account to start over. Or does WG actually go in and reset accounts if you ask?

Edit: Egads, no! I am not an Arty Protector!

So is a 'reroll' breaking this rule? I thought a reroll was someone who made a new account to start over. Or does WG actually go in and reset accounts if you ask?

Edit: Egads, no! I am not an Arty Protector!

heh

about that

Ive heard of people who asked to have their accounts wiped by WG, they only keep prem time/prem tanks and gold. So pretty much everything that costs $$$. Its probably what id do if i ever wanted to reroll, which i dont.

Hey MrSmiley, I am guessing you have a big house, with 4 housemates who all play WoT?

I know what you are saying about how it only affects stats Nicook. However for me it's a mind frame issue, if I start playing badly I get worse, and frustrated, and do stupid things hoping that this will be the one time out of a hundred that a particular manoeuver will work... If I switch then to 'training' mode, I can relax a bit, decide that for today I don't care about doing well, and as a result I do better (usually)

It's a shit rule that's not enforced by anyone and they don't really even care if your account is played from USA and China at the same time.

Note that the one-account rule doesn't exist anywhere in the ToS, EULA or Game Rules for the EU. I don't know about SEA.

If you ever feel that you're not experimenting enough because you're too worried about damaging your stats, then getting another account is a good solution.

There actually used to be a rule in place, but I think it got scrapped when the NA admins went on a rampage against Sela. I know Ectar made a comment about it on reddit around that time, that WGEU does not care as long as you dont use multiple forum accounts to troll or some thing.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/1zysye/an_official_sortaresponse_from_wg_on_an_illegal/cfyaowm

I have at least four "orphan" accounts given me by friends who did not like WOT.. SO I doubt WG gives a damn as long as you're not doing some kind of wacky multiboxed botting platoons or something.

When I were at my yolo day, I would fire up D3 to do a rift for cooling down, or pull out a credit making premium which I care not a cent of stat with it. At the very least I still got credits.

Some details

Rule is not enforced due to policy. If they enforce it, they will kill half the userbase. They don't even want to kick bots off, let alone users with mult accounts. Some have 10 or so. Proof:

http://worldoftanks.com/community/clans/1000013708-1COIN/#wot&mt_order_by=member_since

What actually happens is some people opt to violate multiple rules with all their accounts. So eventually somebody digs in after a yet another violation and you get picked up. It takes effort to go that far though. 

Of course its in the EULA because the eula is there to cover all their bases. Just like certain patents they own. Enforcement is discretionary though as we all know.

There is no limit on accounts on the same IP however that ive ever heard of. Maybe should be but again, keep in mind WG policy is to register NEW accounts so they can boast about how many "players" they have. Therefore, they want you to multi!