Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

But you can get bigger pens on plates below 80mm or so of armor with HE....

Hitting a AMX 50B for 750 is fun. Hitting him for 1004 is even more fun. 

Exactly.

I save the premium stuff for scouts, and the weak plated tanks like roomba's. Absolute hilarity ensues when they get struck with a freight train.

sr360 shared this comment with me, about a certain Obj 704

He had his flush ass to me!

He drove PAST me 
Ignored me
And gave me his ass
It was 50 shades of TD
My inner goddess was aroused

Thanks for your suggestions on equipment for the T49. I went gun laying drive, vert stabilizer and binocs. (I dropped rammer since I tend to hide when reloading so 2 seconds isn't to much of an issue.) My first game after the equipment changes and I was at the center of the map on highway and a unicum in a batt chat had wrecked the entire field team except for me and a t71 that kept hitting him for a few points of damage. He forgot about or ignored me and I let lose a shot at 400 meters that hit him for 903 damage and killed him. This tank is fun and frustrating. Since I suck, this may be more up and down than most of my other tanks.

I watched some of the replays referenced earlier and that has helped my play a lot. Now I am only bad as opposed to terrible in it.

What did YOU pen in the T49 today? I dunked a Mutz from 300m in the side for a 500+ kill shot. Then shortly after made sweet rear love to a T28 for 1,024. Next match I took a 50 120 for non-consensual 883. All giggle worthy.

Personal favorite moment with the t49.

On hill on Mines with an M103 passing below. Peek over and dump a shot into his engine deck for 1037, he proceeds to burn to death because fire extinguishers are for the weak.

T49 was absolute fun every second battle, but then other every second battle it was somewhere between absolute hell and ok. Ended up rageselling it after a wild Batchat appeared out of corner, 100 metres, side exposed, i aim 2 seconds and still manage to miss it like 1mm and then it killed me :(. There is chance i will re-buy it for 3rd time lol since its crew still sits in my barracks, but i am actually more tempted to get Bulldog because lolautoloader and better MM.

13 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Personal favorite moment with the t49.

On hill on Mines with an M103 passing below. Peek over and dump a shot into his engine deck for 1037, he proceeds to burn to death because fire extinguishers are for the weak.

I'm still waiting for my Rhm-Borsig 1-shot. It will happen some day. That may very well be the day I quit WoT. I have 1 shot with fires several 8s, but no 9s yet. I think for my Rhm-Borsig 1-shot I will hold myself to the high roll, a true 1 shot. (Which I have done with a T30 HE, but not yet the T49)

8 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I'm still waiting for my Rhm-Borsig 1-shot. It will happen some day. That may very well be the day I quit WoT. I have 1 shot with fires several 8s, but no 9s yet. I think for my Rhm-Borsig 1-shot I will hold myself to the high roll, a true 1 shot. (Which I have done with a T30 HE, but not yet the T49)

I have already achieved T49 nirvana!

Read this, went home to play. First game full pen 50 100 turret face, side pen Panther I, rear pen on Panther II. Sadly all low rolls, but still hilarious. Especially with the cursing from the Panther II. Ended with 5k damage.

Second game was a straight yolo on Pilsen to put on into a WaffleEhundo. Low roll again, but totally worth it even though half their tanks came back to kill me (I drew 2 tier 10s, 2 tier 9s, and their arty away from the front because I'm such a big threat).

Just now, dualmaster333 said:

Read this, went home to play. First game full pen 50 100 turret face, side pen Panther I, rear pen on Panther II. Sadly all low rolls, but still hilarious. Ended with 5k damage.

Second game was a straight yolo on Pilsen to put on into a WaffleEhundo. Low roll again, but totally worth it even though half their tanks came back to kill me (I drew 2 tier 10s, 2 tier 9s, and their arty away from the front because I'm such a big threat).

The siren's call is strong. And there is nothing more awesome than DEM PENS. 

Of course, it is still a light tank, which means it's pretty garbage for winning and high tier mediums still have massive boner problems which results in too many early death. But I guess that just gives me more time in the match to insult arty.

Last game for the lunch break had a nice full pen on the side of a T-54 (yet another low roll sadly) and then died half way through the match. I took the time to insult the clicker on our team and was rewarded with a friendly after game message from the 47%er with 20k+ games in arty.

I ever ace the T67, I'll put that crew back into the T49 after I rebuy it. Im better at positioning for damage than I was before, so maybe this time I wont rage sell it

Edit

@CraBeatOff I was wrong...

Rolled for 1128, he ticked for 78 HP then his last 32

I fail to see what's so fun in this tank. I mean I get the joy of full pen with HE but that happens so far and between that it's not worth it IMO.

I enjoy Chinese LTs more.

7 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

I fail to see what's so fun in this tank. I mean I get the joy of full pen with HE but that happens so far and between that it's not worth it IMO.

It's time...

THIS is why you play the T49. Only n00bs pen tanks from the back. Real pros pen them from the front...

1 hour ago, no_name_cro said:

HE pens are not that rare, but it's not like HE is your only choice - some people get a lot of work done with the HEAT rounds, and I think it's fairly easy to get at least one pen every other game. There's more to the T49 circlejerk than that though - the fact I can just take my hands off the wheel and leave it to rngesus is relaxing. While this isn't specific to the T49, I also think it's nice that I don't have to go into battle with any expectations for myself and, thanks to weighting, MM doesn't expect anything of me either.

On the other hand, chinese lts and the T-54ltwt were like the epitome of boredom for me. Sure, they perform better, but why not just play one of the faster meds? It's not that different, and it's not like you'd ever bring a light out of the garage if you really cared about your performance anyway.