frumpylumps

Extremely Abusive Elitists

I think it must really suck to care about win rate in a 15vs15 game.  That is the only thing I can come up with after a game with a very verbally abusive [THUGZ] player.

I said nothing to these guys and was called a plethora of names, told to uninstall, even while bringing victory to my team.

One player in particular flipped out because he somehow thought I could help him when I could not and gave me a barrage of insults for it.

While I was capping, another player on my team actually appeared to be happy that the cap points were reset when I got hit.

After the rager died, I went on to win the game amidst a flurry of insults from players who I later found out were obviously try-hard, stat padders, given the tanks that they play.

I'm a player who plays for fun and after this I began to wonder if I would have recieved the same level of abuse for my play if XVM had portrayed me favorably.

Please, wWatch the replay and tell me if I really did deserve all that verbal abuse.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1172201#northwest-frumpylumps-121

Frumpy,

I don't even need to see the replay to give you a viable answer.

No.

Just remember that this game comes with it's own set of pitfalls/personalities and those with personality disorders. It's easy to cast blame, and attack others with vitreolic tongues. Often digital tankers get caught up in the numbers and instead of reaching out with a helping hand or words of encouragement, get on a bully pulpit. It is the ugly side of the game and shows that the bullying doesn't stop at the high school level. It permeates our societies.

Take the moral high road, and be the better tanker.

Good luck bro.

I will watch the replay when I get home.

1. THUGZ

2. You come to the hideout of the elite and then insult us (none of whom had shit to do with the incident in question), presumably expecting positive results.

3. Play for fun argument=instant loss of any credibility. We all play for fun. Winning is fun, that's why we do it so much.

4. If you played like that and had good stats, you'd likely have been the subject of even more abuse.

If you'd like to edit this whole post out and maybe make a new one, introducing yourself, and discussing this issue in a reasonable and non-whiny buttmad manner, you might get some positive input, and (God forbid) learn something! Le gasp!

1. THUGZ

2. You come to the hideout of the elite and then insult us (none of whom had shit to do with the incident in question), presumably expecting positive results.

3. Play for fun argument=instant loss of any credibility. We all play for fun. Winning is fun, that's why we do it so much.

4. If you played like that and had good stats, you'd likely have been the subject of even more abuse.

If you'd like to edit this whole post out and maybe make a new one, introducing yourself, and discussing this issue in a reasonable and non-whiny buttmad manner, you might get some positive input, and (God forbid) learn something! Le gasp!

I do not believe one need be elite to be an elitist.

How have I offended you?  You are acting as if they were right to verbally abuse me. Did you even watch the replay?

Yeah, Frumpy, if your visiting here is solely for the sake of complaining about this one incident, I regret to inform you that you'll likely be disappointed. 

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/forum/10-newbie-palace-and-new-users-introductions/

Go there, make an intro. 

Clearly, you've cared enough to register, make a post, upload a replay, etc. The manner in which said thugz guy (and lel thugz) might have left much to be desired, but I assure you, you could have done much different and better. 

While I understand that you might be frustrated, I do not see what the point is of posting it here. You must come to understand that there's people that will say stuff you may not like(even in life) and unfortunately you'll have to basically deal with it.

Don't ever worry about something someone says to you, worry about your own performance in the match, let them do the same by not replying. Whether it's was justified or not I don't know (and honestly don't care) all I can tell you is that you should not ever worry about it too much and just carry on with whatever it was with what you were doing. Also as said by the people before me: don't post it here, It's not going to change anything.

Edit: watched the replay...okay start of the match you are camping in a top tier medium, that's a no no, especially on a map like that. Also, please learn your tank...I saw you play against the is-3 and you just kept forgetting you had no gun depression. 
after watching it further..I partially agree with their complaints, why the are you capping when there's 2 tanks near base capable of reaching it within 1 minute especially when one of them is an arty?
While you did win the match you should have tried doing a few things different...if the foch wasn't a oneshot and the arty hadn't rushed you things would have turned out completely different.

The problem here seems you have some kind of phobia, you're scared of getting hit at anytime by anyone, you wasted time on an is-3 you could have killed and that t92, don't be afraid to lose HP if necessary.

I haven't wanted to replay, but I'm a firm believer that there's such a thing as a good win, and a bad win, though I know 'a win is a win' to a lot of people.

