Sign in to follow this  
Patient0

New Artillery Player Looking For Advice

Ok, so I am going to start a reroll arty account that is solely dedicated to arty. Due to time limitations, "full time" WoT playing is just not possible right now(noticed 100 WN8 drop). The solution? One hand on mouse, other hand on whatever. I want this account to be a "community created" account so, I need you guys to decide a few things for me. (Too poor to spend prem on this account so, gonna take a while to grind).

1. Name of arty account
  2. What arty tech tree to play
  3. Catchphrase after one shot
  4. arty party?
  5. Boorritos or Tahcohs

Also, what are your expectations of this account? (WR, WN8)

What is the best arty to pad with?

4Wowxg2.gif

Discuss.

didn't read, just negged

1. Arty_StopsCamping

2. British. nothing is more annoying

3. BACK TO GARAGE

4. no thank you, would rather have a habanero up my rear

5. tacos because Jojack makes them best

Hopefully better than Garbad

All of them

Discuss

Can you play it on the EU server. I don't want to see you in the higher tier arty when u get there...

1. Name of arty account- One_Handed_Skill_Player
  2. What arty tech tree to play- American
  3. Catchphrase after one shot "I'm ready to collect your tears"
  4. arty party? NO
  5. Boorritos or Tahcohs BOTH

I think that should work for your "skilled" arty play through...

Ok, so I am going to start a reroll arty account that is solely dedicated to arty. Due to time limitations, "full time" WoT playing is just not possible right now(noticed 100 WN8 drop). The solution? One hand on mouse, other hand on whatever. I want this account to be a "community created" account so, I need you guys to decide a few things for me. (Too poor to spend prem on this account so, gonna take a while to grind).

1. Name of arty account
  4. arty party?
  5. Boorritos or Tahcohs

Also, what are your expectations of this account? (WR, WN8)

What is the best arty to pad with?

Discuss.

Conqeuror gun carriage is the best arty in the game, but grind is really bad. If I'd had to grind all over again I think I would go with US arties, then germans or soviets and just forget the french arty exists

Try to put your hands on lefbh premium arty, and start with it

Uninstall this terrible game and wipe this awful idea from your mind. At the very least don't do it on NA pls.

You NA peoples will be fine. I will be playing on West like uzuals and will be on a macbook with one of them apple mice. No worries derp.  :thumbup:

You NA peoples will be fine. I will be playing on West like uzuals and will be on a macbook with one of them apple mice. No worries derp.  :thumbup:

qqqqqqqq no pls. i on west

No. No one will be fine. these are laser guided missiles that we are talking about. even a malfunctioning guiding system will miss and still do massive damage thanks to splash. pls no on NA server. Just no more.  :sad: pls make it stop

as an artyfag, I'll gladly watch this and offer advice.

1. Garbads_Nightmare (I know, bad)

2. That will have to be personal preference. each arty line is different, though I recommend avoiding the french as they don't have much going for them other than mobility. whichever line you choose, the grind will be extremely frustrating, especially with <200% crews (BIA is a MUST) and limited equipment (Rammer, GLD, vents on the few that mount them). British only have the signature Cover-Negatingtm arc on the bishop, FV304, and CGC. every other piece is a massive PITA to play, except the T9 which is meh. US gets plenty of mediocre pieces in the mid tiers, which aren't as bad, and you get M53/55 and M40/43, but T92 is a bit of a let down (though can troll the crap out of people with 370mm pen AP). Russian and German mid-high tiers both get big guns and crap mobility (T7-9 for USSR, T8-10 for germany), though germany stays with the big gun all the way through, and russia trades the 203 you you use for 3 tiers for the 261's Laser far more accurate cannon that can reliably shoot AP (as reliably as an arty can do anything other than farm tears). French is just crappy overall, guns don't hit hard, only saving grace is the autoloader at T10 and mobility. I find the french arties to be MOST rng dependent despite the best accuracy numbers, because of the low splash. you either direct hit or do nothing. from what the account sounds like, you want something with a big boom to troll people. the line you choose will depend on if you want immediate big boom or are willing to grind for it.

3. don't know, I usually don't taunt people after I nuke them (though I don't intentionally drown myself either on losses. F those arties)

4. not sure what you mean. as in platoon? sure, if I actually buy back non-CW viable arties (doubt you want a T3/4 arty platooned with a T8/T10)

5. never been a mexican food person, but I'll go buritto

WR/WN8? not sure, both will be "bad" relative

best arty to pad with? lefh18B2. other than that, maybe FV304. either way, arty kills your WN8 unless you are the luckiest person ever, and the expected values keep going up each iteration (CGC got +50 exp. dmg this round). the only way I can think of to reliably get high wn8 in arty is to play exclusively CW for a good clan that will keep you alive.

PS: the low tier arty will convince you that arty is 110% RNG. at high tiers, what little skill it requires greatly increases in importance as you can more reliably count on damaging whatever you aim at if you lead properly. Low tier arties often have almost identical accuracy values as the high tiers, but without the damage or splash and with a craptastic crew

PPS: T7 S-51 is crap

Name: One_Armed_Amputee

Tech Tree: Idk you choose. Go nuts.

Phrase: I have a legitimate reason for playing arty.

Arty Party: Have it in an active volcano.

Tacos or Burritos: Tacos all the way.

So like, I can rebuy a low tier light tank and do all of your spotting for you because y not. And I know you will be able to get 4k wn8 and 70% winrate because you will just out-click everyone.

So like, I can rebuy a low tier light tank and do all of your spotting for you because y not. And I know you will be able to get 4k wn8 and 70% winrate because you will just out-click everyone.

I wish. With low tier arties, RNG outclicks you.

What I have so far.

1. xX_One_Handed_Garbad_Xx (It was a hard decision so I picked the best to mix and match <3)
  2. American Arty Line
  3. "GET BALANCED IN THE GARAGE SON" (That did not mix and match well)
  4. Despite the overwhelming majority that said no, I'm going to invoke presidential privilege and say YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS BITCHES.
  5. Tacos (West to share with jojack of course  &gt;:| )

I might get in on a skirmy to farm an easy 5k gold. This means that I will start prob next week.

Still looking for names that are comedy gold. :]

1. Name of arty account
  4. arty party?
  5. Boorritos or Tahcohs

1. Gaybad (it's not taken yet!)

2. British tier 10 is the most cancerous

3. What rojo180 said

4. No

5. Spaghetti

In all honesty, you really shouldn't do this.

FYI US arty line summery:

T57: epic. Better armored than most tanks at tier, + arty mode? Lolyes

M7 priest: high alpha, range, and horizontal arc for t3.

M37: same gun, slightly higher rof and even more useless extra ammo. Gl firing off 126 rounds in 15 min

M41: another alpha jump, good relative to tier.

M44: slight alpha jump, crap accuracy. I hated it

M12: has a reputation of horribadness it earned at t6, everything else got nerfed to its level (RIP GW Panther)

M40/43: line gets decent again with a big alpha bump and decent horizontal arc. Vertical arc is crap though. Sees plenty of use in t8 CW

M53/55: old GW panther with an alpha buff. There's a reason it's used in T10 CW.

T92: a shadow of its former self, power creeped by the conqueror gun carriage, it needed the buff. Still sees use on a few specific CW maps where its range is needed. It still hurts when it hits, and has the added benefit of an ap round for added trolling.

Name: Your_support_for_cancer (Vehicle was destroyed by your support for cancer)

Murica

Catchphrase: Helping to prevent camping right?

No arty party, just mutual chemo

just take xlax and save some time before defiling the porcelain throne