Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

1 hour ago, MntRunner said:

I need some T49 friends. Anyone willing to add me for 49 Platoons?

Add me, I'm kind of bad sometimes (a lot of times) but I think I'm getting better.

9 minutes ago, woe2you said:

I saw a Grille:

Reveal hidden contents

Mmmmmm, tasty. So I went back for a second bite:

Reveal hidden contents

Every time I try that it just hits his gun if I don't aim in fully I'm jealous.

Also, have a couple of gifs. 

I'm getting better at actually aiming instead of third person or autoaiming nowadays, I definitely would've missed this shot otherwise

https://gfycat.com/BriefOffensiveAidi

End of the game right before I die, I was trying to hit the IS-3 in the turret roof below me, slid down a cliff and ended up killing the other IS-3 from like 500 hp 20 meters behind the one I was actually aiming at.  Looking at the replay again it looks like i actually splashed right under his bottom plate.

https://gfycat.com/terrificthornydalmatian

4 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Every time I try that it just hits his gun if I don't aim in fully I'm jealous.

The two shots were fun enough, but the 17hp fire afterward just added insult to injury.

Your second one reminds me of that classic - I forget whose it was - where the ConqGC is trying to defend himself from a yolo on Fish Bay and deletes something on the other side of the map.

Could we make a chode$tarz channel thingy? That way you don't have to be on everyone's friend list, you can just type in the channel when you feel like making memes/gifs.

Just had another game with gifs worth sharing.  

Scouting game started out strong.  CDC was a little too quick for me to really line up a shot at him.  Chode applied to AC 48 instead, not spotted, bush OP.

Unfortunately, gfycat fucked up when uploading this one and imgur compressed the hell out of it so that's not worth posting...  Whatever, it was the AC 48 accidentally riding the cliff a little too much and losing all his speed, put it into his side.

After reload, I manage a really good lead shot through the bush at a speeding Skorpion G, again not spotted... until I peek out too far and a Waffle 4 hits me back.  Fuck waffle camo.

https://gfycat.com/CookedMeatyKillerwhale

Of course, I get my revenge... because fuck that guy

https://gfycat.com/ReflectingBlindAfricanwildcat

And then the end of the game, a Lorr 40t is about to dive me and an Emil II is coming around the corner.  Lorraine dives me, shoots a shell off my track and I whiff my shot against him.  At this point I'm pretty much fucked unless the arty deletes the lorraine or something, and then the Emil II hits the lorraine just before the lorraine rams me, dying and basically giving me almost perfect cover against the Emil II.  He wastes what turned out to be his last shell hitting the Lorraine corpse, and then I didn't charge fast enough because I wasn't sure if that was his last shell or not.  Whatever, arty got him in the end.

https://gfycat.com/GranularWindingGrouper

4 hours ago, TheChang said:

Could we make a chode$tarz channel thingy? That way you don't have to be on everyone's friend list, you can just type in the channel when you feel like making memes/gifs.

Made one. Channel name = chode$tarz

I'm going to message and add some people replying to this thread and also jump in that custom channel. Anyone feel free to add me, the T49 derp contingent grows stronger! Yesssssss

Noobish question... channels?

And .. add me please.

I keep bouncing between 86% and 93%.. so frustrating.  Though I suspect the patrons of this thread.. are.. ahem.. making it very difficult for me to break past to the 95% mark...

One or two bad RNJesuscactusfuck and I lose a chunk of %.

4 hours ago, kreigermann said:

Noobish question... channels?

And .. add me please.

I keep bouncing between 86% and 93%.. so frustrating.  Though I suspect the patrons of this thread.. are.. ahem.. making it very difficult for me to break past to the 95% mark...

One or two bad RNJesuscactusfuck and I lose a chunk of %.

We're nothing compared to the legions of heretics! I've floated between 91 and 97% for close to 1k battles now (minus the weeks right after the tier switch, which realistically don't count). It ain't me! I am a constant! RNGesus giveth, and he taketh away. Pay homage, and reap many rewards my friend. 

4 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

We're nothing compared to the legions of heretics! I've floated between 91 and 97% for close to 1k battles now (minus the weeks right after the tier switch, which realistically don't count). It ain't me! I am a constant! RNGesus giveth, and he taketh away. Pay homage, and reap many rewards my friend. 

I'm hoping, T49 is my most played tank now, would be nice to finally get the third epeenmark for that chubbie.  Considering I resurrected it from blood red and 46%wr after several hundred games(yeah, this was my first tier 9 and oooh boy did I "rofl w key yolo way too much in it.... but it was so much fun even when scraping the bottom of the barrel)

but-im-trying-ringo-im-trying-real-hard-

(its so I can tell pubbies the stars only show how deep the barrel inserts before going off)

Also, I would love to contribute to the gifs here... can someone point me towards a tutorial or something.. I would enjoy contributing to the hilarity of 60 kph landcancer.

