Elektroll

Sixth Sense will be removed and everyone will get it automatically.

Still waiting to retrain radiomen

Like the freaking KV-1S radioman that does NOTHING now...

Am I the only one who is not looking forward to having to revive my radio operator?
And I am seriously curious how this will affect commander skill choice: Without 6th and the need to keep more crew members alive I sense that Jack of all trades might become more useful. At least I believe this to be more useful than the slight view range buff given the current meta. Or am I getting this completely wrong?

No I don't believe it does. I've had a dead commander but no light bulb even when dogfighting enemy tonks.

Okay, I was gonna say... I know they haven't fixed the whole BiA thing yet as far as I'm aware (my KV-2's reload time doesn't change when my radioman dies), so I considered it plausible that sixth sense still applied with a dead commander.

That kinda changes things... maybe I should heal the commander instead of the loader next time.  Or just carry a large medpack

I'll rebuy quite a few mid tier tanks and nations which I don't play much. Lack of crews with sixth sense has been a limiting factor for me.

I have american 4 skill crews crawling out of the woodwork but all the other nations, not so much. 

I like this change, as from my experience, it sucks to play light tanks without 6th sense and I don't have premiums from every country to grind XP for crews. I just wonder what will happen to the skill if you've already trained it on some commanders. We better get that XP back because it would suck to just lose it.

Pretty confident they'll just put the xp unassigned on the crew. They did it wholesale when they introduced all the skills (beyond camo/rep/fire) and it's not hard to do. 

The indirect KV-5 nerf is coming soon. What do?

Not much of a nerf. KV-5 is always spotted and never hidden :-)

Okay, I was gonna say... I know they haven't fixed the whole BiA thing yet as far as I'm aware (my KV-2's reload time doesn't change when my radioman dies), so I considered it plausible that sixth sense still applied with a dead commander.

That kinda changes things... maybe I should heal the commander instead of the loader next time.  Or just carry a large medpack

The BIA thing isn't broken; the description was but I think even that got fixed. They initially discussed making it work that way, but changed their minds and it has always stayed in effect regardless of crew death.

BIA is already only a 2nd/3rd skill tops, and if it goes away when you lose a crew member it drops a lot in the rankings.

Cue much moaning from their forums, and 1 less perk for me to choose. TBH, I didn't see this coming. So I'll give it till 9.5 or later if this happens.

Incoming main forum posts about "HOW I GET THAT LIT BULB GO AWAY ITS ANNOYING". It's nearly as distracting as the little square thing with the dots.

heh - you already had a +17 for this, but had to make that +18 coz you know its going to happen for reals :)

^^not my most constructive post.

Finally they made this change, it's a required skill and the lack of it put new crews/players at a substantial disadvantage. But WG using logic seems odd >_>

Looking with great interest here - considering 6th Sense is *generally* regarded as the most useful perk, therefore being a perk (useless until 100%) a lot of people have used gold to drop another 100% skill (eg repairs or camo) to unlock 6th Sense. Therefore if players have done this once per tank at 200 gold - 30 tanks = 6000 gold effectively wasted. 40 tanks = 8000 gold. Sure it wasn't wasted at the time as we had a perk which a lot of others did not, but still it is a lot of gold down the drain. 

I guess WG will either transfer the perk to radio operators, as an extra perk, or give the commander an extra perk, which could be another advantage... let's see. I can't imagine WG refunding all that gold to so many players. Would be handy though.

Well, the two options to deal with how important 6th sense is was to either remove it entirely or give it to everyone. Given that 'removing things completely from the game' tends to be hard to sell, particularly if its something that could have had real money spent on it (crew retraining etc), I'm not surprised that they've gone the route of giving it to everyone.

Given this choice, I think switching it to an inherent skill of the radioman, while maybe not the most logical, is the right thing to do. At the moment, the radioman basically does nothing, and he's the one crewman who can be killed and left dead with practically zero impact. Having this important skill tied to him means there's now a further element of choice involved in regards to losing one of your crew. Radioman dies early - do you keep him dead and rely on other skills instead of 6th? Or revive him and risk subsequently not being able to bring back someone else later? I think it's a good dynamic to have; arguably the most skilled players (particularly those that argue for 6th to be removed entirely) should be able to make do without it and still get away with leaving the radioman dead.

