Ham_

Special Common Test upcoming for Handbrake and Inertia [No ETA]

"tank motion physics – will be more realistic (taking intertia and others into account), tanks will have more inertia, will stop slower. Storm confirms the “handbrake” option to make sharp turns. Currently the development of the features is finished, they are testing it now. It’s possible there will be a special common test to test these options. No ETA on that."

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/24/storms-stream-qa/#more-17485

Sounds cool. I'm thinking RU251s or something doing sharp 180 degree turns to get away from tanks.

It almost seems like they're being influenced by WT. Tanks drift and have more inertia in that game. This is good, WG is adapting. Competition.

And I always felt that tanks stop too suddenly when you release the 'W' key. They should really have more inertia.

Sounds cool. I'm thinking RU251s or something doing sharp 180 degree turns to get away from tanks.

I'm picturing "arty drives out from behind building, hard turns 90 degrees, shotguns you in face"

If this really comes closer to WT tank handling it will make side scraping incredibly harder. Trying to sidescrape in WT is not that pleasant as having to brake all the time really becomes annoying. Makes rocking back and forth while trying for the angle you want very difficult.

WoT 0.9.4 Tokyo Drift? This is retarded.

Tanks stop pretty fast unless the ground has absolutely no traction. And they don't drift on an even surface like in that GuP vid x_x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC_7QipzA7E

WoT 0.9.4 Tokyo Drift? This is retarded.

Tanks stop pretty fast unless the ground has absolutely no traction. And they don't drift on an even surface like in that GuP vid x_x

Not exactly... >w>

But a little o3o

I don't like this idea. One thing I like about WoT is the simplicity in the game play. Like Othello, it takes a minute to learn but a lifetime to master. This isn't a tank simulation game, nor do I want a tank simulation game. I don't want to be thinking about how I am driving my tank, there is enough other stuff to consider without worrying about inertia and now a new handbrake button. If getting from point A to point B becomes onerous in any manner newcomers won't want to play the game. 

That said, if these new physics are implemented in the new rally game mode that would be cool and appropriate. 

I don't like this idea. One thing I like about WoT is the simplicity in the game play. Like Othello, it takes a minute to learn but a lifetime to master. This isn't a tank simulation game, nor do I want a tank simulation game. I don't want to be thinking about how I am driving my tank, there is enough other stuff to consider without worrying about inertia and now a new handbrake button. If getting from point A to point B becomes onerous in any manner newcomers won't want to play the game.

That said, if these new physics are implemented in the new rally game mode that would be cool and appropriate.

The tank will just feel heavier and there will just be one new button you could ignore if you want... I dont see how this is gamebreaking..

It will just drive a new autoaim reliance/requirement while you handbrake around in your LBBT or MTLB or whatever.

Tanks stop pretty fast unless the ground has absolutely no traction.

If you think those are good brakes, check out this Wiesel light tracked weapons carrier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rud4-CzWmA

It almost seems like they're being influenced by WT. Tanks drift and have more inertia in that game. This is good, WG is adapting. Competition.

And I always felt that tanks stop too suddenly when you release the 'W' key. They should really have more inertia.

They're slowly implementing things in WT and desperately trying yo apply as much lipstick to their pig engine in anticipation of WT competition. Seems like new physics will come along the same time as WT Beta, at which point they're gonna just hope their product stands the test of time.

They're slowly implementing things in WT and desperately trying yo apply as much lipstick to their pig engine in anticipation of WT competition. Seems like new physics will come along the same time as WT Beta, at which point they're gonna just hope their product stands the test of time.

Do not forget Armored Warfare's upcoming beta either, early next year. I think that game is a far bigger threat than WT as AW is copying the same arcade-ish style that made WoT successful, but improved it with a better engine, new content, and new features.

>logs into test server

"Did they implement new inertia mechanics in 9.3? This [medium] feels like it has heavily nerfed braking power. Wow it's pretty annoying and tedious trying to carefully work terrain hull down this way."

>ping at 800

"Oh"

The close/mid range precision required so much of the time in WoT could really be shitted up if they take inertia to the level of WT. 

- Sixth sense – there is a plan to make it a radioman feature (it activates when the radioman base skill reaches 100 percent – here I am not totally sure however, if it was “main skill” or “first perk”)

Oh come on. Now we're gonna actually need to heal our radio guy >_>

Implementing this sliding / sliping stuff is so stupid.... There 2 options:

1: It works, game stays the same (improvement will be like new explosions, nice for 2 days and then forgotten)

2: It doesnt work, one of the few flaweless things of this game (the driving) becomes also RNG dependant bs

Since i somehow think the chance is bigger they fuck it up as do it right, i can onyl conclude that it will be option 2, the game will become vastly more annoying....

``Never change a winning team`` also applies to game, never change / patch / update something that works, there 1001 things people complain about, and ``too short breaking`` is not one of those.... (yeah, the same category of players who want only historical tanks, complain tank X has 0.2 mm too much / little roof armor or an antenna 10 cm too tall....)

Well Chaffee Sport is like playing wot with GTAIV driving logic.

That to be said, its bad, and WG are probably going to implement it like that T_T