Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

You guys make want to buy the t49 back for the third time. Unfortunally im too much of a shitter to play it well and ebola handling gives me ebola. Still i admire you guys for making it work!

@nabucodonsor I wouldn't say I make it work. But a fast and camouflaged version of the KV-2 is such a ridiculously bad idea that I have fun trying. Expecting to miss feels better than than the inverse RNG related rage.

Okay super serious talk:

uNetjGt.png

I transferred a full girl crew and respec'd them. I ditched firefighting altogether in favor of nearly full repairs and other auxiliary skills like Intuition because screw it switching to HEAT faster could be fun. For future skills full firefighting would be nice and driver could still take Off-road driving. Eagle eye could also be fun for giggles. Otherwise, there's isn't much useful left for this crew to get.

5 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

When your ChodeFriend is absent, you must carry on as best you can:

Hide contents

rJehMcd.gif

5jOLlCR.gif

UFw40BV.gif

kYyXuxK.gif

I love the way the grille jumps when it gets hit

10 hours ago, sohojacques said:

@nabucodonsor I wouldn't say I make it work. But a fast and camouflaged version of the KV-2 is such a ridiculously bad idea that I have fun trying. Expecting to miss feels better than than the inverse RNG related rage.

Yeah i know what you mean but i am very stubborn and i keep playing the same tank until it works. Which never happens for me with the t49 and the bat. Thus i rage a lot. 

But i really miss pounding asses with that little machine. 

16 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

You guys make want to buy the t49 back for the third time. Unfortunally im too much of a shitter to play it well and ebola handling gives me ebola. Still i admire you guys for making it work!

3 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

I love the way the grille jumps when it gets hit

Yeah i know what you mean but i am very stubborn and i keep playing the same tank until it works. Which never happens for me with the t49 and the bat. Thus i rage a lot. 

But i really miss pounding asses with that little machine. 

Look for my upcoming post "So You Wanna Be a Chode$tar". T49 really isn't too hard to play once you accept that you're gonna miss...a LOT.

8 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Okay super serious talk:

uNetjGt.png

I transferred a full girl crew and respec'd them. I ditched firefighting altogether in favor of nearly full repairs and other auxiliary skills like Intuition because screw it switching to HEAT faster could be fun. For future skills full firefighting would be nice and driver could still take Off-road driving. Eagle eye could also be fun for giggles. Otherwise, there's isn't much useful left for this crew to get.

Those girl crews catch up so fast...once rep is done you're just training gravy skills like FF and offroad. Can confirm that intuition procs are great on the T49, I've had that skill forever and it really makes it a lot of fun. 

12 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Okay super serious talk:

uNetjGt.png

I did originally want a girl crew for my T49 but at this point it would take way too long for them to catch up with my current crew - they're on their fifth skill by now, they started out (fittingly) as the original T49 T5 TD crew and moved up to Hellcat, then back to T49/T67 post-Hellcat nerf before being switched over to the LT line when I finally started grinding it.

Intuition almost never procs for me when I absolutely need it to (oh look a Lowe switch to HEAT annnnnnnnd 20 second wait), but it's a nice surprise.  Do you still run Vents/GLD/Vstab post-LT changes or did you switch out for a rammer?  I'm kind of considering running a Rammer finally but I still don't find myself in situations where the extra ~2 seconds off the reload would make a difference.

Another nice-to-have skill is Armorer.  Gun doesn't get damaged that often unless you're getting HE spammed at but it's great for making damaged gun shots without having to wait on your repair kit

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Look for my upcoming post "So You Wanna Be a Chode$tar". T49 really isn't too hard to play once you accept that you're gonna miss...a LOT.

I can't wait for that post.

On 8/5/2017 at 11:04 AM, woe2you said:

Didn't bother or traded FE for cola like anyone who wants to hit anything.

Just seeing your response. I think he had the small gun, so he probably didn't have cola. It's more likely that he saw 95% of his health gone and just gave up. Go play another game if your first one is basically over.

1 hour ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Do you still run Vents/GLD/Vstab post-LT changes or did you switch out for a rammer?

This is a very old setup! Crab and I have experimented with a couple different setups, here's what we settled on:

Equipment:

Optics - Required - With a maxed crew you can reach 520 view range which means anything with less than 14.4% camo gets lit at max range. That includes most mediums unless they have a really good camo crew. Our playstyle uses a lot of vision and area control. Even on maps with lots of corridors there are often areas to utilize vision.

VertStab - Required - For obvious reasons! Bloom is your biggest enemy and the stabilizer has the biggest benefit for reducing bloom.

For the third slot, these three are viable:

GLD - This reduces the time to aim down on a shot by a noticeable amount. Occasionally this will be the difference between landing a shot and not landing a shot. I ran this for quite a while. However, it can be skipped since when you're aiming down you're probably safely out of sight so taking another second or two to fully aim is not a big deal.

Vents - Lots of small benefits, the biggest being increased view range and better final accuracy. It's the only equipment that can improve your fully aimed accuracy. It also lets you hit that magical 520 view range. I am currently running this and liking it quite well. However, the benefits are small so it could easily be skipped in favor of other equipment.

Rammer - Probably the weakest of the three option items. I often find time spent aiming down is more limiting than waiting for a reload to finish. It can certainly be useful at times. Personally I think you are better off with vents or GLD.

Eagle Eye as a perk is useless - it takes way too long to get info and usually it's hard to make a use of this information (maybe in platoon it makes a bit of sense but solopub? Nope). 

5 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Eagle Eye as a perk is useless - it takes way too long to get info and usually it's hard to make a use of this information (maybe in platoon it makes a bit of sense but solopub? Nope). 