This move should also help newer players come to grips with the spotting mechanic. At least now they'll know they're being lit by an invisible tank.

they should remove that shit *completely.

FTFY

Yes make the game that much more campy, instead of moving till spotted you would get ZERO movement at all.  Welcome to "World of Draws!"

OP, I like this idea, but tanks with the Commander\Loader\whoever that is the radio man, does this mean we will have to retrain the commander to something else, and if the radioman dies(zero fucks given at the moment) sixth sense is now a killable thing? 

Shfty©

FTFY

Yes make the game that much more campy, instead of moving till spotted you would get ZERO movement at all.  Welcome to "World of Draws!"

OP, I like this idea, but tanks with the Commander\Loader\whoever that is the radio man, does this mean we will have to retrain the commander to something else, and if the radioman dies(zero fucks given at the moment) sixth sense is now a killable thing? 

Shfty©

You Sir are a moron - the game worked just fine without the fucking 6th sense. Back in the days it was less camping, not only because of 6th sense, but a big part of the skill set a good player needed was to be able to determine when he s spotted or when and where he will get spotted. Nowdays with 6th sense its fucking retarded - poke out, back up wait for the light bulb, and if it doesnt come move ... fucking game mechanic for noobs.

Mommy still wiping your ass?

even though folter is being a dick about it he is right.. 6th sense is a shitty game mechanic.

i understand why it was implemented though, helps a new player to compete with more experienced ones.

You Sir are a moron - the game worked just fine without the fucking 6th sense. Back in the days it was less camping, not only because of 6th sense, but a big part of the skill set a good player needed was to be able to determine when he s spotted or when and where he will get spotted. Nowdays with 6th sense its fucking retarded - poke out, back up wait for the light bulb, and if it doesnt come move ... fucking game mechanic for noobs.

Mommy still wiping your ass?

Folter is butthurt because he can't artypoop on unsuspecting pubbies anymore.

Because that was a problem before sixth sense?

I doubt it will be one afterwards.

There is absolutely no discussion when it comes to pre SS wot. The game was harder, it required more skill and situational awareness and that made scouts harder to play but raised skill ceiling way way higher. Pre SS wot was less campy, because it you had 2 grams of brain matter you would move as soon as you fired, and now, people just spam shots until light bulb shows. SS dulled the game a lot for top players.

Incoming main forum posts about "HOW I GET THAT LIT BULB GO AWAY ITS ANNOYING". It's nearly as distracting as the little square thing with the dots.

LOL!... anyway, tomatoes and 6th sense: it sounds like a contradiction in terms to me...

Well this is nice. I get free sixth sense which makes all of my tanks that much easier to play. I also get BiA much much more easily now.

Swish. Nothing will save retard pubbies though, so nothing will change.

Personally I train Sixth Sense on all my tanks (LTs, MTs and TDs). If they make it easier to get, less crew grind for me. If they remove it completely, I'll just adapt. Would be interesting to play LTs without the enemy knowing exactly when they're lit up.

Also, someone earlier mentioned that Sixth Sense gives (learning) players instant feedback on camo and spotting mechanics. On a completely unrelated note, I think it would be great if in replays it showed you where the red team was even when they're not spotted, which tank on your team is spotting them when they are spotted, and vice versa, so that players can see how to probably scout and double blush.

It may come as second nature to the better players, but for most of us, discovering post-match exactly where the enemy was and how he was able to light you could help a lot with learning. On more than one occasion I've thought to myself "how the hell did I get spotted?" (Always due to my own mistakes.) Being able to see it from the other team's point of view would really help.

Should have just removed it. Or reworked it. It might have been interesting to make the light bulb only appear after you have been spotted and restealthted. That way you don't know when you are being spotted but once you are no longer being spotted the light bulb would appear letting you know you were spotted just moments ago.

I think other way is to just have the skill for light tanks above tier 5.

Still bad idea to make the skill work once radioman reaches 100%. Should have been that it is always on. But the incentive to use gold to get 100% radioman is kinda too obvious... Buy skills for gold. This will probably be implemented for the rest of crews as well with the coming "rework".

I wouldn't mind them removing it if they doubled map sizes, and changed spotting to spot what you see like any other shooter. Otherwise fuck that.