1 hour ago, kreigermann said:

Also, I would love to contribute to the gifs here... can someone point me towards a tutorial or something.. I would enjoy contributing to the hilarity of 60 kph landcancer.

Quick, post a couple of replays and I can tell you what you've done wrong, or what I'd have considered/done differently! My packet loss is crazy high until about 10 Eastern, but I can DL your games and critique!

Just now, CraBeatOff said:

Quick, post a couple of replays and I can tell you what you've done wrong, or what I'd have considered/done differently! My packet loss is crazy high until about 10 Eastern, but I can DL your games and critique!

I will upload some replays  after I'm done with work and when I remember.. a bunch of them are on a mac toaster I was borrowing... so I will try to screen and post a selection of good games , mediocre games and maybe some where I totally derp out to figure out where my reasoning could be improved or catastrophically went wrong. Much appreciated.

@CraBeatOff

Here's a few I grabbed off of my rebuilt computer, more to follow but this is what I have now.

They aren't cherry picked, they are all of the games I've played in T49 since Oct 1st

These I had some obvious indecision or mistakes. 

They are all in the 2k direct range... so very meh. also some comically bad driving in some parts. 

Though... the CDC on Sand River XP

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3867103?secret=fbe4d1bca4907c95b1b8f3109f53a07d

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3867107?secret=fbe4d1bca4907c95b1b8f3109f53a07d

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3867107?secret=fbe4d1bca4907c95b1b8f3109f53a07d

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3867109?secret=fbe4d1bca4907c95b1b8f3109f53a07d

Only ones of the bunch I'd consider decent(3K+ direct games)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3867111?secret=fbe4d1bca4907c95b1b8f3109f53a07d

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3867129?secret=fbe4d1bca4907c95b1b8f3109f53a07d

I really enjoyed the second game even though it was a loss, opening by nuking a RU, anticipating his ambush and then finishing him off.. oh so sweet. Rest of the game was blapping as many things as I could as the team spiraled down the toilet. 

The very LAST blap.. I should have aimed for LP or underbelly instead of auto aimed but I was just trying to milk the last bit before dying. 

Looking forward to whatever help I get. Thanks!

9 hours ago, rev01ution said:

Had some good games with some new derp friends tonight. More tomorrow!

That it was, I think we each got Ace Tanker at least once during that platoon.  Plenty of giffable moments too, I gotta go through the replays now

@kreigermann I watched your replays and took some brief notes that I'll share here.

Game 1 Erlenburg- I like the turret locking you did at the start of the game, consider incorporating that into your games all the time, it keeps your bloom in check from looking around and adjusting your hull. The opening move of cresting your tank to autoaim at a 12t isn't very optimal. He is reasonably never 100% alone, making the full exposure of your tank pretty dangerous. The cost for that move in this case is 60% of your HP, forcing you to be pretty passive for the rest of the match. I'd suggest instead to change your opening move to just passive scout from the bush that's over there and let your friendly tanks maybe do something. Personally I think you should cross the middle bridge a little sooner, when the tank advantage is still heavily in your teams favor. The fight at the end against the Foch and company would have gone better if you were healthy, but you did what you could considering.

Game 2- Good opening, I usually sit farther left in that bush just as an FYI. Surviving and escaping that yolo by the enemy lights is good. Also the pen shot is nice. Timestamp 13:10 the shot on the T49 is not good. He's not looking at you and he recently fired, aim in this situation for the damage and to maybe save a friendly tank. Your choice to drive down the middle when you're on low HP is pretty aggressive. Maybe snipe at the hill from a safer spot back on your side of the map out of spotting distance.

Game 3- IDK what happened but I ended up with a duplicate replay here. Unsure if this was my mistake in downloading or what happened.

Game 4 Sand River- Opening was good but slightly too aggressive. The tracks of your tank don't need to reach the top of the sand dune, just let the turret get above for line of sight. Pen was good. I would aim that second shot opportunity you had on the T44, you have a good chance to pen if you manually aim. Good shot versus the IS3. It's okay to shoot at the JPE100 from the front, go read the splashing engine decks post in the Sheridan thread by dual. Everything else here was good.

Game 5 Westfield- Like the turret locking again, keep doing it. Good game here overall but at the end I would force the T62 into a full booty shot, you have the HP to make it happen.

Game 6 Sand river- Too aggressive against the RU.  Full crest and autoaim is no good. You're lucky to survive this one. Once you have him spotted I would take a medium tank style approach and round the base of the sand dune to shoot at him without over exposing. The rest of the match is pretty good considering your team gets steam rolled.

Overall notes would be auto aim less play just slightly more like a medium by not doing wild light tank things when its not an emergency situation. Also, keep doing everything you're doing but don't lose HP on your opening maneuvers. Just some basic observations, hope this helps.

