FlakTrack

Is Serb full of shit or is this true?

Remember this is a business Model, not a democracy, despite what players whine about over 90% of the database owns artillery at low to mid tiers and 83% owns an end-tier piece, this is contrary to the actual statistics of “arty sucks” and hear, these little krayfish dont even know what they want,

Do 83% actually own an end piece of artillery? I know about 10 players personally and maybe another 40 online and not one of them has made it past tier 5 artillery. I know people want to try it but I can't imagine people bothering to go to far up the line.

Even I tried it on a friends account before I started playing my own account and decided it wasn't for me. 

To me it sounds like Serb might have just made it up as a argument winner. I know I do it all the time. make up some fake statistic to shut my wife up. 

most good players would have an end tier arty for CW reasons. most bad players would have an end tier arty because they can't drive a normal tank.

seems about right. just because lots of people have arty doesnt mean it sucks.

(also, being green on XVM means you are already better than 70% of the playerbase anyway, so thats pretty believeable.)

83% of the playerbase is probably inactive 0-1000 battle accounts with a tier 5 at most.

Now, 83% of the active playerbase that has at least 5 end-tier vehicles... that's a bit more believable

That is what I was thinking.

I think he is just making this shit up as he goes along. He wants to win an argument so he throws out some bullshit statistic that he believes is right but if he checked would be wrong.

83% of end users owning a tier 10 artillery piece is just bullshit. I can't imagine there are that many braindead mouth breathers in the WOT community. Although I could be wrong.

Actually couldn't you guys here actually check this against your own records?

See how many users have a tier 10 artillery? 

of course serb is full of shit, its serb

those statistics sound way off as well

End-tier doesn't necessarily mean tier 10. And 83% probably doesn't mean 83% either. It is serb after all. (Or is it)

What he is probably trying to say is the exact opposite. Vkb is not going to be buffed. Kv1s is fine. Hellcat won't be nerfed. So what he is saying is that 17% of all people have end tier arty which they have unlocked but do not necessarily have in their garage. And end tier arty means tier 8 or above because no reason. "Database" probably means the top50 players on hall of fame with most games played.

Out of 338,613 players on the NA server, 19,734 have a tier 10 artillery. Or: 5.83%

I'll just go ahead and declare total bullshit from SerB.

Working as intended ...LMAO!

It's from a leaked email from SerB to the devs. It can be seen here: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/03/insider-wargaming-thoughts-on-arty/

Oh okay, I don't read that blog anymore (also I quit playing since January and started for a bit only a week ago).

I guess it is most likely what tango_delta said, so it's still bs.

Would be interesting to see how many percent of the players have played arty at all, to t5 and to t8.

did you know 79% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

69% of people find something dirty in every sentence 

WOW I am shocked! SerB actually talking out of hiss ass?? I would never have expected that at all! I thought he was straight up kinda guy!

did you know 79% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

Yes, but only 45% of the time on Mondays.

As Never showed, its total bs...

And even those numbers grossly over-estimate it, for the simple fact many people play arty, while they do hate it...

Garbad also played tier 10 arty, does this make him arty-lover? The opposite is however NOT true, you wont find people like arty without actually playing it....

So all in all, while the numbers themself are correct, the amount of people playing AND liking tier 10 arty is a fair bit lower...

WOW I am shocked! SerB actually talking out of hiss ass?? I would never have expected that at all! I thought he was straight up kinda guy!

Straight-up stupid, then yeah. Lol.

SerB is both shit at tanks and statistics. It's quite sad that 90% of the developers (probably more) are worse at their own game than probably 70% of the playerbase. And yeah I probably made up that second statistic, but it's probably true.