Enzo

I Really Hate it When People Cap Instead of Killing.

Its been a while since the last time I made a post, but there is an issue that I have to address, Capping VS Killing. 

Why do people cap, when there is only one guy left to kill? It was 8 vs 1 and our KV2 decided to cap instead of letting me get the 6th kill. Thank you very much comrade. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_kDUB8R9es&list=UUh4iMP9_-X6Jl5WsWD52oFw

What do you guys think?

considering most players would bone you for a month for some personal success, i dont know why its surprising someone would value cap points over giving you a kill

he wants to farm cap point, you wanted to farm damage.

The game is won anyhow.

I don't see the difference between you and him aside from the fact that you two are farm different statistics.

he wants to farm cap point, you wanted to farm damage.

The game is won anyhow.

I don't see the difference between you and him aside from the fact that you two are farm different statistics.

the difference is in selfishness. considering cap points themselves have no value, farming them at someone else's suspense may very well screw both of you over. you're either doing it out of malice or (much more likely) ignorance of how the game rewards these things.

farming damage is still farming, but at least you're giving your team XP they wouldn't otherwise get by doing it.

Personally if I'm capping while you're killing I prolly got a Hot Pocket coming outta the oven and I'm all like, "oh, dayum, Hot Pocket!". HOT POCKET!

There is a value in having someone on cap to make it so that the guy left has to make an attempt to defend if he doesn't want to lose. Also gives you protection of a win if the last guy standing starts going on a tear. That said, if it's getting under 10 seconds, there's plenty of time in the game and the last guy hasn't started picking off our team, I'd drive off cap.

So, in short, in your scenario, I do think that the guy would have better served driving off cap, but there were also opportunities for the team to complete the kill before cap time as well. It did look to me like you missed at least one shot that could have made the difference. (Don't take this as criticism as I probably would have missed all my shots if I attempted the same.)

Very different scenario, but in this game I think I did the right thing by keeping the cap on

I always cap when I can because I want to farm cap points

If you want to farm damage and kill,do it. I've seen 5 pubbies fail to execute 1 enemy so I don't care about anyones XP. I only care about my WR.

Base Capture points 6,570

Battles Fought  8,053

only 9 invader medals, but 123 top guns

fuck capping unless there is no other way of winning. The cap is a tool to get them to come at you.

i will sit in cap if i know we are not gonna win that way, but will get out to let the team clean up the rest. The only time i will sit in cap and not care is, only if there are more then 3 guys already in it, or the last kill is gonna take like 3 mins to get (light running around).

Base Capture points 6,570

Battles Fought 8,053

only 9 invader medals, but 123 top guns

fuck capping unless there is no other way of winning. The cap is a tool to get them to come at you.

i will sit in cap if i know we are not gonna win that way, but will get out to let the team clean up the rest. The only time i will sit in cap and not care is, only if there are more then 3 guys already in it, or the last kill is gonna take like 3 mins to get (light running around).

Wow,interesting stats

Mine

Battle Fought 3293

Base Capture Points 4527

So if I had 8053 games like you,I would have 11071 cap points

I don't mind capping when it's appropriate.

It's mindless capping when the enemy team is just going to farm decap points off you that pisses me off.

Honestly, what's wrong with capping when the other team only has a few tanks left and you've 8? It's still a win and you get into the next fight sooner. I can't see getting mad about that unless you need dat WN8 so gud.

Honestly, what's wrong with capping when the other team only has a few tanks left and you've 8? It's still a win and you get into the next fight sooner. I can't see getting mad about that unless you need dat WN8 so gud.

i get mad not because of WN8, because it basically letting free exp just fly away, and when your grinding exp/money it really sucks.

i get mad not because of WN8, because it basically letting free exp just fly away, and when your grinding exp/money it really sucks.

And that KV-2 was thinking the same as you

He might be grinding just like you and his tank was too slow to go kill. If he have got out of the cap,his XP would fly away too.

I capped against the wishes of 2 teammates earlier today. It was airfield, and it was a T57 and an arty against a Bat-155-58. The Bat was running around, and the T57 was one-shot. I was also heavily damaged in a Type 61, likely also a one-shot kill. I was not going to trust a random T57 Heavy to kill an autoloader artillery (which was one of those WINNR guys by the way) when he had already racked up 2 or 3 kills in TD mode a minute before. 