Nice Rev.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3867103?secret=fbe4d1bca4907c95b1b8f3109f53a07d Erlenberg 1700 + 700

Before we even fire a shot, some issues - you've spent credits on large rep and large FA kit...but not on camo paint? 3% camo is worth way more, way way more. Get yourself some paint. Second...9 HEAT is too many. Optimal HEAT is between 2 and 6. 9 means you're going to find situations where you need more HE. HE vs prem HE is purely personal preference, but I like that HE is cheap.

Your approach on this side of Erlenberg is nonsense though. You're willingly engaging in open freewheeling combat...the worst thing for a T49. First trade is 367 done for 801 spent. Yuk. Use Western side of the ridge, and the bowl at E8. It has what a T49 needs - a bush, a long field of fire (so you can aim unseen) and the ability to escape with no damage taken. 

More later!

@kreigermann ok continuing on Erlenberg - your next shot, the blind one on the Grille 15...because of the arc of the T49 shell, and the way that the aiming system calculates shell drop...you will never hit a blind shot on a ridge line tank at that distance...it sails your shot into the sky behind because of how it calculates the drop. Lame, but true.

At the 13:15 mark you're hunting shots on the Jp2 and RU251...but you know that flank is weak with only a fleeing bat12t and a Jp2. If I am you, around the time you blind shot the Grille, I'm already driving to A0 to camo bomb that Jp2 to death. He's too far back to see you, and if he does you're crossing at 65kph into a dip, only to drop lights and start whacking him unseen. This clears your flank FASTfreeing up the 6 tanks currently doing nothing, while your team probably slowly loses the West flank. This is a way that LTs win games, by hurrying up slow flanking teammates. Your guys are hesitant about the Jp2 because they can't see him. Get to A0, then hit him for 350, and suddenly they will push on his ass.

Instead, you have minimal influence on the battle for a long stretch of time (at least the arty hits the Jp2 for 274) I appreciate waiting for the T34 shot, but I'd have been long gone, already crossing middle as @rev01ution noted. The 2nd shot was just nonsense...you're never gonna reload before your team clears that...and its 540m shot! Its a really long stretch of passive play, with you being a 2nd line sniper in a gun that doesn't work like that. There are absolutely times to bomb distance shots (like from A0 into the Jp2) but lots of time its just your job to be using your tracks and speed and camo to make that map work for your whole team. You lose your whole north push because they push into TDs like dumbs, but if you'd been under the middle hill already you'd either light for your dumbs, or you'd be taking sub 150m shots into softies for max lulz. 

As Rev said, the move into the FochB was good...but the game was over by then. Did you throw? Not strictly, but you also didn't influence as much as you could have. 

On to Serene Coast replay - your opening move to the middle by water side is good...if you have no mediums who will contest D1/C1. Otherwise, that area is the most strategically important point on the map. And from North you can use the bush on the crest of the hill to aim down for the 1st shot (or more if they get pinned back). And if you have numbers and the enemy gets close... well GG, you can keep cresting at close distances and hitting turrets for 350 or tracking enemies (for 350) who get cheeky. Its a great brawl spot, and your team definitely had a force going there. Plus you can fallback from it (I think dualmaster333 posted a replay in this thread or the Sheridan one where we crest onces, then fallback to direct arty, and then win) and still influence the game. The middle is a little more freewheeling and further distances, not really ideal for T49s. 

As such you get counter scouted and while you acquit yourself in the brawl, its a situation to be avoided at all costs Your team would have been much better served with you in the D1 brawl, hitting the Emil2 turret for 350 every 20s, and turning that 5v4 into a 6v4. As Rev noted, your autoaim miss on the T49 was uneeded. Hit that shot, get your marks...

Once mid is clear you waste time aiming on shots that are never going to come unless your team loses that flank. Don't wait for flanks to fall...go do something to win them. I understand going to do risky thing is hard when you're a 1 shot, which is why you avoid stuff like your first engagement in the first place! You eventually move up to shoot on the back of the brawl, which is great...but you rush the shot on the Emil2. Also you can pen the back of its turret, so aim for that instead of the butt. You also stopped in the open instead of going to the sniper spot at the base of that hill, which provides a dip which you can tuck into, and a bush to keep you from being lit by your targets. The JT wouldn't have lit and killed you there for another 20-30 seconds. 

Would've been an easy 3k direct game with better engagement choices!

@rev01ution

@CraBeatOff  Thanks to both of you for taking the time to do those reviews. I'm going to have to take some time to digest all of that info.. Yeah, about the camo.. I've been waiting for a camo sale, but since I've spent money on dumber stuff why not. I have already adjusted the number of HEAT realizing I never use it and I've been blowing through all of my explosives by late game. I'll probably redice it to one or two.