Peripherals are probably the most overlooked part of a gamer's arsenal, but can actually make a huge difference in play. During my MMO phase (WoW mostly) I purchased the Razer Anansi and also picked up a Razer Deathadder. I used those for a while, and then when I began to enter different games, I realized how total trash a keyboard the Anansi really is and picked myself up a Das. No regrets with that decision. I then replaced my Deathadder with a second-hand Mamba I bought from a friend. I am here now, and considering purchasing a new mouse. At this point I realize that there is not currently and resource on these forums for people to share opinions on peripherals. That seems a bit silly, doesn't it?

So here it it, the Peripheral thread! I feel the need for a place for people to talk about their experiences with different products is pretty high. Here, I'll start! Do not buy the Anansi unless you are really into MMOs, because it is not very responsive, not great to type on and has serious ghosting issues. 

Anyone else have something they wanna share? As far as I know, there isn't any thread where a discussion like this can occur, so shoot!

My keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. The only problems I've ever had with it is that one of the keys has a slightly dimmer backlight than the others, and that the L key occasionally fails to click, but only rarely.

My mouse is a ROCCAT Kone[+], which I don't really regret buying, as it's very comfortable and looks nice, but there is a minor problem. It just spazzes out sometimes, and the cursor doesn't know which way to go.

My monitor is probably my favourite peripheral, and I will only get rid of it when either it stops working, or when 5K IPS monitors come down in price. It's the Dell UltraSharp U2711 (2560x1440), and it's absolutely beautiful. I bought it when it was $900AUD.

Dude wtf you dissappear on me in ts :(

Corsair Raptor K50, great keyboard for the price, software is a bit lackluster though.

Razer Naga 2012: this mouse is my babe, love everything about this beauty (you're a beauty too _Drazzir)

EDIT: How could I forget my Razer Kraken Pro's? Absolutely love that headset, so comfortable and doesn't hurt my ears listening to Drazzir in ts

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX.

One payment comes with a 3-year warranty supply of replacements, actual mouse lasts about 6 months.

My keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. The only problems I've ever had with it is that one of the keys has a slightly dimmer backlight than the others, and that the L key occasionally fails to click, but only rarely.

Hey, I have an Ultimate as well! I also have a Madcatz RAT 9 (not the best choice, flaky drivers and hardware, but actually fits my hand.) However, not really a peripheral, but my pride and joy is my HP ZR30w 2560 by 1600 IPS monitor. So smooth...

Errants we have the same exact things, what is this sorcery.

i.imgur.com/4M7TSP8.png

I guess you cant paste in urls/imgs on ipad?

I have a Corsair Raptor HS40 7.1 Surround headset, a Razer BF4 Taipan Ambidextrous mouse, a Razer BF4 Blackwidow Ultimate, and a Razer BF4 Destructor II 10" x 14" mousepad. (Yes, I used to be a Battlefield geek.) Every piece of hardware is a deadly weapon for a gamer. A proper positional audio headset allows you to take advantage of reloads. A comfortable typing and movement. A sensitive, heavy mouse lets you hit weakpoints with ease. However, the most overlooked part is the mousepad. A good mousepad keeps you happy.

Leopold full-size Cherry Red switches

Logitech G700s

Steelseries SX mousepad (I love this pad)

Sennheiser HD555 (foam-modded to 595), also loud enough to act as a speaker on its own

$5 Zalman clip-on mic

Razer is shite.

Oh god, I'm so ashamed. Laptop, so laptop keyboard. Old Dell mouse from computer than came with Windows ME, wired of course. And a $20 Logitech headset that has served me well enough, except that wearing it long periods of time tend to hurt my ears.

This is more of a question, but does anyone have experience with Audioengine A2+ Desktop Speakers? Thinking of getting them.

My peripherals are as follows:

Steel series mechanical keyboard

Logitech M60 mouse I got on sale

Altec Lansing speakers (Used and cheap)

an Acer H236HL monitor

a Dell ST 2320L monitor

and a Logitech G35 headset.

The keyboard is nice, and while expensive for someone with my money, works well. Mouse is the same, especially since I got it for about 35$ in Canada while getting a PSU, so shipping was negligible. Speakers were 15$, meant to be surround sound but I only have Rear+Center+Subwoofer set up (Missing two). I don`t even know the model for those, but the guy I bought it from seemed to think it was 80 dollars-ish range. The two monitors are nice, both being 23-ish inches and 1080p. I would recommend the Acer monitor over the Dell, but the Dell is older by a year. Headset is not what I would consider ideal, when factoring in price. Audio is slightly fuzzy, and tinny, but I bought a headset so I did not expect to much audio quality wise.