Fuck gold/damage farmers - I am not risking a loss. I cap when it is the best way to win. It is rare that capping is in itself the best play, but there are times when it is. 

In summary:

If it is not close, farm damage.

If it is close, make the best play - even if it means capping out.

Little point risking the win EXP just for an additional kill when there's a chance of it going tits up still.

Better to cap minus one kill than risk a loss 

And that KV-2 was thinking the same as you

He might be grinding just like you and his tank was too slow to go kill. If he have got out of the cap,his XP would fly away too.

nope, i would get out of cap to let the guy get his top gun.

the difference is in selfishness. considering cap points themselves have no value, farming them at someone else's suspense may very well screw both of you over. you're either doing it out of malice or (much more likely) ignorance of how the game rewards these things.

farming damage is still farming, but at least you're giving your team XP they wouldn't otherwise get by doing it.

OP's post was about him wanting top gun not his having some altruistic perspective of wanting his team to receive two more xp for damage dealt. They both made their decision from a perspective of personal gain. Both are selfish but it still doesn't matter. They got the win. You don't earn it unless you get it.

It doesn't matter what the OP was doing it for or whether people whoring kills at the end of the game even realize they are helping their team. If you're capping in a sure-win game and there is a reasonable amount of HP on the field (i.e not OP's situation) you're either ignorant or a dick. I'm all for capping if it'll help, but there are a lot more situations where it won't than where it will.

It doesn't matter what the OP was doing it for or whether people whoring kills at the end of the game even realize they are helping their team. If you're capping in a sure-win game and there is a reasonable amount of HP on the field (i.e not OP's situation) you're either ignorant or a dick. I'm all for capping if it'll help, but there are a lot more situations where it won't than where it will.

I don't disagree about generally capping being a bad idea. It's something I only do to apply pressure or when there's a fast tank on the field with little time to chase it down.

I disagree with the notion that intent is irrelevant in determining someone going for kills is less selfish than someone capping when the person going for kills either is unaware of or does not care about the bonus. Being selfish is placing your wants and needs above others. Being unselfish is placing others wants and needs before your own. It's about attitude and not so much outcome. There is a requirement for intent which also will lack in cases where people don't know others will benefit from it. You can't intend to put others needs and wants ahead of your own if you don't know they will benefit from your decision to kill all. It's not possible to inadvertently be selfless.

If people look at my stats I have 2.56 average capture points (and 2.38 average defense points but that is not the point of this thread) and I have had several people call me a cap whore (jokingly though, so no hard feelings).

Whenever I am in a slow tank like the British TD's or a heavy on a larger map I often just B-line it for the enemy cap, trying to kill anything in my way. Then, if there are only a few (< 3) enemies left on reasonably low health I will just drive into the cap because most often they are on the other side of the map and I can't be bothered to drive over and kill them.

Usually I am the only one in the cap so my team will have 1 minute and 40 seconds to kill the remaining tanks. If they can't make it in that time they dont deserve the damage anyway. If I am in a fast tank I usually track down the remaining tanks. Unless if there is only one artillery left and I am low-HP. I will force a win or force him to come to me/the cap circle as I dont want to risk a defeat for 300 extra hp of damage. This has resulted in quite a fair amount of invader medals/cap points.

In regards to resetting cap to let someone kill off one last enemy, I try to anticipate how long it should take someone to kill the remaining enemy and I'll reset the cap so it times up with the kill. This way both me and the other guy gets our moment of glory. If he still doesn't get it after one reset or if I can see he is not just going for it (as in, trying to conserve health or whatever), I wont reset. If someone wants their damn topgun they have to earn it/play aggresively to kill the last enemy.

What annoys me is when people drive onto cap at a score line along the line of 8-0, 9-2 etc. where it is clearly a win and there are TONNES of damage left in the game. But I dont get too worked up about it. I still prefer the win over anything else.

I will damned well cap it out if I am told to "get off cap retard". If asked nicely, I will drive off and let you farm damage.

Typically only get on cap to apply pressure or when it is needed to secure the win. Capping > losing.