UnusualMedic

Object 268

Isn't that almost exactly the E4's role? I mean, it's obvious the 268 was made to be passive, whether or not an aggressive playstyle is the way to go (it probably is). Meanwhile the E4 was made to be more of a pocket heavy. Can it really compete with the E4?

Agree. I've got a pretty soiid W/R in mine (though only 70 or so games) and all post nerf. It is mobile enough to time shots with long tier X reload times and faceblast in a pack, but its front armor, even head on, is trash as Valachio shows below- maybe at one time in this game it's front was useable.  I would take that trolley 704 front (not to mention a number of other 704 characteristics as has been discussed many times on the forum) over that of the 268 any day.  And even if you play it up close, you're still a fixed gun TD...that is trying to poke (and doesn't have a soul-eating autoloader -Foch- or big front armor and good speed (263).

And small silhouette doesn't mean much without good depression which forces you to expose more. It seems the nerf brought it in to mediocrity. HEAT mechanic nerf, 268 Pen + alpha nerf and general shrinking relevance of camo in Tier X with view range creep were all body blows to the useability of this thing so it went from "Great" to "would take it or leave it".  I do like how one rarely has to use prem ammo though. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_qqTWNRoL4

TL/DW: The armor is worthless. 

Isn't that almost exactly the E4's role? I mean, it's obvious the 268 was made to be passive, whether or not an aggressive playstyle is the way to go (it probably is). Meanwhile the E4 was made to be more of a pocket heavy. Can it really compete with the E4?

I thing whereas E4 often has to go "heavy tank" spots in map because of its horrible slow speed and agility, 268 can and often should go with meds as its fast enough for that.

Tried to look my replays of this but had none left so just jumped in tank and played one match to get example of agressive play style (not traditional camping behind in bush td style). Worked well, I thing got pretty good replay showing good features of 268 when going close/agressive. Not that excellent match but good as showcase.

Used food but also crew is bad, 1.5 skills only as moved better crew to other tanks. ~3,2k damage done, 3,9k damage tanked so armor happened to work really well.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1324605

some notes from replay:

- Intresting how fast 268 climbs up this gently rising middle ridge of Fishermans bay, not losing too much compared to friendly meds.

- Armor worked excellently hull down, though opponents were bit bad too I guess.

- Agility and small size allow to dance in traditional medium tank map spot where 263 or foch would be too big and clumsy with their big paper thin sides. 268 vulnerable side profile size is probably like 1/4 compared to 263

- Finally bit lucky jpz100 ding end of match shows again that armor is not that bad with those huge angles it has.

While I think the 268 was a bit over nerfed with how the meta has changed, I do agree it works best as a "medium-td." Use your speed and camo just like you would a medium. Sometimes sniping, sometimes flanking, other times moving with a "pack."

Just make sure to make use of the speed and don't hang back too much. Actually reminds me of how I play the JP2.

Unlocked it, bought it, played it once. Used old ghetto crew from the SU-100Y

10626312_886889631343392_691107507116503

Dayum... I don't know if it's because higher tier but high rolls are frequent.... Armor can't troll bounce like the 704. The pen on the gun is chewing the enemies. Mobility is nice.

Liking it so far.

Oh yeah and the enemy E-100 was camping the base the whole game...

Tries to prove his viewers the Obj268 is the worst T10 TD, gets an Ace Tanker in the end.

Easy to get Ace badge when nobody is playing it.... 1135xp for Ace? lel... basically proves how bad it is.

So is the 268 still viable for CWs? Since I recently obtained the SU-122 (or 152, the name escapes me atm) and I had my heart set on getting an Maus-killing TD.

So is the 268 still viable for CWs? Since I recently obtained the SU-122 (or 152, the name escapes me atm) and I had my heart set on getting an Maus-killing TD.

Not really. It's outclassed by everything, now.

Crap, now I have to grind the AT 2 now...

Ehm... 183 isn't really CW viable either.  Certainly haven't seen one in a while.  E3, Wfte100 are the most used TDs in CW from what I see.

Screw the 268.. you're way better of with keeping the 704 than switching up to the 268.

268 was my first T10 tank and I loved it, then some time later the shitty BS nerf came and it turned it from being enjoyable & new tank -> "more mobile 704".

I don't mind the 850 -> 750dmg nerf (Well I do, since I think a T10 TD should have 800+ avg -.-), what really got me is the massive nerf in ACCURACY, the thing if it freaking hits is nice, most of the time it goes south like a pacifist shell!

Slightest movement of the barrel -> oh, you wanna hit? How about NO?

These are my two cents

Best Regards,

Pissed 268 Driver & Shit player

268 camo is awefull. With camo net im spoted all the time even behind bush

Super camo 268 was never how you carried matches, even before the nerfs. It's always been better as an assault TD, a lot like the Foch. That's still what it's better at, but the mobility reduction and the HEAT pen nerf killed it pretty comprehensively.