Sign in to follow this  
frumpylumps

Extremely Abusive Elitists

This is the kind of crap that has driven the members of this forum from the WoT forums.  You come in here whining & insulting the very people who are here helping people like me (I admit it, I suck).  Your first line even put me on edge.  Not a good thing.

I think it must really suck to care about win rate in a 15vs15 game.  ....amidst a flurry of insults from players who I later found out were obviously try-hard, stat padders, given the tanks that they play.

If I'm a try hard, you are a fail hard.

If I'm a padder, you are the fluff.

Do you deserve the hate?  Well, yes, you do.  You are an active denier, are trying to pick a fight with your betters, and are illiterate/innumerate to boot.  You came here to sperg and deny and rant knowing full well you are the kind of filth we came here to avoid.

Get out you fucking retard.  That's the nicest advice you will get from me.

Is this official forums?!..oh eh....

I had to double check myself too.

It's sad to see average post quality sliding down the shitter.

For me, the goal is to earn as much credits and xp as I can in a short amount of time, and yoloing on fast tanks is a fun and effective way to do that

So what you're saying is that you're a bot, right?

You came here and instead of introducing yourself and asking what you should have done in that battle differently you go full sperg about unicum jerks. Well, http://www.myinstants.com/instant/fuck-off/

This is the shit he would post until he got perma'd on the official forums. 

With the play style you like of grinding tanks as fast as possible won't teach you a thing leaving you completely unprepared for end tiers which leads to you being a detriment to your team earning you the insults. Playing to win every game can be fun, winning is more fun and feels better than losing. 

If you don't want to learn or put effort (which is the entire reason this forum was made) into trying to improve, just leave this isn't the place for you.

"On the other hand, the abuse is often quite justified. By stating that "it must suck to care about win rate", you've established that you don't value your performance. You've made it clear that you care nothing for the people on your team. Quite frankly, I find that attitude far more insulting than anything those players may have said to you. "

Not true. I do value my performance. My goals are just different than yours. For you, the primary goal might be to win. For me, the goal is to earn as much credits and xp as I can in a short amount of time, and yoloing on fast tanks is a fun and effective way to do that rather that be waiting around, trying to scrape a win out of every game and earning less over time. A side benefit is that the lower stats make me less likely to be targeted by people who believe XVM, especially arty.

My comment that you quoted was more along the line of thought that if losing causes someone this much rage, due to caring so much about winning or losing, maybe they aren't really playing for fun and are playing more to try to show off their fake worth to others.

Why are you participating in a competitive game when you have no desire to compete with others?

Not true.  I do value my performance.  My goals are just different than yours.  For you, the primary goal might be to win.  For me, the goal is to earn as much credits and xp as I can in a short amount of time, and yoloing on fast tanks is a fun and effective way to do that rather that be waiting around, trying to scrape a win out of every game and earning less over time.  

I'm going to regret asking this.....

but... WHY?

What do you gain by getting "as much credits and XP as fast as you can"? Credits for the next tier tank so you can play it poorly? Is it fun to collect a garage full of tanks that you suck in? Do you enjoy watching your tank go boom?

Also, if that REALLY is your goal.... you should get good. I assure you that Rexxie earns a lot more Credits/minute than you do. Even if he has a higher survival rate than your win rate and is "forces" to play every game to the end.

Not true.  I do value my performance.  My goals are just different than yours.  For you, the primary goal might be to win.  For me, the goal is to earn as much credits and xp as I can in a short amount of time, and yoloing on fast tanks is a fun and effective way to do that rather that be waiting around, trying to scrape a win out of every game and earning less over time.  A side benefit is that the lower stats make me less likely to be targeted by people who believe XVM, especially arty.  I don't believe that my play is negatively effecting on other players any more than their play is effecting mine.  15vs15 win rate is an extremely poor indicator of skill.  Smart and skilled players intersted in joining top clans can easily prove themselves in the short term and make long term stats irrelevant. 

Well...when winning you gain a lot more EXP than on a loss, not to mention that when your performance goes up so does your exp.

So the arguement "I care more about exp than winning" is an invalid one.

Also http://i.imgur.com/uUwm7MS.jpg   4 players winning the game, that's a good indicator of skill. One player can change the outcome of the match. Even though it's a teamgame, it doesn't mean one cannot pull the own team to victory. 

And if you're really serious about thinking that skill doesn't affect winrate, please look at the top page of wotlabs, tell me if you've seen any of those winrates on greens/yellows/etc.

"On the other hand, the abuse is often quite justified.  By stating that "it must suck to care about win rate", you've established that you don't value your performance.  You've made it clear that you care nothing for the people on your team.  Quite frankly, I find that attitude far more insulting than anything those players may have said to you. "

Not true.  I do value my performance.  My goals are just different than yours.  For you, the primary goal might be to win.  For me, the goal is to earn as much credits and xp as I can in a short amount of time, and yoloing on fast tanks is a fun and effective way to do that rather that be waiting around, trying to scrape a win out of every game and earning less over time.  A side benefit is that the lower stats make me less likely to be targeted by people who believe XVM, especially arty.  I don't believe that my play is negatively effecting on other players any more than their play is effecting mine.  15vs15 win rate is an extremely poor indicator of skill.  Smart and skilled players intersted in joining top clans can easily prove themselves in the short term and make long term stats irrelevant. 

My comment that you quoted was more along the line of thought that if losing causes someone this much rage, due to caring so much about winning or losing, maybe they aren't really playing for fun and are playing more to try to show off their fake worth to others.

Is it not viable to assume you would've made more credits and XP by in fact departing the cap and taking out the arty? Me thinks yes. So that argument doesn't equate.

Not true.  I do value my performance.  My goals are just different than yours.  For you, the primary goal might be to win.  For me, the goal is to earn as much credits and xp as I can in a short amount of time, and yoloing on fast tanks is a fun and effective way to do that rather that be waiting around, trying to scrape a win out of every game and earning less over time.  A side benefit is that the lower stats make me less likely to be targeted by people who believe XVM, especially arty.

In short, you play for yourself alone, despite this being a team game.  You may want to consider any of a number of fine single player games.  There, you can have your fun any way you wish, without detracting from the fun of others.

I also find it funny that you speak of showing off fake worth to others, in a thread where you're begging others to justify your actions and decry your adversaries.  This isn't the 4th grade girls cry room, Nancy.  

Not true.  I do value my performance.  My goals are just different than yours.  For you, the primary goal might be to win.  For me, the goal is to earn as much credits and xp as I can in a short amount of time, and yoloing on fast tanks is a fun and effective way to do that rather that be waiting around, trying to scrape a win out of every game and earning less over time.  

If you bothered to make winning your primary goal, you WILL end up making a lot more credits and exp. than just not caring and going for best credit/exp. to time ratio. You won't earn less over time if you just yolo. 3 shit games will get you the same amount of income as 1 one good one, and that good one might take 10 minutes. You'd rather spend 8 minutes on 3 bad games?