Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

Can confirm that 4.8 skills commander is key. I carry 508 VR on my T49 because crew is 85% on 5th skills. I've been tempted to put ladies in it, but really 5 is actually enough, my decisions in game matter more than anything. 

Buffing the T49 is indeed the only reason I've kept open the option of playing ranked battles. I am perfectly fine grinding a bit simply to make the dream/meme machine buzz even better. Seeing that above, I'd think you might just want iVstab, iOptics and iVents. You'd lose some gun handling from the GLD, but we've been making 2.91 work for years now, moving to 3.1 with a 0.02 better final accuracy and crazy low dispersion values might be workable. You're still never going to get aim-time down to the point where you're trying to snap...the key is just not to miss medium sized windows, or so that you don't have to sit too long and get dapped by arty. 

So I can see rocking 3.1 aimtime being worth 520 VR and 0.52 accuracy...I guess bonds won't come sufficiently quickly to A/B test without some coordination.

Also, 152mm > 90mm

Topic jump! Some evidence of 152mm superiority, platooning dual T49s with none other than the @dualmaster333!

http://wotreplays.com/site/3625840#swamp-crabeatoff-t49

http://wotreplays.com/site/3625866#lakeville-crabeatoff-t49

http://wotreplays.com/site/3625870#redshire-crabeatoff-t49

http://wotreplays.com/site/3625876#overlord-crabeatoff-t49

http://wotreplays.com/site/3625883#sand_river-crabeatoff-t49

The third, on Redshire is prob the most informative in terms of how to win a game without actually doing damage, just a little vision control and reading the map, showing your team what to do. I of course like damage, but there are other ways to influence. Dual and I win a little over 70% when duoing T49s in their buffed state, in part because the tank is good, in part because we both tend to play to control the map, the vision, and for the absolute lulz of shooting people for big numbers. If you all ask nice, he might post his replays of these same or perhaps better games. 

This is what plays in both my mind and my ears when I am dunking bitches with the T49

Would you believe me when I do you
You're the queen of my heart
Please don't deceive me when I hurt you
Just ain't the way it seems

Can you feel my love buzz?

On 2.06.2017 at 9:00 PM, dualmaster333 said:

So as all the tryhard fgts talk about what flavor of the month tier 10 they will be putting their improved equipment on, I think it is worth a discussion about what to put on the ACTUAL best tank in the game. Improved equipment should be a significant boon for the T49 since any buff to the gun handling vastly increases its power. Looking at the important stats on tanks.gg:

QhM1pVZ.png

Left column is current T49 with VStab, GLD, and Optics and a pimped crew. Middle column is with iVstab, iGLD, iOptics. Third column is replacing the iOptics with iVents. You still keep 470 view range which is pretty strong and get all the other benefits of 7.5% improved crew skills. I'll have to think about it - 500+ view range is still pretty awesome for lighting things up, but improving that gun handling even more is pretty nice too.

Then we'll have to figure out what directives to run. Some good options seem to be VStab boost, Snap Shot boost, or 10% bonus camo. The bonus camo seems really good, but doubling snap shot would be pretty sweet as well. It could get you to sub .20 turret dispersion.

Also, since boys and girls can play nice in tanks now, I'm going to swap my 3.9 skill commander dude for the 4.8 skill lady Patton commander. BIA+Sixth+Camo+SA+Recon!

10% bonus to camo? Jesus this will be broken. Though 10% camo is better for t100lt. 

The camo directive will be sweet but it is also the most expensive at 12 bonds per game. For half that price you can get the Vert stab improvement which is half the cost. With the iVStab that should give a 30% bloom reduction which is pure beauty. The real question that remains is how available will the currency be? Can we afford to run these all the time on the BestTankInTheGame?

4 hours ago, DracoArgentum said:

So I come back to the game and find there are now two LTs with 152mm of freedom. Do you guys thing the Sheri is an upgrade as a derp of just get the T49 and stick with that?

The Sheridan152 is pretty bad. While you technically get some benefits in terms of gun handling and ROF, the boosts are not nearly enough to make up for tier 10 MM and a hull that is the size of a large ship. My recommendation is to save 6 million credits and stick with the T49!

16 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

The Sheridan152 is pretty bad. While you technically get some benefits in terms of gun handling and ROF, the boosts are not nearly enough to make up for tier 10 MM and a hull that is the size of a large ship. My recommendation is to save 6 million credits and stick with the T49!

Thanks! I was hoping you'd say that, 6mill credits goes a long way.

One of the extremely minor but amusing to ponder drawbacks of the T49 moving from 8 to 9 is that I can no longer hold credit neutral or slight profits using small kits and full price cola. However the net loss is very small, something around 2k credits per game from what I've been tracking. That means that if they never buff and thus I never buy the Sheridan, then I can have 3,000 games of fun with those 6mil credits. Of course half price cola and kits means I'm back to positive!

