Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Havoc

[TYPE 64] Light Tanks Review - to buy or not to buy?

[TYPE64] CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON!!!!

Hi Guys,

I have recently began making some movies about WOT content.

I started by completing a review one of my favorite tanks the Type 64.

It is a great little Chinese Light Tank that can be used in a number of ways. I will let the video present it too you.

This is one of the first videos I made so there are ways this can be improved. 

I called it Crouching 'Tiger, Hidden Dragon'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8so99H9UhcU&list=UUYn6nC-RSPDBKmJOV65SNGw

Have a Great day

Havoc

Cant see the question again and im not gonna watch your video.

But buy the Type64!

what question are you refering too?

Im confused lol

Have a great day

HAvoc

A stat padders dream. I average out ~3500 WN8 in mine which is among the best of all my tanks. Only with the SU-152 did I actually achieve higher average WN8 values than that.

6% or so more and I will get my third make of excellence with it.

A stat padders dream. I average out ~3500 WN8 in mine which is among the best of all my tanks. Only with the SU-152 did I actually achieve higher average WN8 values than that.

6% or so more and I will get my third make of excellence with it.

Excellent mate, it sounds like you are very good in this tank.

Perhaps you can pm me some link to replays you uploaded to wot replays, they would make great tutorials for the new players.

Havoc

This tank is very capable at tier6 stronkholds aswell. I roll this tank in stronkys all the time with my 132-crew(3skills). The money income is also nice.

For random pubs, not so much. The low ammo capacity really limits your capabilities to carry games. The lacking turret traverse also limits your circling of enemies aswell.

I've always been tempted, but now I've sunk my teeth into the Chinese medium line over Lights.

Ontop of the new LTs coming in, I have no real desire to get a Type as the WZ tanks have been power creeped.

This tank is very capable at tier6 stronkholds aswell. I roll this tank in stronkys all the time with my 132-crew(3skills). The money income is also nice.

For random pubs, not so much. The low ammo capacity really limits your capabilities to carry games. The lacking turret traverse also limits your circling of enemies aswell.

I have never had an issue hitting enemies whilst circling with this tank, low ammo can be fustrating but if you hit with most shots you would still be on over 3000 damage

I've always been tempted, but now I've sunk my teeth into the Chinese medium line over Lights.

Ontop of the new LTs coming in, I have no real desire to get a Type as the WZ tanks have been power creeped.

There is a distinct possibility WG will have to adjust some of the current lights to make them comparable. Also the Type isnt just a Crw grinder, it is a credit grinder and so much fun!!!

Been pulling off so many 1st class and Aces in this thing lately.  Oh, so you need 500 damage to reach the expected do you?  Lemme just get 1500 or more every freakin' game and pad the $#!% out of those stats.

1.  Go to middle road on Lakeville and sit in bush.

2.  Activate Binocs on top of the Optics I already have.

3.  Snipe tier 7 meds and heavies that I can spot but they can't spot me back.

4.  Go in to base and kill arty and asses of tanks in valley or town.

5.  Win with an Ace Tanker and 1500 base exp.

6.  Rinse and repeat.

Been pulling off so many 1st class and Aces in this thing lately.  Oh, so you need 500 damage to reach the expected do you?  Lemme just get 1500 or more every freakin' game and pad the $#!% out of those stats.

6.  Rinse and repeat.

ie, just play it like a T49 that sees a better class of enemy :)

I recently started an account on NA server and bought a Type-64 to build up some credits... damn, without crew trained in camo and 6S this tank sucks balls... only another 100 or so games of pain left before the fun starts in earnest.

6.  Rinse and repeat.

Thanks for posting man, but tbh it is not really that simple in this tank as in any tank, if it is, then maybe i need to play in the NA server

HAvoc

How does the Type 64 compare to the upcoming T37? Is it still worth snagging one at this point?

Credit earning is not a factor.

I have not played one mate so I can not say, will be interesting to see.

ie, just play it like a T49 that sees a better class of enemy :)

I recently started an account on NA server and bought a Type-64 to build up some credits... damn, without crew trained in camo and 6S this tank sucks balls... only another 100 or so games of pain left before the fun starts in earnest.

Best thing about this tank is that it's nearly impossible to lose credits.  About the only way is to spam all gold.  I remember a game where it was a loss and I died like 30 seconds into the game and I still made like 6k credits.

For me I didnt get the Type 64 to train a crew that was a bonus admittedly I got it because it looked fun and I can grind some creds in a Light Tank.

I think war gaming got that right the light tank players need a viable credit grinder.

This is it.

Havoc

I'm on the learning curve with this tank, but it is so comfortable to play. If you play a bit passively (minimize the yolo) it has worked very well for me. I imagine that the M41 will be like this tank on steroids.

Thanks for posting man, but tbh it is not really that simple in this tank as in any tank, if it is, then maybe i need to play in the NA server

HAvoc

here you go - my first Ace tanker on NA (after many fails):

(crew now on about 73% camo)

http://wotreplays.com/site/1193315#serene_coast-sylvansight-type_64

Good on you mate!!!!!

heh - to be fair, the battle mostly consisted of start->wait->solo a very bad Rhm->die->get carried to victory by a blue in a 416->celebrate 'M'

Cheers to Mr 416 :)