SFC_Storm

Leave my T95 alone AKA T95 is not FUGLY IRL

Most people dont really know much about the T95 program. I have taken years of studying it ever since I started the T110 armor thread.

The T95 program was the true father of all MBT`s. It was the first laminated armor that worked [wasnt fielded because cost alone but worked and was amazing] It had a SB gun firing APDS and Darts and was more powerful than the L7 gun. It had many of the first MBT features ever, since it was not chosen because politics and money was forgotten.

They keep making ugly T95/96`s when in reality it was a sexy streamlined looking AMX30 type tank. Look at how fugly this is http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/10/03/straight-outta-supertest-t95e2/

Here is there ugly models vs the real sexy ones....

t95_e6_2.jpg

Look at this POS, head looks huge for its body.

Turret is to big in scale IMO, it is also to far back. It doesnt have the right track girth....The hull looks puny and weak and the turret enormous. In reality the T95 and 110 were basically the same size so why would the turret be so large?

Now the real T96 in all its sexiness. Notice the turret size difference. Where you see the fuel tanks is where the actual turret ends. Look at the wheels the real turret ends on the last wheel in the beginning where the model is much further. All in all it looks not only bigger but offset back as well.

The real turret mantlet starts behind the first road wheel and ends at the beginning if the last road wheel.

The model starts almost the mid 1st road wheel and ends mid last road wheel. We are talking 4ft longer overall turret and probably wider to keep scale....Fail.

t95usa.jpg

quiz123.jpg

Look at how much beefier and formidable it looks. Also from the exact side you can see how the turrets fit much better.

Now look at how off the turret side is from the top to the real thing here.

Here you can see the drawing showing clearly.

T95e6drawing-1.jpg

True many of these have 105mm guns but the turrets didn`t change much at all. In fact many of the 30 Pilot tanks were just 7 tanks that had everything mounted on them.

The theory in part was to make a modular tank design allowing us to customize for our roles similar to how we now use mostly M4`s/HK416 with various sight options and even diff calibers to fulfill all the roles.

Also look at how much smaller the tumor is in the drawings.

Now here is the T95e2 in RL where you can see it in the FTR article up top.

T-95_tank.jpg

This tank is by far the FUgliest and yet still 1 million times better looking than wots...

0BGkNkeAqf4.jpg

Come on....

So seriously this makes me mad. I have been leading the charge for the T95 and T110 with my T110e5 armor thread since Closed Beta. They already made the E5 totally unlike what it was in RL, but I didnt care as at least they made it very competitive.

But now they butcher the T95/96 in looks and murder the entire philosophy. It has thin armor because these armor thicknesses where based off laminates/glass which was 30-40% more effec vs AP and 300% more effec vs HEAT

I understand they can`t use the real armor as 95 would be OP in every way. It would have something like 275mm vs AP and 450+ vs HEAT as well as have a gun more powerful than a L7.

But what they could do is not use one of the thinnest designs that was only a PILOT to work out turret mounting etc.

Ford put out the best T96 offer there was. It contained 65 degree sloped 110mm Armor [Later M60 stole this exact layout] meaning similar armor to a T54/Cent in many ways. It also was going to have its 700 HP Engine later designed for the M60 at 750 HP.

So since they have so many options from the same years they can make this a truly legit T10 med and not some weird gimmick reward tank.

Save the T95/96, I rather it just not be in game than them ruin it.

Lastly look at the AMX 30, Leo 1 and M60 and tell me it was not the inspiration for the them :)

amx30_202.jpg

t95m1966_001.jpg

As far as I know the 105mm armed "standard" model is supposed to be the 2nd t10 US med, eventually. Or so it's been stated in a Q & A somewhere or the other. Though WG will probably exaggerate the shit out of the tumor because that's what they do.

But the T95 is a tank destroyer!

There's also another T95 (they called it T95E6) in the game files with a similar turret to the one in the drawing on the OP :

1412457428-usa-t95-e6.png

Apparently this one has a 120mm gun.

the more i read your thread, the more i stuggled to sympathize with your cause. yes the e5 is in game and a good tank beyond that who cares? other than murica fanboys. the 95 will never be implemented for the sole reason its smoothbore which you of course already know.yet you insist on rallying to the cause of a tank that which wargaming has already stated due to gaming balance cannot be implemented so what exactly is the point of this thread if not for you to whinge about a tank that is/will not ever be included?

the more i read your thread, the more i stuggled to sympathize with your cause. yes the e5 is in game and a good tank beyond that who cares? other than murica fanboys. the 95 will never be implemented for the sole reason its smoothbore which you of course already know.yet you insist on rallying to the cause of a tank that which wargaming has already stated due to gaming balance cannot be implemented so what exactly is the point of this thread if not for you to whinge about a tank that is/will not ever be included?

T49.

If I'm going to be totally honest here, I would consider the Centurions and the T-55 the first true main battle tanks. Yes, they were technically mediums, but for their time, they combined the speed and ease of production of a medium with the protection of a heavy and adequate guns to defeat enemy armor at significant ranges.

I would like to see a line ending in the 120mm-armed T95E6 though. Start it off with the current T20 at Tier 7, old T23 at Tier 8, T95E2/105mm at Tier 9, and the T95E6 with 420 alpha/2750 DPM and similar gun handling to the T20's 90mm at Tier 10 (0.38 accuracy, 2.7 second aim time, same bloom stats)

The theme of the line would be weak armor with gradually more and more effective turrets, high alpha for medium tanks, consistently great gun depression, and good speed/vision, which trade off gun handling for having that alpha and DPM. I don't think that they would be OP at all in the current meta.

