Sign in to follow this  
Capn Greg

On the older tier 8 light meta.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this. It took me a long while to figure out that mediums and lights are a more natural playstyle for me, so I'm quite eager to put some of the new light tanks coming in 9.3 in my garage (particularly the Spahpanzer, *salivates*) 

However, it sort of left me wondering what plans on being done with the 13 90 or the WZ-132. Are they going to remain viable or become victims of power creep? Seems to me that the latter is possible, but I'd like more information before coming to a conclusion about 'em. 

WZ132 is outclassed completely by the T54L in every way. No use for competitive play any more.

1390 still retains the honour of being the only effective burst at tier 8, combined with a proper, APCR gold round, and will still be the number one light making up the masses in most competition strategies.

RU251 will probably be the only other one used due to its large capability all-round, but in most cases and maps you simply can't go past the autoloader.

As far as pub play goes RU251 will be effective being so versatile and blatantly OP, but it certainly won't mean a coffin for the 1390. Both have their respective niches.

T49 appears to be no more than a gimmick.

The AMX 1390 still has its niche for itself. None of the new tanks have the same burst potential so it is still strong in what it does.

In regards to the WZ-132, we will have to wait and see but I think it will still be viable. APCR gold round makes and great mobility still makes it potent compared to the new tanks.

As far as pub play goes RU251 will be effective being so versatile and blatantly OP, but it certainly won't mean a coffin for the 1390. Both have their respective niches.

Being the best in class doesn't make it OP when everything in that class is already weak to begin with.

Being the best in class doesn't make it OP when everything in that class is already weak to begin with.

Ya, have to think of them as tier 9s when you're looking at whether or not they are balanced, and there are plenty of 9s that will outperform these guys (even though they will be fun for sure)

Not sure why WG is so set against having gaps in a tech tree branch, but is fine with counter intuitive MM that is explained nowhere until a poor newbie gets into a match and complains about being so outtiered.

Really wish WG would just balance lights with regular MM.  Even if the tree would look a little funky, I'd rather have gaps where you might jump from tier 7->9 and have regular MM than "balancing" them with gimped MM (which then gets thrown out for organised play anyway)

Unless something happens the new german tier 8 light is just about better at everything WZ-132 does. Better ptw ratio, similar gun, higher top speed... No idea why would anyone play a WZ-132 if they have a Roo.

13 90 will still have a place.  Great mobility plus a clip ensures its place in tournament play.  I think the RU may be a better pub stomper, as it will bring better gun handling and none of the downside of an autoloader.  WZ...  seems obsolete now.  I'm sure people will still play them, they just won't be primary for tournaments.