Not a good start for you.  You've regurgitated pretty much every comment that bounces around the bad player echo chamber.  I must admit, the tone of your post has me expecting nothing good in that replay.

I will, however, watch it when I get a chance.

And yes, the abuse gets out of hand at times, and is not always deserved.  On the other hand, the abuse is often quite justified.  By stating that "it must suck to care about win rate", you've established that you don't value your performance.  You've made it clear that you care nothing for the people on your team.  Quite frankly, I find that attitude far more insulting than anything those players may have said to you.  

I haven't wanted to replay, but I'm a firm believer that there's such a thing as a good win, and a bad win, though I know 'a win is a win' to a lot of people.

There's a lot of truth in the good win/bad win dichotomy.  A 15-13 win might be a bad win, if decent play had made it a 15-7 win.  Most bad wins are the result of the winning team nearly throwing it all away when the game was well in hand.  It is entirely possible to play well and lose, and equally possibly to play badly and win.

Can't watch the replay at work so I can't judge on that yet, so leaving that aside you are not making a good first impression with some of the comments you are making:

"care about win rate in a 15vs15 game." - This whole site exists to show that it is a lie to think you can't make a difference in a 15v15 game.

"While I was capping" - sounds like you were trying to cap instead of helping your teammates, again haven't watched the replay, but this seems likely, capping is situational, better to help your teammates, than to die alone on the cap circle after they have been killed because you were not there to help.

"I'm a player who plays for fun" - Again this site exists to dispel this myth, that if you do well in the game somehow its because you are not having fun and trying too hard, no its not fun to lose, its not fun to be bad at something, its fun to learn and get better at something.

Anyway maybe not the best start for you here, but hopefully you stick around and learn something, maybe one day you can look back on your replay and see what the problem might have been.

One player in particular flipped out because he somehow thought I could help him when I could not and gave me a barrage of insults for it.

The artillery that was directly responsible for his death was isolated and literally right down the slope on K line, not even a stone's throw away from where you were.  You, on full health, could have very easily taken him out with little risk to yourself, and then it would have very much been his fault for failing to be able to duel a Foch in close quarters.  You didn't take this very simple, basic action to help out your teammate, though, and that was precisely the moment when people started insulting you.

After the rager died, I went on to win the game amidst a flurry of insults from players who I later found out were obviously try-hard, stat padders, given the tanks that they play.

I'm going to use pubbie logic and remind you that this is a team game, that victory was not yours and yours alone.  If that THUGZ guy hadn't helped stop the base from being reset, then charged across the map to kill that IS-8 and if that enemy Foch didn't decide to get himself stuck on the top of said THUGZ player's tank, you would have died on that cap circle, and it definitely would have been because you did not help your teammate when you could.

I won't say you deserved any level of abuse for your play, because that is not true.  However, shit like this really frustrating, and you presenting this as you getting insulted and bullied for leading the team to victory is just straight up false.  I guarantee you, I could have mimicked your moves play-by-play and I would fully expect to have been called out or even insulted for it, despite being XVM cyan/blue/whatever, because that is terrible play regardless of what colour your name is in.

In case anyone wants a recap:

OP is in the 121 with camo net. Goes north (the big ridge) on Northwest. Snipes for a while. Team collapses on the other flanks. He kills a pushing KV-4, then struggles with his gun depression and spends a few minutes trying to get down the ridge and shoot an IS-3. Game is down to 3v2 at this point, him and the THUGZ guy vs T92, Foch 155, and IS-8. OP drives into enemy base and finds arty, but is too scared to take the hit and just leaves it alone. The IS-8 and Foch kill the THUGZ guy as OP caps the base. Arty comes back and hits OP for a few damage points, resetting base. Foch comes up to reset, but it's too late and OP kills it.

Frumpy, you definitely didn't deserve the hate - you played exactly like I'd expect you to and theres nothing wrong with that. I do want you to know that you did make some pretty bad mistakes though, and I can definitely see how it'd frustrate a good player observing you. Here are mistakes I noticed:

1. Why are you running camo net?

2. Why are you using a manual fire extinguisher?

3. Why are you sniping in a 121 on northwest? This is not the right tank or map to be doing so.

4. Why don't you move when you get spotted while sniping? You just kind of sat there.

5. Why are so scared of losing HP? You spent way too long playing footsies with a lone 100 HP IS-3, and you were way too scared of the T92.

