sela

[0.9.17.1] sela's mods - v9.17.1.2 released 26/03/2017

One problem I noticed is the WZ-120 is just "WZ-12" in game.

I'm at work so I can't tell you exactly where unfortunately, but if you can't stand waiting until sela posts a fix, there is a file buried in the xvm folder somewhere that contains the vehicle names it uses in game. You can just edit that file to fix it. It also might be in the shared resources folder instead of the xvm one. I can tell you exactly where when I get home later if sela hasn't fixed it already by then.

Open reloading.json in res_mods\configs\PFMods\ with a text editor like Notepad++ and edit line 5 from "true" to "false" (don't delete the comma either).

Great.  Thanks.  I thought "extcounter" might be the entry to change, but I wasn't sure.

I like the change to just a time readout rather than the swirling icon over the top.  Less clutter.   

Edited by Griphos

Su 152 comes up as 142.

Hoping for Meltys Green....

Guys, if you use the mod pack you would certainly buy him a bourbon if you where able to for the effort.  Instead, contribute to him at twitch, its worth a few bucks to not have to use the shitty WG UI.

Su 152 comes up as 142.

Hoping for Meltys Green....

Guys, if you use the mod pack you would certainly buy him a bourbon if you where able to for the effort.  Instead, contribute to him at twitch, its worth a few bucks to not have to use the shitty WG UI.

I'm at work so I can't tell you exactly where unfortunately, but if you can't stand waiting until sela posts a fix, there is a file buried in the xvm folder somewhere that contains the vehicle names it uses in game. You can just edit that file to fix it. It also might be in the shared resources folder instead of the xvm one. I can tell you exactly where when I get home later if sela hasn't fixed it already by then.

Updated vehicleNames.xc soon™™

Great.  Thanks.  I thought "extcounter" might be the entry to change, but I wasn't sure.

I like the change to just a time readout rather than the swirling icon over the top.  Less clutter.   

OTM reload is mainly dependent on which versions I can find. The version I posted this time is better, I agree, but it is a more complicated mod than Walhalla's and isn't always ready for a new patch. 

res_mods/configs/xvm/sela/vehicleNames.xc  

Just edit that file with notepad or something and fix the broken ones, which seem to be WZ-120 and ISU/SU-152. Can't remember which one was busted.

Clean install of client every patch (remember to get rid of folder in appdata) and clean install of mods = no problems.

wow, getting like 50 fps and loading into battle before the countdown starts...with the vanilla client.

its possible that my computer isn't buff enough for sela pack, because this is a big improvement.

Edited by weesh

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this....

When my battle loading screen comes up, my left (allies) is vanilla (no xvm) while my right side is fully populated. Using Selas mod pack (as I have for months) I tried multiple things including deleting res mods and loading a vanilla version of xvm (no change), looked at the .xc files looking for anomalies between the two sides in the html, nothing. Finally decided to uninstall game and reinstall fresh version, uploaded Selas again and same thing?  Out of ideas and its not a huge thing, I have ally xvm when I get ingame in players panel but my OCD is kicking in and this will bug me till they start throwing dirt on my dead rotting carcass.....

On some earlier posts regarding vehicle names, I like to customize my setup so one of those is I like the original veh names coming up so rather than changing everything vehicle to "null" (short name and long name), I load the vanilla vehicle.xc from xvm's latest and that way you know you have all the latest tanks. One other that I do is the colors.xc as I like using xvm's color scheme. Kudos to Sela, your mods are great and I hope you take no offense to my changing a few things. I like to tinker and figure things out but the above battle loading has me stumped!

Edited by TuckerT

Battle loading not working is due to lag time retrieving settings so unless you have a shit PC that takes forever to load a game its not going to work.

I know that Melty's is fucked up in the pack but I forgot to add the new swf files so that should be fixed in the next update along with the tank names (Wz120, etc).

