TO TURN OFF THE IGR HANGAR:

1. Go to "C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.11\scripts\client\gui\"

2. Delete "ClientHangarSpace.pyc"

from the included readme:

TO TURN OFF THE IGR HANGAR:

1. Go to "C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.11\scripts\client\gui\"

2. Delete "ClientHangarSpace.pyc"

Thanks pravdy

Sela, you need some kind of macro for "RTFM". Take it from a fellow mod(d)(pack)er. People need to be reminded to read the fucking manual a lot.

Sela, you need some kind of macro for "RTFM". Take it from a fellow mod(d)(pack)er. People need to be reminded to read the fucking manual a lot.

Amen. This isn't my q&a thread though and from working in IT I do understand that most people are technologically retarded.

I've seen some mod packs that come with an installer, allowing you to (un)check a few options without having to mess about with config files. All very shiny and noob friendly. But that's probably a LOT more work than answering a few questions now and then. =D

I've seen some mod packs that come with an installer, allowing you to (un)check a few options without having to mess about with config files. All very shiny and noob friendly. But that's probably a LOT more work than answering a few questions now and then. =D

Yes. I found someone making one on the official boards, so maybe I can see about using his.

:P small contribution to the pack : http://www.mediafire.com/download/45aztaw0gcvlvbt/0.8.11.zip

iKtrAZo.jpg?1

(edited from locastan's colored msg)

Hehehe, I may have to use this :)

Yes. I found someone making one on the official boards, so maybe I can see about using his.

And you trust that not to be a bot that sends your username/pass back to the creator?

I wouldn't want to use an installer for this very reason. I do not trust them.

Once the enemy is no longer spotted it is too light for my taste. I can hardly see it on my minimap.  Could you tell me where to edit that so I can change it to another color?  I am using the version with the xvm minimap.  Thanks and sorry to bother you...

Once the enemy is no longer spotted it is too light for my taste. I can hardly see it on my minimap.  Could you tell me where to edit that so I can change it to another color?  I am using the version with the xvm minimap.  Thanks and sorry to bother you...

Open minimapLabels.xc in "C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\xvm\configs\sela" and edit the color tag for lines 54 through 57 (there are two per line).

Open minimapLabels.xc in "C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\xvm\configs\sela" and edit the color tag for lines 54 through 57 (there are two per line).

Awesome!  Thanks again.

What do we do if we want to keep Dynamic Camera turned on?? I like the smoothness of on the move sniper view and what not :P Didn't see anything in the Readme about it, or is it as simple as just keeping it clicked in the Settings?

What do we do if we want to keep Dynamic Camera turned on?? I like the smoothness of on the move sniper view and what not :P Didn't see anything in the Readme about it, or is it as simple as just keeping it clicked in the Settings?

I can tell you how to edit your avatar_input_handler.XML file. Or you can download another Melty's and change the first 20-25 lines about dynamic camera yourself.

And you trust that not to be a bot that sends your username/pass back to the creator?

I wouldn't want to use an installer for this very reason. I do not trust them.

Then why do you trust the mods? Most of the mods are code that run in the context of wot. It can do anything that the installer can do.

Thanks man, I guessed that might work and put my old avatar_ih back in, and seems to have worked. Thanks!

I saw on your stream that those enemy FOVs are a bit glitchy: showing up with a bit of a delay and sometimes warping to the center of the mini-map when things get de-spotted. A shame really, it sounded so nice in theory.

For those who dislike the slightly off magnification in sniper mode:

I set my zoomx.xml to two zooms: 2 and 8.  With a FoV of 110 this was giving me off numbers in sniper, like 1.92 and 7.65 or something.  just divide the zoom you want by what is showing up, i.e. 8.00/7.65  = 1.046.  this means the zoom is too small by 4.6%.  adjust the numbers in your zoomx.xml file by 4.6% in this example, i.e. for my two zooms i calculate the new ones: 8 x 1.046 = 8.368 and 2 x 1.046 =2.092.  this might give you something one hundredth off, just tweak the hundredths or thousandths in the xml file.

changing the fov values in a_i_h also controls this, but i find it easier to set the fov you want then change the zoom numbers.  i imagine this problem is rooted in a constant int he python scripts for the mod, before they only had to deal with one fov now they have to write the relationship as a function of fov.

Thanks man, I guessed that might work and put my old avatar_ih back in, and seems to have worked. Thanks!

No problem!

I saw on your stream that those enemy FOVs are a bit glitchy: showing up with a bit of a delay and sometimes warping to the center of the mini-map when things get de-spotted. A shame really, it sounded so nice in theory.

They're a little glitchy but I think someone has to see the tank in order to see the fov.

For those who dislike the slightly off magnification in sniper mode:

I set my zoomx.xml to two zooms: 2 and 8.  With a FoV of 110 this was giving me off numbers in sniper, like 1.92 and 7.65 or something.  just divide the zoom you want by what is showing up, i.e. 8.00/7.65  = 1.046.  this means the zoom is too small by 4.6%.  adjust the numbers in your zoomx.xml file by 4.6% in this example, i.e. for my two zooms i calculate the new ones: 8 x 1.046 = 8.368 and 2 x 1.046 =2.092.  this might give you something one hundredth off, just tweak the hundredths or thousandths in the xml file.

changing the fov values in a_i_h also controls this, but i find it easier to set the fov you want then change the zoom numbers.  i imagine this problem is rooted in a constant int he python scripts for the mod, before they only had to deal with one fov now they have to write the relationship as a function of fov.

I will try that tonight!

Sela, very happy with the MOD.  It's taken a little time to get used to some of the changes (coming from Roughnecks).

Is there a 'Key' for the minimap icons.  I haven't figured out what the the pink clover and other different icons indicate.

Sela, very happy with the MOD.  It's taken a little time to get used to some of the changes (coming from Roughnecks).

Is there a 'Key' for the minimap icons.  I haven't figured out what the the pink clover and other different icons indicate.

I'm not sure I know what you're referring to? Can you post a ss please?

Oh thank you very much.

NP!

Which minimap has been used in the previous versions? I am a scrub as you can see and I just want to keep using the old one.