Just remember that some people are assholes, but they probably do have at least some semblance of a point. Feel free to ignore their attitude, but don't ignore the mistakes that you made.

(and yes you absolutely could of helped the other guy, idk what makes you think you couldn't but im assuming its your extreme aversion to getting hit)

edit: As it turns out, OP is not interested in getting better, and just plays to make the most credits and xp as he can. Forget what I said, if you play like this you have no right to complain about being insulted.

I think it must really suck to care about win rate in a 15vs15 game. 

That's the insult, if it wasn't obvious. The banner at the too of the page makes it pretty obvious most of us care about win rate here...

Since when is losing, fun?

I too play for fun, and the more I win the more fun I have. I lose, I quit playing because its not fun. 

Thugz? lel

Not going to neg, which this clearly deserves. We're not the Official Forums, we're not the joke of WOT Free Speech, nor are we For the Retards. We're here for the game mechanics, game skills, etc. At the very best, this goes into the *venting* room, but even then it probably get shit canned. 

Next time something like this is posted by you will probably be the last time you post here. 

2. Why are you using a manual fire extinguisher?

tbh, I like to run manual fire exs mapped to the spacebar if I don't want to burn credits on an autoex or food/gas.  I can usually react fast enough to drop the fire before 3 ticks, though a couple of times I've failed to take notice.  So, there is that.

I don't do it on T10s though, bc I don't play those expecting to make money.

Edited by Spyshadow01

Meh Replay.  He was mad because you left him to fight 2 tanks, then you didn't even kill the arty.

Also, your stats are not bad enough to generate too much rage.  I will usually only insult the DARK red or black WN players.  Unless someone is being totally useless (which you were not).

tbh, I like to run manual fire exs mapped to the spacebar if I don't want to burn credits on an autoex

That's stupid. Autoex is basically free unless your garage is full of JT and E-100 copies. I hate this argument because its basically saying "paying 2k credits is too much for me". It's like the people who don't use repair kits on low tiers because it's too expensive.

You came here and instead of introducing yourself and asking what you should have done in that battle differently you go full sperg about unicum jerks. Well, http://www.myinstants.com/instant/fuck-off/

That's stupid. Autoex is basically free unless your garage is full of JT and E-100 copies. I hate this argument because its basically saying "paying 2k credits is too much for me"

Yes, and I noted that I don't run it on any of my T10s (in fact, looking through my garage, I don't run manual fire exs on anything above T8).  I just don't think it's a hugebig deal if you're using it with the hotkey bound to your spacebar/mouse.

and my garage is full of JT and E-100 clones.  ;_;

"On the other hand, the abuse is often quite justified.  By stating that "it must suck to care about win rate", you've established that you don't value your performance.  You've made it clear that you care nothing for the people on your team.  Quite frankly, I find that attitude far more insulting than anything those players may have said to you. "

Not true.  I do value my performance.  My goals are just different than yours.  For you, the primary goal might be to win.  For me, the goal is to earn as much credits and xp as I can in a short amount of time, and yoloing on fast tanks is a fun and effective way to do that rather that be waiting around, trying to scrape a win out of every game and earning less over time.  A side benefit is that the lower stats make me less likely to be targeted by people who believe XVM, especially arty.  I don't believe that my play is negatively effecting on other players any more than their play is effecting mine.  15vs15 win rate is an extremely poor indicator of skill.  Smart and skilled players intersted in joining top clans can easily prove themselves in the short term and make long term stats irrelevant. 

My comment that you quoted was more along the line of thought that if losing causes someone this much rage, due to caring so much about winning or losing, maybe they aren't really playing for fun and are playing more to try to show off their fake worth to others.

I can fully understand the other players in this game. After they actually used teamwork (see E75 and FV4202) they see you playing hesitant, bad and not as a member of a team. The reason you managed to win this was luck and had nothing to do with sensible decision making. You got lucky and should have died early on, but the Obj. 140 ignored you. You got lucky again with the IS-3, which could have easily penned you twice. You got lucky when arty shot you, you got lucky that the T92 and the Foch 155 didn't work together. You did not enable this win, it was handed to you.

Do these insults help anyone? No. But maybe you should see that the reason for those insults wasn't just frustration about their own game, but about a player in a top tier tank doing very strange things. Your attitude is not better than theirs.

edit: "people who believe XVM" - welcome to WotLabs. You are the justification.

Doubt he learned anything. We are all try hard stat padders.

(man I need to try harder)