Should not be any freezing or CTDs unless you are platooning in the steel rain domination mode thingy

Battle loading not working is due to lag time retrieving settings so unless you have a shit PC that takes forever to load a game its not going to work.

I know that Melty's is fucked up in the pack but I forgot to add the new swf files so that should be fixed in the next update along with the tank names (Wz120, etc).

Should not be any freezing or CTDs unless you are platooning in the steel rain domination mode thingy

Thanks Sela. Have had no ctd's and it's working just fine as far as I am concerned. 

Here's a screenshot of my battle loading screen. It looks like the left side (Allies) is missing the fields which populate with xvm info while the right side has them and is waiting for data. Couple seconds more and the right side populates while the left doesn't change. You are probably right with the lag time but I wanted to show you what it looks like to be sure. Thanks for your time and effort, this noob really appreciates it. I know my rig is getting old (HP DV7 with Phenom quad core, 8 gb ram) and that running a laptop on wireless is not ideal but hopefully that lottomax ticket comes through tonight :D  I hope the picture is ok, I had to keep making it smaller to get it under the .49 meg restriction

shot_001.thumb.jpg.59773608a457f2725b615

I actually seem to be getting some issue like this as well. Just on the battle loading screen. Enemy team looks as it should, but my team is all messed up. I get no stats, and the tank tier and the tank type icons show up even though I have both those disabled. It's like the players side of the battle loading screen isn't pulling from the xvm config at all, but then the enemy team works just fine so I figure that rules out a typo in the battleLoading.xc file. This one is pretty interesting, and I don't really have any other ideas as to where to look.

I figure the fact that I don't have a Russian comrade box for a PC and the fact that I've never had issues like this before rules out my PC being a laggy piece of shit.

Edited by Sipher351

Since Locastan is no longer going to continue modding, where in the modpack can I find the files just for the minimap features. Or is everything based on XVM minimap in this modpack?

So, I guess I wait for pack update to fix my melty's, lol, other then that everything else seems fine. 

I noticed that the server side reticle feature of PMOD makes reference to a crosshair file (.dds) that doesn't exist in the pack (gui/maps/ingame/aim/gun_marker_blue.dds).  I found one in an old pack and created the folders and now it works.  

I wish someone would do a stand alone server-side mod.  That's all I use PMOD for.  I always disable everything else. 

So, I guess I wait for pack update to fix my melty's, lol, other then that everything else seems fine. 

I'm not entirely sure about this but I think that the directional arrows are also messed up (the green/purple/red arrows that indicate a target's direction from your perspective). I think I've noticed that they don't appear, even though enemy tanks are lit or are in line of sight. Sometimes they appear, and sometimes they do not.

Melty's sights aren't showing a reload timer so I've switched to Jimbos for the time being, but the arrows that I described above seem to be messed up.

waiting on working reload counter for melty's, and green if possible ;D

i dl'd another melty's supposedly fixed for 9.10 and it just freezes my game @ battle loading

I'm having trouble with the zoom settings.

When I first put on jimbo's site from the alt files, clicking on sniper view didnt seem to do anything, the view looked exactly the same.  But I was in sniper view I just had to scroll out....but half the time I couldnt remember if I had done so yet and wasted time scrolling for nothing.  

So then I installed the "remember last zoom level" alt and now its just as it says, whatever it was last, which is ok if I left off with a reasonble zoom, but if I was zoomed way in then entering sniper view was crazy and again left me wasting time adjusting things instead of aiming.

So how can I use Jimbo's, but still have the default like the vanilla game has?  As in, entering sniper is to a mid level zoom the same all the time?

Thanks for the answer and thanks for the hard work Sela.

Update Notes v9.10.2 06/09/2015:

• Updated XVM to stable release v6.1.4
  • vehicleNames.xc updated, fixed name issues and optimized for 5-character-max length
  • Updated PMoD to v18-1
  • Added Battle Assistant
  • Added alternate OTM reload version (ZJ)
  • Updated session stat config with proper WN8/WR value colors
  • Updated Melty's Blue with correct swf files
  • As always, please report any crashes or other issues!