Agree it's useless, I'd like to try it for a little while just for the giggles of seeing how many things I break when I shoot someone.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to take a moment to postulate a

Fundamental Law of Derp Platoons:

DP = ϵ(2β)n

Where:

DP = Derp Power

ϵ = T49 Effectiveness on a given map

β = Love of Butts (average of all members in platoon)

n = Number of 152s in the platoon

------------------------------

β (Love of Butts) is a measure of an individual's skill and desire to GetDaBooty. It ranges from 0-1 with the effect being magnified exponentially within a platoon setting. Individuals approaching β = 1 are highly disruptive to the game, while two individuals approaching β = 1 brings utter chaos including the occasional vaporization of opponents. At this time it can only be postulated what three individuals approaching β = 1 would do. Conservative estimates suggest many tears and gnashing of teeth, while others have suggested that server implosion would be possible.

ϵ (T49 Effectiveness) is a map dependent measure that can have values ranging from 0.5-1.0. While some maps are more limiting for a T49, you are never useless when you can assume the DirectFireArty role. Even on Kharkov, a platoon of T49s can make short work of an isolated Maus. 910 HE shells don't care that you angled your armor nicely!

9 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

Agree it's useless, I'd like to try it for a little while just for the giggles of seeing how many things I break when I shoot someone.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to take a moment to postulate a

Fundamental Law of Derp Platoons:

DP = ϵ(2β)n

Where:

DP = Derp Power

ϵ = T49 Effectiveness on a given map

β = Love of Butts (average of all members in platoon)

n = Number of 152s in the platoon

------------------------------

β (Love of Butts) is a measure of an individual's skill and desire to GetDaBooty. It ranges from 0-1 with the effect being magnified exponentially within a platoon setting. Individuals approaching β = 1 are highly disruptive to the game, while two individuals approaching β = 1 brings utter chaos including the occasional vaporization of opponents. At this time it can only be postulated what three individuals approaching β = 1 would do. Conservative estimates suggest many tears and gnashing of teeth, while others have suggested that server implosion would be possible.

ϵ (T49 Effectiveness) is a map dependent measure that can have values ranging from 0.5-1.0. While some maps are more limiting for a T49, you are never useless when you can assume the DirectFireArty role. Even on Kharkov, a platoon of T49s can make short work of an isolated Maus. 910 HE shells don't care that you angled your armor nicely!

AHAHAHAHAH

50 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Downvoted on principle.

9 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Downvoted on principle.

For saying derp sucks or for a terrible lie? 

Anyway current T49 has amazing mobility and getting flanks is pretty easy. Before changes it was just fast medium. 

4 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

For saying derp sucks or for a terrible lie? 

Anyway current T49 has amazing mobility and getting flanks is pretty easy. Before changes it was just fast medium. 

Whenever I see a 90mm T49, my only thought is "Burn the Heretic!"

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

"Burn the Heretic!"

Fucking hell. No one told me I was signing up to a cult. #deprogrammingdualmaster333.

2 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

For some reason I was 100% sure who were the two down vote.

Tbh same.  I'm also 100% sure who the third one is.

It was me.

21 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

This is a very old setup! Crab and I have experimented with a couple different setups, here's what we settled on:

Equipment:

Optics - Required - With a maxed crew you can reach 520 view range which means anything with less than 14.4% camo gets lit at max range. That includes most mediums unless they have a really good camo crew. Our playstyle uses a lot of vision and area control. Even on maps with lots of corridors there are often areas to utilize vision.

VertStab - Required - For obvious reasons! Bloom is your biggest enemy and the stabilizer has the biggest benefit for reducing bloom.

For the third slot, these three are viable:

GLD - This reduces the time to aim down on a shot by a noticeable amount. Occasionally this will be the difference between landing a shot and not landing a shot. I ran this for quite a while. However, it can be skipped since when you're aiming down you're probably safely out of sight so taking another second or two to fully aim is not a big deal.

Vents - Lots of small benefits, the biggest being increased view range and better final accuracy. It's the only equipment that can improve your fully aimed accuracy. It also lets you hit that magical 520 view range. I am currently running this and liking it quite well. However, the benefits are small so it could easily be skipped in favor of other equipment.

Rammer - Probably the weakest of the three option items. I often find time spent aiming down is more limiting than waiting for a reload to finish. It can certainly be useful at times. Personally I think you are better off with vents or GLD.

That's what I figured.  I was okay with my current setup during the pre-change days, but I know @Trobs switched out his vents for optics when he three-marked his so I considered doing that.  I don't know that I have the same playstyle as you two - I yolo a lot more often, judging by the replays of yours that I've watched - but it'll probably do me some good anyways so I think I'll go the optics route.

New question for both you and @CraBeatOff: When you eventually acquire enough bonds to put on improved equipment... will you?

Figured.  Now that I can get bonds from random pub Tier X matches it's looking like less of a pipe dream and more of a (admittedly distant) certainty.

I think I'm going to switch out my vents for optics tonight and go a few rounds

1 minute ago, MacusFlash said:

Did anyone check my replay? Wow...

I see that you used the 152. And that is good, but you've spoken heresy!

10 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I see that you used the 152. And that is good, but you've spoken heresy!

I used to be 100% truth but before LTs changes but now it's viable with 90mm gun and even better than RU 251. The derp has one outstanding advantage for me - when chai sniping at some choke point (like defending church from hill attack on Malinovka) I may alt+tab and browse forum between shots.

BTW do any of you use improved modules on T49?

@CraBeatOff and @dualmaster333 and anyone else who contributes: I need replays + time stamps of said derpage for what I hope to build into a 5 min or longer Homage to Derpage