On 6/11/2017 at 0:46 PM, CraBeatOff said:

One of the extremely minor but amusing to ponder drawbacks of the T49 moving from 8 to 9 is that I can no longer hold credit neutral or slight profits using small kits and full price cola. However the net loss is very small, something around 2k credits per game from what I've been tracking. That means that if they never buff and thus I never buy the Sheridan, then I can have 3,000 games of fun with those 6mil credits. Of course half price cola and kits means I'm back to positive!

Reg HE and HEAT loadout? Edit:  Yes, apparently, as I went back through the thread a bit...  Thinking on swapping my equip to... and you just quoted me, so I'll respond there.

I've been using mine as a credit sink, since it was top tier as an VIII, played with the 90mm a bit as a IX, and then went back to full SPremHE + Cola.  I never had good results from the HEAT, pre or post tier changes.

Edited by Errants

17 minutes ago, Errants said:

Reg HE and HEAT loadout?

I've been using mine as a credit sink, since it was top tier as an VIII, played with the 90mm a bit as a IX, and then went back to full SPremHE + Cola.  I never had good results from the HEAT, pre or post tier changes.

Always 152mm, 18 regular HE 4 HEAT. The SPrem HE does more on splashes, but its not even worth the extra cost. HEAT is a bit hard to use, but very very valueable when you can utilize it. Its mostly for German slabs, but can be used on Russia and China sides and decks and British TD ass for bigger than the 300-400 non pen HE hits. 

Just now, CraBeatOff said:

Always 152mm, 18 regular HE 4 HEAT. The SPrem HE does more on splashes, but its not even worth the extra cost. HEAT is a bit hard to use, but very very valueable when you can utilize it. Its mostly for German slabs, but can be used on Russia and China sides and decks and British TD ass for bigger than the 300-400 non pen HE hits. 

Gotcha, may have to swap back... I'd been enjoying the better results (to me) of auto-aimed PremHE on lights.  Thinking I should also swap my equip to VStab/Optics/Vents from the current VStab/Rammer/Vents...  Appreciate the advice in thread.  Love my T49, and doubt it's going anywhere, even though I've got the Sheridan unlocked as of this weekend.

I've been running the same setup as Crab. I don't think I've ever used all my HEAT rounds, but I don't think I've ever run out of HE shells either. I think there was a calculation done at some point about how much additional damage the premium HE shells do. It was pretty minor. I'd rather do a little less damage and be profitable. And let's be honest....we all really only play this for the HE pens so who cares if you splash a little more.

Yessh, never realized, 7x the cost for 1.5m larger splash radius, and 9mm more pen...  Ew.  RIP that.

Also running some set-ups on Tanks.gg currently...  Thinking the merits of iVents/iVStab/iOptics versus Dual's dropping of an iGLD in there...  I'd like to see how much of a difference the GLD makes, as I've taken them off of nearly all of my tanks, usually in favor of Vents.

Whelp, out of the 4 equipment choices, no iGLD means 0.39 sec slower aimtime (3.13 vs 2.74), but 51.25m more VR (521.29 vs 470.04).  No iVents means means 0.63 sec longer reload (20.02 vs 20.65), middle ground on aimtime at 2.84 sec, as well as middle ground on VR at 508.11m - in addition to the general worsening of stats due to the lack of Vents boosting everything a bit.

I think I'll run with Vents/VStab/Optics, and throw improved stuff on there, eventually?  It seems bonds are going to be a grind fest, so doubt I'll ever get my X's kitted out, let alone other tanks.

Improved Equipment Comparison Link (because my work computers are shit, and won't let me just post the image)

Edit: Out of curiosity, I ran an iVents/iRammer/iOptics...  is the hit to the aiming circle that painful?  Still 3.13sec aim time...

Here ya go, for someone smarter than me to look at.  3rd option is iVents/iRammer/iOptics - does it hurt the dispersion THAT bad?

The splash radius mostly show up when you shoot something really thick, but with low armor zones nearby, like shooting the turret face of an E5 and having the splash reach the hull roof. You'd probably do ~150 dmg instead of 100. It is largely insignificant if you hit much thinner armor.

Ive had success using HEAT rounds, but I was matched up with tier 9 tanks, and a LOT of "just squishy enough" mediums or heaviums to bang on. Ended up with almost 6k damage, including 5 HEAT pens. They're very situational, more so than most rounds in the game but they add a nice level of awareness to your game planning

Benn grinding to the Sheridan with the 90mm and I'm deffo doing more damage than I was with the 152mm, but its deffo not as  much fun! I was planning on using the derp on the Sheridan.. But im missing it too much now...

Those who platoon T49s know the pure joy of going for the butts....even when it is a mistake and goes horribly wrong. In fact, Alfred Lord Tennyson penned these mighty words after a poorly planned charge:

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
 Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
 Rode the six hundred.