Heh.  

Logitech something or other keyboard.  Low profile, back lighting on keys, had it about 7 years now.

Logietech m705 wireless mouse, was free from work after my thumb trackball finally died.  Moving from a trackball to a mouse was Hard.  Used to be deadly with a trackball, but over long periods of gaming my thumb joints would start to ache, decided not to replace it and just go with a mouse, *gasp* wireless.

7.1 wireless headset, love the surround sound.

Track IR

Saitek Rudder pedals

X55 rhino HOTAS

dual monitor, cause nothings better than gaming while watching midget p..... wait, what? 

thinking I may be able to do without the HOTAS, but still reserving judgement.  flying with a mouse is just plain easier.  Joysticks are very much a skill based item and I don't fly enough to get the required muscle memory to be really effective.

I've considered upgrading the mouse, but I seem to be doing just fine with this one in FPS games, might just wait until it kicks the bucket before getting a upgrade.

The road down Peripheral Lane is paved with gold...

Corsair K90 keyboard

Steelseries Sensei mouse

Steelseries aluminium mousepad

TrackIR 5 Pro

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Combat Rudders

LittleDot MK1+ Hybrid tube headphone amp

Grado SR325is headphones

Antlion Modmic

3 x 27 inch monitors in portrait mode running 3240x1920

And yes, it does feel good. Only issue with the entire setup is that the wife hates hearing me play through the open Grado headphones, but hey, it was either that or the living room surround sound.

Saitek Eclipse II keyboard, Logitech G500 mouse. I can't be trusted with wireless peripherals, they have to be physically chained to the desk or I lose them.

I don't have a headset. There may come a day when I don't feel ridiculous and incredibly uncomfortable talking to strangers through my computer, but that day is not today.

Dude wtf you dissappear on me in ts :(

Corsair Raptor K50, great keyboard for the price, software is a bit lackluster though.

Razer Naga 2012: this mouse is my babe, love everything about this beauty (you're a beauty too _Drazzir)

EDIT: How could I forget my Razer Kraken Pro's? Absolutely love that headset, so comfortable and doesn't hurt my ears listening to Drazzir in ts

I was tired and needed mah sleepz.

$20 HP keyboard.

Logitech G500s mouse.

Also, cordless for gaming? Heathen.

It's a wired mouse with woreless capabilities. I run it wired.

Since I am part of the not-very-tech-savy group when it comes to gaming hard ware I used to use a old Logitech mouse and very crappy headsets until some time ago.
The decision to upgrade had been made earlier, but I just don't know a lot about the subject so I asked two hard ware savvy friends: One told me to go razer cuz its good while the other told me that razer was not optimal.
The end reslut was that WoT marketing got me fully. Guess what I currently use... (the only regret I have is that my ap top's sound card does not seem to work well with the Kraken's microphone because of the uniport. Googling just got me the result to use an external sound card, so I currently use one of my old mics with my brand new head set...). On a side note: The Pz IV Hydro is not a very good tank even though it looks great.

I can never justfy buying expensive keyboard. Paying 100$+ for 10 keys ill use 99% of time? Seems kinda excessive. So buying a cheap keyboard is way more practical + i can eat at my computer without feeling guilty of getting crumbs in my keys + i can smash my fist from time to time knowing if i brake it i can just buy a new one.

Mouse nad headset on the other hand, now thats something you hold/use all the time, a decent purchase is a must.

Logitech G400

Speedlink Medusa Headset

10$ keyboard with on/off button and media keys i never use.

I can never justfy buying expensive keyboard. Paying 100$+ for 10 keys ill use 99% of time? Seems kinda excessive. So buying a cheap keyboard is way more practical + i can eat at my computer without feeling guilty of getting crumbs in my keys + i can smash my fist from time to time knowing if i brake it i can just buy a new one.

Mouse nad headset on the other hand, now thats something you hold/use all the time, a decent purchase is a must.

Logitech G400

Speedlink Medusa Headset

10$ keyboard with on/off button and media keys i never use.

Them cherry mx brown keys tho