Garbad

The Chinese 112

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which communist wedge tank reigns supreme?

19 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

You should probably 3-mark it just to prove how good it is.

and pop credit boosters while doing it

What sort of psycho would do that?

Wrecked face this game without trying... 

Was the "perfect storm" for the 112 though.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3182396#sand_river-treeburst-112

The armor seems over-buffed imo... my LFP only got penned once from the front and I was tipping it up at the time.

I've just bought one and would really appreciate a steer on how to set it up in the post-buff world.

Vert Stab & Rammer are a given I think.

For the 3rd slot,

Optics, Vents or Gun Laying Drive? I've seen a few comments about swapping vents out in favour of optics and also the armour now allowing more time to aim, but I only have a near 2 skill crew so no BIA yet.

Also, my driver will have Preventative Maintenance (appreciate that's only for the engine) so is it a good idea to swap AFE out in favour of food? Or will I burn a lot? I have a premium repair kit and premium first aid kit.

Thanks

I wouldn't run prevent maintenance, it's fires really only come from the fuel tanks. GLD or vents or optics really is your preference. If you're great with armor to buy you time to aim, skip the GLD and drive closer. If you're trying for marks or big team impact, optics for armored scout role. 

FYI the fuel tank used to be up front (which is the reason you will see a lot of old comment saying it burn a lot from the front) but they were remove and put at the back/rear side apparently. 

I was waiting for this tank a long time since the buffs and immediately bought it and my god, the memes. :awyeah: Much better than IS-6 except the DPM, which don't bother me that much.  

The HEAT can be dodgy with the awful accuracy, shells flop all over the place. HE from a lot of derp guns absolutely shit on it (be careful of jap heavies) and take out a crew member most hits, dead gunner is NOT fun. The frontal armour is bloody hilarious and makes it totally worth it though, nothing more fun than going head to head with equal tier heavies and coming out the other side victorious without breaking a sweat.

It really is better than IS-6 now.

The armor is way overbuffed, it sidescrapes like a boss and the gun handling is exactly the same as in IS-6.... and it's faster than IS-6 due to much lower ground resistances.

So I picked this up earlier this week. Sofar 31 battles, 64% winrate and 2400wn8. Which is absurdly high for a casual like me. 

I think I average about 1.5k bounced per game. This thing is so nice. It's fast and has good frontal armour. Perfect for less-map-aware players that just want to shoot stuff :-) 

Edit: had a 1450 base xp game in it and only got a 1st class. Seems like mastery requirements are quite high

DQRCbdU.jpg

Finished the third mark today - it took me 32 games to go from 85% to 95% at 2550 DPG and a bit over 700 assisted, so call it 3.3k combined. I only won 62.5% though...I think it was just a bad streak but I'm also not that great at fat heavies with blunderbusses.

I had quit playing this tank pre-buff because of severe hatred. Now it has excellent armor that at least makes it fun to play despite the gun being trash. I ran food on the final push but I'll probably switch to AFE because this tank burns plenty. Although the view range bonus from food is really useful - you can rack up a lot of spotting. There's actually maps (Erlenberg south for example) where my primary goal at the start is usually spotting and then getting damage later.

This armor works so well holly molly.. The gun is bad yes.. But the amount of tank who can't pen you or take so long to pen that they effectively cut their DPM in half.. :doge2:

So picked this up today (figured it's time I started a Chinese crew)

Started with a 50% crew, so the tank was a little pitiful, but seems decent now that they're close to 100%

But- is the idea with this things armor to avoid brawling?

Close in it seems to get penned a lot, not sure if I messing something up or if it's just that close up a lot of tanks are firing down into the plate and reducing the angle.

6 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

So picked this up today (figured it's time I started a Chinese crew)

Started with a 50% crew, so the tank was a little pitiful, but seems decent now that they're close to 100%

But- is the idea with this things armor to avoid brawling?

Close in it seems to get penned a lot, not sure if I messing something up or if it's just that close up a lot of tanks are firing down into the plate and reducing the angle.

Find a hulldown spot and don't give them clean shots at your cupola. Alternately sidescrape from every possible corner. You are not actually an assault tank against most same and higher tiers- think of your tank as a roadblock es. The way you do damage is to make them overcommit until you can aim at clear weakspots. 

2 hours ago, lavawing said:

Find a hulldown spot and don't give them clean shots at your cupola. Alternately sidescrape from every possible corner. You are not actually an assault tank against most same and higher tiers- think of your tank as a roadblock es. The way you do damage is to make them overcommit until you can aim at clear weakspots. 

The 112 is working out REALLY well for me. It's ideal for dictating the battle with the speed to get places early, and the armor to dig in. 463 view range doesn't hurt (optics, food, situational awareness, 80% recon) for making sure everything scurrid's before you and lighting that TD who thinks camo is still relevant.

The gun sucks, but this isn't news. I haven't counted but I have to have probably 2k? 3k? games using D-25T variants. Know your overmatch surfaces, accept that you're going to have to load HEAT and aim very carefully vs IS brethren and tier 9 HTs. But the bully factor lets you literally roll over enough tanks that you can make space to engage those tougher tanks on your terms.

I'll get some replays up but right now I'm in the high 70s for wins, with 3k combined damage and spotting and a whopping 1.68 armor use, n=49. It's incredibly powerful for clearing flanks, bullying anything with under 220 pen (or more if hulldown), and getting where it needs to be.

56 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

The 112 is working out REALLY well for me. It's ideal for dictating the battle with the speed to get places early, and the armor to dig in. 463 view range doesn't hurt (optics, food, situational awareness, 80% recon) for making sure everything scurrid's before you and lighting that TD who thinks camo is still relevant.

The gun sucks, but this isn't news. I haven't counted but I have to have probably 2k? 3k? games using D-25T variants. Know your overmatch surfaces, accept that you're going to have to load HEAT and aim very carefully vs IS brethren and tier 9 HTs. But the bully factor lets you literally roll over enough tanks that you can make space to engage those tougher tanks on your terms.

I'll get some replays up but right now I'm in the high 70s for wins, with 3k combined damage and spotting and a whopping 1.68 armor use, n=49. It's incredibly powerful for clearing flanks, bullying anything with under 220 pen (or more if hulldown), and getting where it needs to be.

Would love to see tier X action plz.
I'm guessing profits with this tank is minimal?

You mean tier IX? And no, I find profits to be pretty good. It has the armor to aim down, and I'm pretty conscientious about ammo selection. I don't spam premium rounds on most tanks unless they're low capacity autoloaders or the IS-7. Since it's best role is bully penning 6s and 7s isn't to hard. And the HE round is very useful and profitable. Lots of paper tanks, good for securing kills and often useful at distances when you know you won't have the time or armor advantage to aim down. Its not hugely profitable using food of course, but I'm still seeing 20-40k a game. Ymmv with dpg

37 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

You mean tier IX? And no, I find profits to be pretty good. It has the armor to aim down, and I'm pretty conscientious about ammo selection. I don't spam premium rounds on most tanks unless they're low capacity autoloaders or the IS-7. Since it's best role is bully penning 6s and 7s isn't to hard. And the HE round is very useful and profitable. Lots of paper tanks, good for securing kills and often useful at distances when you know you won't have the time or armor advantage to aim down. Its not hugely profitable using food of course, but I'm still seeing 20-40k a game. Ymmv with dpg

Did not realize it only saw tier 9 max. Thanks for clearing that up!