yoyoya2

m41 Walker Bulldog Appreciation Thread

Yes, I do know this, and that premium fire ext. can lower the chance for your tank to catch fire, but I'm positive QB or Circonflexes said in one of their videos, that scouts with autoloader have actually higher change to set tank on fire when shooting at the engine. Not arguing at all with you, just wanted someone confirm or deny this information.

Definitely not.  The only possible increase you might have in fires is from putting in more shots at once than a non-autoloading tank might.

Anyways, I got this tank last week, and decided to get the first gun upgrade first, then the engine second.  Should I have gone tracks + Autoloader over the engine?

Waiting for a 50% crew retraining discount to pop out soon. I'll be moving my old but tired Hellcat crew to this baby... hopefully it does not disappoint.

I think the minimum damage only really matters with autocannons. It was implemented to stop things like the Pz 1C from starting massive numbers of fires due to the high RoF and big magazines?

You're right, now I remember they were saying this while driving the Leopard (the low tier, german scout). I clearly didn't consider the difference between autocannon and autoloader. Thx for your comments, at least I can be 100% positive now, that the autoloader gun on M41 Bulldog have no addition benefit like this.(But still, it's helluva fun though :D)

Finally got Mastery Badge.

1711xp, 6 kills, 3.2k dmg

wRqKpar.png

B9TRJ74.png

erlenberg-usa-m41-walker-bulldog-4606292

Sadly the previous game was a 5k spotting draw.  You have to do the damage yourself if you want to win (and pad WN8).
prokhorovka-usa-m41-walker-bulldog-57252

Only 60 games in with this thing but really starting to enjoy it more and more after struggling with it at first.

Think the main problem I had was using it with the single shot gun and trying to play it like my T71 (one of my 3 most played tanks). It seems for my preferred play style of ambushing tanks the autoloader works much better.

Win rate, average XP and average damage have increased significantly since getting the autoloader. In fact I would love to know the exact average damage I have got since switching. It's got to be over 1.5k which is very good for my averageness and if memory serves it currently sits at 950.

I'm carrying 1 clip of HEAT for when I see a Maus or other armoured beast but haven't had to use it yet.

On the equipment front I've been using Vert Stabs, Optics and Binocs (for those few maps where I can abuse a bush) but may consider a switch to vents.

Last game of the evening yesterday I finally managed to get a 1st class at 1349 base XP, so it seems I have a fair way to go to get a Mastery, although I did manage to get the first MoE on it during this game - which was a welcome bonus.

I've had quite a few 1050-1100 games but not yet had that BIG one. I think my drive to be more consistent has meant I'm perhaps a bit too conservative in it.

i4IiBvA.jpg

Much praise for the tank, and EmbryonicJourney (I guess he goes by ChristopherHitchkens now) for playing the tank and showing me a couple spots on each map you can go and be useful/stay alive.

The Bulldog is a precision tool for a skilled operator. Clumsy or inept use will result in extreme dissatisfaction and early death.

The Bulldog is a precision tool for a skilled operator. Clumsy or inept use will result in extreme dissatisfaction and early death.

ZdhCrAg.jpg

Readied up the Bulldoggie the other night. Get Murovanka, North spawn, and I have some LIMBOners on the other side in Tier-VI scouts. Countdown is done, "W" is smashed, and I head West. I meet my soldiers in the cleavage, clip them both out within the first 60 seconds without stopping, and proceed to rack up 3k damage with 236 HP left.

This fucking thing is so good.

Waiting for a 50% crew retraining discount to pop out soon. I'll be moving my old but tired Hellcat crew to this baby... hopefully it does not disappoint.

Same situation; I've just unlocked the Bulldog -- pondering moving up the T37 or moving over my [Hellcat|T67|M8A1] crew

My goodness, got this tank since today. Free XPed to the autoloader since the T37 gun is a bit underwhelming on this thing. Man, I love shredding Stalin tanks apart from behind, and finally got a tank in which I can contribute to my clan's 7v7 games.

Sold my T37 and moved its crew to the Bulldog, kept my Chaffee for  low tier fun.

Bloody nice tank to drive.

Skipped the autolader,but still find the top gun quite good.

Can't wait to grind up the T49.

Hi all,

I usually play a new tank alone to get the hang of it before committing it to platoon. I was at a disappointing 50% over 26 games, playing it as a regular scout.

From that point, a friend and I started platooning together in the Bulldog and it changed everything. With TeamSpeak on, we play hunter/killer mode. One will take the spotter position and the other one the initial shooter position. Once the shooter is spotted and have to fall back to safe position, the spotter takes over the shooting. We also target in priority stray tanks and LT.

More recent session of 10 games was 70% winrate with a significant number having us both in the top five XP earners. We're using the autoloader gun.

HIH.

Hi all,

I usually play a new tank alone to get the hang of it before committing it to platoon. I was at a disappointing 50% over 26 games, playing it as a regular scout.

From that point, a friend and I started platooning together in the Bulldog and it changed everything. With TeamSpeak on, we play hunter/killer mode. One will take the spotter position and the other one the initial shooter position. Once the shooter is spotted and have to fall back to safe position, the spotter takes over the shooting. We also target in priority stray tanks and LT.

More recent session of 10 games was 70% winrate with a significant number having us both in the top five XP earners. We're using the autoloader gun.

HIH.

I use pubbies for spotting when solo playing my M41. :P It's also the only LT above tier 5 I like to solo play with. It's pure sex to drive: handles like a sportscar, shoots like a laser, and cloaks like it's a Star Trek antagonist. 

Incidentally, platooning with multiple E-25's is why it got removed. Inc Walker Bulldog nerf? :(

I really don't get it.

I was very comfortable in the 1375, and did well in it.

What is so different about the bulldog that I've been playing it with such mediocrity?

Bulldog (1375)

Kills: .71 (.91)

Damage: 900 (1140)

Survival: 11% (27%)

Wins: 53% (60%)

Are they supposed to be played differently?  

9.5 Supertest Patch notes:

- some light tanks rebalanced: M41 and T37 nerf, T21, 59-16, WZ-131, WZ-132, МТ-25, Т-54 Обл., Т71, Auf. Panther. buff

Noooooooooooooo!!!!

(Buffing the other light tanks looks good, but I hope they don't hit the new US lights too hard)

9.5 Supertest Patch notes:

Noooooooooooooo!!!!

(Buffing the other light tanks looks good, but I hope they don't hit the new US lights too hard)

T71 buff oooh, I always loved the looks of the T71 compared to the M41 :)