Capn Greg

VK. 3002M (wat)

This tank is pretty close to getting me on the verge of pulling my hair out. I've been playing a lot of medium tanks recently in order to finish the Type 62 mission, which I'm pretty close to.
Earlier I had unlocked the 3002M and fiddled around with it a little bit. I remember back then thinking, "Hey, this tank has some reedeeming qualities."

Much time has past and I've found I do MUCH better playing flanking and brawling mediums or light tanks, and I've had a blast in the T-34-85 and Cromwell, hell, I don't even mind the T-43.

So a sale came up on the NA server and I thought, huh, now's a good time to buy back the 3002m for the challenge.

Dear lord.

Pen is marginally better than most medium tanks at its tier. It's dpm isn't quit there with the Crom. And it's mobility is horrifically sluggish. I don't feel like I'm getting a whole lot out of this tank's armor for how sluggishly it handles. In short, whereas I can pad like a baws in the Cromwell and the 34-85, this thing is like a vampire.

I've been told the tank plays a lot like the Tiger in the fact that it's a good sniping medium tank. Well, here I am, unsure of what to think.

Is this tank really as bad as I think? What am I doing wrong here? Anything I should do to improve my ability at using this thing?

It snipes, it tanks, it rams. It's a very good, very German tier VI med - don't expect it to be an overgrown LT.

Any replays I could take a look at?

I enjoyed it. I don't have time to upload replays right now but I'll try and upload some tomorrow.

vAphFI3.jpg

pls show me your panther godz skills. I suck at the panther and did okish with the proto-panther. The frontal plate is just paper and the tank is too big x_x with heavy-mediumish mobility. Enlighten me :D

I found it very hard to play in any way, 454 battles/183 wins/4kills in one game is my best with it. If you play german, get use to the wierd way they ballance german armor. If I knew what I know now then, I doubt I would have went down the german line asmuch as I did.

Your basically killing off the cripples, arty and scouts, if you survive the spawn+1 minute mark, anything else your just asking for return fire faster than you can move away. The 75mm is lacking, get use to engine fires with evey frontal shot you take, ammo rack seems to be almost a projectile magnet.turret gets stuck when hit half the time. Hellcats pretty much one shot you from any angle other then frontal with a angle shot.

Having 6th, everyone trained in camo, paint, net and optics makes it a lot better...

The rumor is, with 9.3 the engine fire problem wont be as bad as you'll only be stuck there with no transmission.

This is my first time uploading to this site so all the replays on my profile should be VK3002M

http://www.wotreplays.org/player/na/AR_15/m/*/mm/*/mt/*/p/1/pi/0/pp/1/s/*/sr/upload/vp/1

It's also worth noting that I have 39 battles in the tank but 47 replays of it, so I must have been hardcore wolf lyfing it up, so just disregard those if they are there :)

Thinking about some of the recent pushback against the GLD equipment, I am considering swapping said piece on my VKM for Vents.

Have been running it w/ GLD, Optics & Rammer since release. Ran the numbers, and wondered if the across-the-board benefits of vents might outweigh the sitting-still effectiveness of the GLD on the VKM.

Yea or nay?

Vents would be working in conjunction with trained BiA