FrodoTSolo

I am scared of the future (FTR post)

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/10/03/evilly-qa-at-igromir/

- there will be a global HE shell rebalance, the developers will also collect HESH statistics (for rework). Murazor (SS: known WG videomaker) proposed that the HE round would “temporarily kill” (stun) the entire crew for 3-5 seconds, the developers liked the idea

So imagine tanks that have a sub 5 second reload perma-stunning your crew.  I know, fear mongering and all, but this is WG who has rarely implemented something correctly the first go around.

First it was the annoyance of being perma-tracked... now you could be completely ineffective.

RU-251

Screw that, T49 stunning 3 tanks at a time. Could disable an entire corner peekaboom fight long enough for them to get rolled.

More worried about the post lowering gold shell alpha.

I mean, I don't use it that much but doesnt seem fair to heat at the very least

More worried about the post lowering gold shell alpha.

I mean, I don't use it that much but doesnt seem fair to heat at the very least

Gold shells are a problem because the balance of many tanks revolve primarily around silver rounds. Gold rounds were expected to be too expensive to be liberally sprayed, but clearly cost alone is not enough, at least not as shell costs stand stand. Some other balancing measure has to be introduced and alpha reduction is an option. That said, I would bet on it not happening for the foreseeable future and not worry overmuch.

In any case, I don't see an issue with fairness. Both APCR and HEAT generally create smaller holes than equal calibre AP would. IRL, a single good penetration would generally be enough to take out a tank anyway, regardless of what kind of shell it is and of what calibre.

Lowering gold shell alpha is something I've wanted for a long time. Can't bother to learn to shoot? Take a DPM reduction.

my maus will finally take longer to kill for the annoying people that manage to RNG 1/2 their heat rounds through my angled turret (~330 effective), I'm happy

Sweet, perhaps we get to stun-lock opposing tanks? Stuns and other mechanisms that take away control from a player generally do not make for good gameplay in PVP. I sincerely hope that is one change that doesn't go through, I can't see how the game will benefit.

I'm not saying lowering alpha is a bad idea... just that heat is considered to be inferior to apcr so that should be taken into account.

Increasing the cost should also work too. These rounds for most of the era of tanks were not very common relative to AP, and another price increase should reflect that.

I'm not saying lowering alpha is a bad idea... just that heat is considered to be inferior to apcr so that should be taken into account.

Increasing the cost should also work too. These rounds for most of the era of tanks were not very common relative to AP, and another price increase should reflect that.

That didn't stop people from running full HESH 183's or full HEAT T-54's or T69's, why would it do anything on other tanks?

If this is implemented, I WILL play arty to show everyone the potential fun to be had. Also, even if the stun duration is a lot shorter, think of the stupid shenanigans you can pull off in a platoon of 3 people using a mix of HE and AP.

Maybe WG just didn't think you could pad enough without also being able to permastun: I can already envision the 3-man T57 heavy platoons, where two of them have loaded HE.

If this really comes the FV304 will be the utter doom of everything that is on its receiving end. If the stun is long enough to delay repairs (would be logical if the crew is stunned) it could potentially perma track heavies and not only just TDs like it does now...

Back when the Type 64's APCR only did 110 avg dmg as compared to the AP's 115, I used to carry a 2-3:1 or so ratio of AP:APCR and use mostly AP and do just fine, only using the APCR on harder targets. It actually worked pretty well too... but now that theres no drawback i just spam APCR because of that #swag

I think another price increase may help stem use but I mean I guess some people may just grind credits that much harder. I think both should be tried. Just don't want to see heat become more useless relative to APCR as it is