Shade421

Why am I gay for the Fatton?

So, I got the patton as one of my last tier 10's, having heard about it for a long time, never having seen many of them being played, and certainly none doing anything special. Figured I wouldn't like it much and was not enthusiastic about getting it. M46 was lame, and then i got the M48, free xp'd the gun, and played my first few matches with an expectation of mediocre ho-huminess. Derp.

Much wrong. Such mistaken. Wow. I love this thing. Played it so much i got my first MoE of any tank on it, not even trying, just playing it because I love it. People ask me why I love it, and I'm usually kind of drunk so I just spew some random garbage and move on, but truth be told, I don't really know why. I currently own or have played and sold every single tier 10 in the game except cancer. The I'm terribad at the Leo 1, but I do like it. It's a better sniper/ambusher than the Patton. 50M is a better brawler in every way except DPM. STB-1 is faster with better depression, turret armor, and DPM. I hated the 62A and 140, but for some reason love the 430, all of which have better DPM, speed, and armor. So why is it that I love the patton to the point that I've actually managed to get good at it, like this:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1146599#erlenberg-shade421-m48a1

http://wotreplays.com/site/1082387#prokhorovka-shade421-m48a1

http://wotreplays.com/site/962069#siegfried_line-shade421-m48a1

It doesn't make a lot of sense, and I was wondering if anyone else had these secret feelings :$ ? Any of the players far better than myself have any pro/con opinions on the Patton as a general pubstar?

not sure. they never clicked with me. had a couple good matches in both, but overall sucked donkey dong in them. 140 roof aror was a particular point of frustration. The 430, I seem to do much better in. Another one of those I got the MoE in very quickly without even realizing it. noticed it on the barrel one day in a match, didn't remember getting it. I think it may be the armor. On paper and in the collission model it doesn't look very impressive, but exposing the front hull at odd angles results in bounces for days, and the gun handling doesn't seem to hinder it very much.

I love my Fatton and I'm horribad in it... Well, last 100 games I have done >2.3DPG with a few kills and stuff... But I failed in it for 1000 games.

Do you think you will enjoy the 9.3 changes?

oh yes, very much. been on CT a couple times but forgot to try the 430 there, ill have to remember to do that.

I love my Fatton and I'm horribad in it... Well, last 100 games I have done >2.3DPG with a few kills and stuff... But I failed in it for 1000 games.

lol i have a few tanks i did that in, got them when i had no idea wtf i was doing, like the 4202, t57, 121, etc. im not a natural in this game, i have to learn it, and it took me a while.

some seem to have a natural talent for it. and im also more hard headed than most. someone telling me something doesnt work isnt usually gonna do the trick, i have to do it and find out why for myself. this is honestly the first competitive multiplayer game ive ever been anything resembling good at.

The Pershing was my first tier 8 tank and I hated the thing because I was getting owned so much. I still think that line is cursed for me even though I know it was my lack of knowledge and experience at the time I think that will be the last line I complete in this game as to say "Ha!! you POS mofuqqerrr, finally got you :3"

I am kinda surprised about the M46 comment. It has always been a solid tank and the recent gun buff makes it feel like any of the new tier 9 mediums. I have been doing great in mine since I knocked the dust off after the buff. As for the M48, I have had it researched forever, but don't feel the need to buy it since I have the M60 and they are so close to the same tank. I know they don't get much love, but the combination of depression and view range make them pretty dam good in pubs. The definitely have some solo carrying power. Most of the people who say they are bad will still admit they are good pub tanks. Before they nerfed the M48, it could have been the arguably the best tier 10 medium, but they overnerfed. I think alot of the people who say it is bad also played it was released, which makes the current version seem like shit comparatively. If you have only played it as it is currently, it won't feel like a turd.

that could be it, driftin. also, i did the m46 before the recent buff, and gun handling combined with the non-existent turret armor kill it for me. with the m48, i can poke a ridge, spot, aim, shoot a fully aimed shot, and back off before anyone can fully aim at my weak tumor, and the rest of the turret is fairly bouncy. when i first got it, i poked a ridge on komarin (bleh), not knowing what was there, and my turret bounced a shot from a wt pz 4, a jpe100, an su 122 54, and a wt e100 immediately. never would have happen in the m46.

my turret bounced a shot from a wt pz 4, a jpe100, an su 122 54, and a wt e100 immediately

HAX, I mean I know BAGDR cheats, but this just proof of that. 

On a side note, I don't have the battle count in my Fatton that you do, but I do like the tank.

Shfty©

I love my Patton, for pubs at least, I just wish they would replace it with the M60A1. Same gun and everything, 3kph faster with a more powerful diesel engine, and turret armor you can rely on. mMmm

I am with you (except that the m46 is amazingballs) I hate the 140 and kinda like the m48

Necroing this post to say that I, too, am gay for the Fatton. This is the most comfortable tank I've driven and I don't even have to think about the tank while I'm playing. As they say, "when the shoe fits the foot is forgotten".

The M46 was really comfortable, too, but I was always concerned about which ammo I was using. The M48 is just buttah.

M46 is my fav tank in the game.

I have the M48 researched but still 400k silver away from it. (no premium right now)

I have got to say, The Fatton is my first Tier 10 and it is so comfortable to use. Its not the fastest, and in a sense doesn't feel like a flanking medium. But I like it. I currently play it as a firing platform. Aiming for tracks at exposed tanks to allow my team mates to take their juicy HP.

Things I have noticed:

- Using the Tier 9 gun on the patton has not been an issue. Any issues with pen are easily sorted with some Premium shells when required, but If I aim enough and shoot what I know can pen I don't find it much of an issue.

- Gun bloom with VStab, smooth ride and snapshot and a 95% crew (used credits to retrain - used an M4 crew I had been training up for the Fatton as I wanted to keep the M46) is non existant (almost)

- Can turn on a coin (Im Australian so no dimes here)

- Depression ++

- View Range ++

Not my Favourite Tank in the game (M46 is much more fun at this stage) but Its not fair off.