TriggrHPY

How do you study?

A little about me: I am currently a full time student majoring in Biology while also training to become an EMT. As you can imagine, I have a lot of studying to do and I was wondering what you guys/gals do (or did) to study? What worked, what didn't work ect.

My current study habits consist of copious amounts of trance/house mixes and flashcards.

And maybe some awesome anime soundtracks too :3

+1 upboat given purely for Spice and Wolf soundtrack mention.

XD thats the second upvote I've gotten simply for posting that song.

I bunker down in the quietest floor of the library abd put my phone on airplane mode and listen to music. Removing distractions is the hardest part of studying.

A combination of the textbook, midterms/exams from previous years, and test banks.

I set up "goals" like reading x ammount of pages or x ammount of topics in lets say 60 to 90 mins, after that i take a 15 to 30 min break, usually reading something not related to whatever im studying or play something. I love listening to either some progressive rock or slowtempo electronic music (Vocal trance playlists on 8tracks work miracles for me)while i study (Get yourself some headphones that can really block sound, at least i do get distracted quite easily). After im done studying i try to discuss it with friends  that i know that they got their shit together regarding studying or that is either ahead of my semester to check what i know  and where im lacking. Also, if you can find past ears exams thats awesome so you can get a general idea of how they ask stuff. 

Studying for me is a nocturnal task. I wake up at 2am or so, work/study until I go to class in the morning, sleep my ass off after class, rinse and repeat.

The best thing about studying late night is that nobody will be around to bother you, you have the whole world to yourself.

+1 upboat given purely for Spice and Wolf soundtrack mention.

XD thats the second upvote I've gotten simply for posting that song.

I think it was me the first time.

and I just did it again.

<#

OMG Wolf and Spice, I've been waiting over 4 Years since the day I finished the show for the third fucking season!!

Why won't they ever make one.....

tumblr_mlj27pPLl21qj80teo1_500.gif

BTW regarding how I study, I'm a Junior in Highschool and between balancing 4 AP classes, Calculus BC, Orchestra and Crosscountry, I can say that one the most important things I learned was that you have to prioritize. It all depends on which test is worth the most, and which is the least worth studying for.

As for the music I listen to in the background....it all depends, Sometimes Im all for 4 hours of Reggae, other times Im in the mood for some Touhou unplugged/remixes/piano music.

Two of my most favorite Touhou Unplugged remixes

OMG Wolf and Spice, I've been waiting over 4 Years since the day I finished the show for the third fucking season!!

Why won't they ever make one.....

tumblr_mlj27pPLl21qj80teo1_500.gif

BTW regarding how I study, I'm a Junior in Highschool and between balancing 4 AP classes, Calculus BC, Orchestra and Crosscountry, I can say that one the most important things I learned was that you have to prioritize. It all depends on which test is worth the most, and which is the least worth studying for.

As for the music I listen to in the background....it all depends, Sometimes Im all for 4 hours of Reggae, other times Im in the mood for some Touhou unplugged/remixes/piano music.

Could not agree more. I want my goddamn third season already. I have nearly gone insane, just look at my Spice and Wolf folder on Winamp:

flyJR.png

Spice and Wolf soundtrack = best soundtrack

I set up "goals" like reading x ammount of pages or x ammount of topics in lets say 60 to 90 mins, after that i take a 15 to 30 min break, usually reading something not related to whatever im studying or play something. I love listening to either some progressive rock or slowtempo electronic music (Vocal trance playlists on 8tracks work miracles for me)while i study (Get yourself some headphones that can really block sound, at least i do get distracted quite easily). After im done studying i try to discuss it with friends  that i know that they got their shit together regarding studying or that is either ahead of my semester to check what i know  and where im lacking. Also, if you can find past ears exams thats awesome so you can get a general idea of how they ask stuff. 

I usually try and set up goals too. I like that way of studying because it has built in breaks :D.

A little about me: I am currently a full time student majoring in Biology while also training to become an EMT. As you can imagine, I have a lot of studying to do and I was wondering what you guys/gals do (or did) to study? What worked, what didn't work ect.

My current study habits consist of copious amounts of trance/house mixes and flashcards.

Nice music 

I hate studying in general, I study for like 2 hours at most.

Yeah, I definitely just cram the night before each exam... usually I just listen to classical music and go over the notes for the class, take practice exams if they're available, and then go over homeworks/solutions for the problems that I have, well, problems with

I've got 40 pages of storyboarding  due soon that I've left far too late thanks to all the other classes (learning Dreamweaver, learning more about PS and Illustrator, raging at shitty polytech Mac's, distracted by Wotlabs and streams because home internet = shit and polytech internet = godlike) and it's a fine line between getting as many pages done every night as possible and having enough sleep to function in class the next day.

tl;dr - Don't start a design degree if you like sleeping

ps: Spice and Wolf underrated as hell, gotta love that medieval trading, wolf girl and soundtrack /o/

by Forgetting you have a Life, hunkering down in a place with no distractions (so, probably not my Bedroom then) and doing work. I am going to have to do a shit load of study over the next few weeks as well. my Externals coming up in november, and im still extremely shit at calculus.