Kind of like the STB, but with a more derpy gun and less DPM in exchange for higher alpha and reliable turret armor. Arty would be a major issue for them though, and they have those massive cupolas with little armor. I would personally love to have a tank like that not be a reward. The T95E7 should be the CW reward tank.

so you want all smoothbores to be modified to derpcannons to fit into wot? the t49s a gimmick.

You seem to both lack imagination and not realize there were t95/t96s equipped with rifled guns. 

so you want all smoothbores to be modified to derpcannons to fit into wot? the t49s a gimmick.

T49 (The real T49, the 152mm and M551 turret were on a different hull) was rifled for a bit I think, since the smoothbore cannon did not perform well in tests.

T49 (The real T49, the 152mm and M551 turret were on a different hull) was rifled for a bit I think, since the smoothbore cannon did not perform well in tests.

Yes, it had very shallow rifling applied after intiial tests due to the horrid reliability/accuracy in normal combat ranges.

Either way, we already have a smoothbore in this game. IIRC someone mentioned one of the 85mm guns on the WZ-132 is actually a smoothbore a while back (by a while i mean a year ago...)

I think there is starting to be a slow realization that all smoothbore cannons are not Rheinmetal 120mms. Nor does WG apparently feel the need to give cannons that shot missiles their missiles simply because historical, which seems reasonable to me.

What?

The 95 is being implemented..... Also the E5 is basically a lightly larger plan of the T95. E4 and E3 are more fiction.

Seriously IDK WTF you are saying, these tanks are coming, I am saying they simply need to be better or more accurate.

Its true when I first started the E5 Armor thread years ago we barely had any info other than my neighbor who was a designer for Ford on the project and Hunnicuts books on MBT design. Now we have got the Chieftan who has archived info on it and tons of experts on tanks getting interested as they all realise this is the father of all MBT`s [well not counting Pershing or T54]

Anyways, the tanks are coming and just like they made the E5 have 254mm thick nose and a 265+ [effective] UFP they also need to make the T95 in the same "We cant add this feature, but we can make up for it like this..."

As I said SB 105mm wont be added, fine. The 105mm Rifled gun was more powerful than the L7 105mm, also they had a Semi-Smooth bore design in both 90mm and 105mm that both were amazing. Also as I said instead of using the thin 95mm, why not use the thickest 110mm instead so it could be more like the "Glass " armor but not be actual glass armor.

The T95 had soooo many options to it, as far as balance goes they could make the perfect T10 med and T9 but if they keep ruining  the models like the T96 that could be unique and inline, well then they will run out of options.

If I'm going to be totally honest here, I would consider the Centurions and the T-55 the first true main battle tanks. Yes, they were technically mediums, but for their time, they combined the speed and ease of production of a medium with the protection of a heavy and adequate guns to defeat enemy armor at significant ranges.

I would like to see a line ending in the 120mm-armed T95E6 though. Start it off with the current T20 at Tier 7, old T23 at Tier 8, T95E2/105mm at Tier 9, and the T95E6 with 420 alpha/2750 DPM and similar gun handling to the T20's 90mm at Tier 10 (0.38 accuracy, 2.7 second aim time, same bloom stats)

The theme of the line would be weak armor with gradually more and more effective turrets, high alpha for medium tanks, consistently great gun depression, and good speed/vision, which trade off gun handling for having that alpha and DPM. I don't think that they would be OP at all in the current meta.

Kind of like the STB, but with a more derpy gun and less DPM in exchange for higher alpha and reliable turret armor. Arty would be a major issue for them though, and they have those massive cupolas with little armor. I would personally love to have a tank like that not be a reward. The T95E7 should be the CW reward tank.

Both the cent and T55 would then be by far blown away by the Pershing. Pershing basically was all the way  M47 which was only a few tweaks from M48.

Also, in 1945 a 90mm was a heavy gun on a tank as fast as a med but with heavy armor.

However a Cent did not have a heavies gun which was then basically all 120mm`s. Also T55 did not have a heavies gun for its time. They were mediums because they had medium guns.

The T95 however had Armor of a heavy [due to Glass tech] Gun with power of a heavy [Do to SB and wicked OP barrel pressure.] and included 120mm options all while staying under 45 tons and having large Power to Weight.

Next I never want a "Derpier than STB" tank...Lel

I like your lineup however, I like the -8 depression solid turret, solid front weak everything else low alpha needler type tanks.

I think the perfect thing for a T95 would be 105mm SemiSmooth or 120mm options. 105mm would be a puny 300 DMG even with amazing Pen of 275 and high same 5.5 sec reload of 140. Lets be honest If we made a US tank as OP as a 140 it would be nerfed in a day so it has to give somewhere.

By adding the 120mm you lose tons of top end speed as the weight was hard to balance and not break welds. So 105mm would be 3k DPM at 300 DMG while 120mm would be 400 at 2800 DPM one with 48 KPH and other 40.

I think we need to give more options to these tanks starting now so that WG wont have to redo this when they split hulls. T54 should now be a 100mm hull the way it moves etc.

But one thing I know is your 2.7 sec aimtime+420 alpha would be terribad on a weak hull armor`d tank that needs to use hulldown....Hulldown is vanishing enough, now add Chinese like bloom and only getting 420 DMG and 280 0DPM and that is truly bad. 121 would be superior in all brawling. And E5`s would shit on it with bouncing.