Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

Spammed light tanks in their final hour, can't be honored to have this as a final battle. Full pen the ass of a gold-spamming SU-122, knock out both their arty, then work with arty to kite a KV-5 since I was at such low health for the win.

kGKx43k.jpg
OIJ2sZk.jpg

tbh this tank is the least affected by the changes, since the 152mm is viable because lolHE.

i've been playing it the last couple of days, trying to do lt15-3, crippled my wr :D

but managed to pull up with a couple of decent games

http://wotreplays.com/site/3512822#prokhorovka-volim_velike_sise-t49

http://wotreplays.com/site/3512198#sand_river-volim_velike_sise-t49

http://wotreplays.com/site/3505741#paris-volim_velike_sise-t49

So I picked up this little monster (cancerwagon? I called it :doge: ) on sale last weekend and got it fully researched before the patch last night. I got to play around 10 battles with the derp before heading to bed and awaiting the patch, and while there was a significant lol factor to it, I can't say I enjoyed it too much because of the randomness. However, this patch the 90mm got a nice buff, both to gun handling and dpm. I have rammer/vstab/optics with Cola and my reload is 4.95 seconds. The APCR round has pretty good shell velocity and decent pen of 212. Combine that with the speed, camo, gun handling, and gun depression, and this tank is absolutely amazing to pub with all the lights running around.

9 hours ago, volim_velike_sise said:

it hasn't lost it's 152?

Nope

Also if you run the 152mm, this tank got straight-up buffed. More HP, VR, better acceleration, while keeping everything else about the gun pretty much the same

I've been playing it with the 90mm and I can't honestly see a reason to use the 152mm aside from screwing with other light tanks. Having 3k DPM and the gun handling/penetration to back it up is just insane, and you can circlejerk heavies so easily you don't even have to think about it. 3k dmg games have become the norm for me in it, while I was only averaging 1400 before the update. This tank just shits all over the Ru 251 IMO. 

3 hours ago, Gatortribe said:

I've been playing it with the 90mm and I can't honestly see a reason to use the 152mm aside from screwing with other light tanks. Having 3k DPM and the gun handling/penetration to back it up is just insane, and you can circlejerk heavies so easily you don't even have to think about it. 3k dmg games have become the norm for me in it, while I was only averaging 1400 before the update. This tank just shits all over the Ru 251 IMO. 

^

32 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Sadly, having tested the 152mm on both the T49 and the Sheridan, the standard guns are both better.

The only merit of the 152 right now is the sheer amount of light tanks running around. Even then, when an enemy T49 decides to yolo me with the 152 I typically will come out on top because 90mm HE works really well against them (and it has 4.1k DPM).

90mm T49 is why I sold the RU251: If I want something like the old RU, I'll play the 90mm. Want the HE shenanigans, play the 152mm. 1 tank, twice the utility

(that said... the 90mm is certainly the better gun, and I LOVE that WG made both viable on the T49)

4 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

90mm T49 is why I sold the RU251: If I want something like the old RU, I'll play the 90mm. Want the HE shenanigans, play the 152mm. 1 tank, twice the utility

(that said... the 90mm is certainly the better gun, and I LOVE that WG made both viable on the T49)

Well in this patch the RU251 really lost its niche. The HEP is about all its got going for it. The 1390 crushes all these 90mm toting LTs in the firepower dept. 152mm T49 is kind of a bad tank in this very LT heavy post patch though, so I expect I'll try it out in a few weeks and see what a more normalized team composition yields

3 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Well in this patch the RU251 really lost its niche. The HEP is about all its got going for it. The 1390 crushes all these 90mm toting LTs in the firepower dept. 152mm T49 is kind of a bad tank in this very LT heavy post patch though, so I expect I'll try it out in a few weeks and see what a more normalized team composition yields

Wait til you get your hands on the HEP the Rhm Pzw has w/ 120mm pen. Its quite nice!

6 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Wait til you get your hands on the HEP the Rhm Pzw has w/ 120mm pen. Its quite nice!

Too bad that and the accuracy and speed are all it has going against the Sheridan :doge:

Holy shit the 90mm is amazing. I love the derp but said I would give it a go, first game, 750 damage. Second game, 4k damage, third game, 5k damage.. Games like that are few and far between for me with the derp. I swapped gld for rammer and with my 5 skill crew I have around 5 second reload.. The DPM of this is amazing. Sad day to see both the vk derp remived and the t49 derp shelved... Will keep for dome derpiness stress relief fun

On 5/2/2017 at 4:53 AM, Copeyhagen said:

Holy shit the 90mm is amazing. I love the derp but said I would give it a go, first game, 750 damage. Second game, 4k damage, third game, 5k damage.. Games like that are few and far between for me with the derp. I swapped gld for rammer and with my 5 skill crew I have around 5 second reload.. The DPM of this is amazing. Sad day to see both the vk derp remived and the t49 derp shelved... Will keep for dome derpiness stress relief fun

Yeah, the 90 is unquestionably the better gun, but you definitely lose that lulz fun of the derp.  I kept the derp around as I plan to switch back to it from time-to-time.

I wish they had given a slight buff to the bloom on turret traverse for the derp, but the buff to bloom on move still helped a lot. much easier to crest a hill or poke a corner and blap someone, so long as you have the turret more-or-less preaimed.

Still the best tank in the game.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3624497#siegfried_line-dualmaster333-t49

@CraBeatOff You will enjoy this. GOFAST and ALL......THE.......BUTTS

I wonder how much this tank improved is because of the gun or the new MM - being in tier 9 battles half the time with most tanks being tier 8 and 7 is borderline seal clubbing. Can this be separated (i.e. winrate in tier 9 vs in tier 10)?

1 hour ago, graukatze said:

I wonder how much this tank improved is because of the gun or the new MM - being in tier 9 battles half the time with most tanks being tier 8 and 7 is borderline seal clubbing. Can this be separated (i.e. winrate in tier 9 vs in tier 10)?

For me, it's the dispersion, hitpoints  and the hp/t. It's just so much faster.

So as all the tryhard fgts talk about what flavor of the month tier 10 they will be putting their improved equipment on, I think it is worth a discussion about what to put on the ACTUAL best tank in the game. Improved equipment should be a significant boon for the T49 since any buff to the gun handling vastly increases its power. Looking at the important stats on tanks.gg:

QhM1pVZ.png

Left column is current T49 with VStab, GLD, and Optics and a pimped crew. Middle column is with iVstab, iGLD, iOptics. Third column is replacing the iOptics with iVents. You still keep 470 view range which is pretty strong and get all the other benefits of 7.5% improved crew skills. I'll have to think about it - 500+ view range is still pretty awesome for lighting things up, but improving that gun handling even more is pretty nice too.

Then we'll have to figure out what directives to run. Some good options seem to be VStab boost, Snap Shot boost, or 10% bonus camo. The bonus camo seems really good, but doubling snap shot would be pretty sweet as well. It could get you to sub .20 turret dispersion.

Also, since boys and girls can play nice in tanks now, I'm going to swap my 3.9 skill commander dude for the 4.8 skill lady Patton commander. BIA+Sixth+Camo+SA+Recon!