Here's a screenshot of my battle loading screen. It looks like the left side (Allies) is missing the fields which populate with xvm info while the right side has them and is waiting for data. Couple seconds more and the right side populates while the left doesn't change. You are probably right with the lag time but I wanted to show you what it looks like to be sure. Thanks for your time and effort, this noob really appreciates it. I know my rig is getting old (HP DV7 with Phenom quad core, 8 gb ram) and that running a laptop on wireless is not ideal but hopefully that lottomax ticket comes through tonight :D  I hope the picture is ok, I had to keep making it smaller to get it under the .49 meg restriction

shot_001.thumb.jpg.59773608a457f2725b615

Try the new pack, XVM has updated to v6.1.4

I actually seem to be getting some issue like this as well. Just on the battle loading screen. Enemy team looks as it should, but my team is all messed up. I get no stats, and the tank tier and the tank type icons show up even though I have both those disabled. It's like the players side of the battle loading screen isn't pulling from the xvm config at all, but then the enemy team works just fine so I figure that rules out a typo in the battleLoading.xc file. This one is pretty interesting, and I don't really have any other ideas as to where to look.

I figure the fact that I don't have a Russian comrade box for a PC and the fact that I've never had issues like this before rules out my PC being a laggy piece of shit.

Try the new pack, XVM has updated to v6.1.4

Since Locastan is no longer going to continue modding, where in the modpack can I find the files just for the minimap features. Or is everything based on XVM minimap in this modpack?

I am using XVM minimap in my modpack as it has all the features that I am looking for.

New update

I noticed that the server side reticle feature of PMOD makes reference to a crosshair file (.dds) that doesn't exist in the pack (gui/maps/ingame/aim/gun_marker_blue.dds).  I found one in an old pack and created the folders and now it works.  

I wish someone would do a stand alone server-side mod.  That's all I use PMOD for.  I always disable everything else. 

This in the pack already - res_mods\0.9.10\gui\maps\ingame\aim\gun_marker_blue.dds. You are welcome to edit PMoD yourself as it really isn't too hard to edit.

I'm not entirely sure about this but I think that the directional arrows are also messed up (the green/purple/red arrows that indicate a target's direction from your perspective). I think I've noticed that they don't appear, even though enemy tanks are lit or are in line of sight. Sometimes they appear, and sometimes they do not.

Melty's sights aren't showing a reload timer so I've switched to Jimbos for the time being, but the arrows that I described above seem to be messed up.

I'm not sure that I've noticed this, I'll keep an eye out, I think it's due to the distance to the target as well as the direction you are looking. 

Is there any way to disable XVM without redownloading client?

Disable XVM on their website

waiting on working reload counter for melty's, and green if possible ;D

i dl'd another melty's supposedly fixed for 9.10 and it just freezes my game @ battle loading

No ETA on green, I don't have a reliable source for it really. 

I'm having trouble with the zoom settings.

When I first put on jimbo's site from the alt files, clicking on sniper view didnt seem to do anything, the view looked exactly the same.  But I was in sniper view I just had to scroll out....but half the time I couldnt remember if I had done so yet and wasted time scrolling for nothing.  

So then I installed the "remember last zoom level" alt and now its just as it says, whatever it was last, which is ok if I left off with a reasonble zoom, but if I was zoomed way in then entering sniper view was crazy and again left me wasting time adjusting things instead of aiming.

So how can I use Jimbo's, but still have the default like the vanilla game has?  As in, entering sniper is to a mid level zoom the same all the time?

Thanks for the answer and thanks for the hard work Sela.

Go to "..\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.10\scripts\client\gui\mods\mod_pmod" and open defaultZoom.json with a text editor like Notepad++ (do not use regular Notepad) and change "defaultZoomValue" to whatever magnification level you want - I have it set to "1" but you can use 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.