Panzer9Supertiger

Panzer9's solo challenge/improvement thread(T-34-3)

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many games?

2. 2. What winrate do you expect when I'm done?

• <50% :/
    • 51%-53%
    • 54%-56%
    • 57%-59%
    • >60%(May I ask what drugs you are on?)

To give something of a forward; hi all, I'm Panzer9. I used to be a window licker. Or rather, more so than I do now. Then I found wotlabs forums, back when it was first starting up(Summer 2013 iirc). I'm definitely not the most vocal or "active" member but I do lurk here extremely often, so I'd like to think I'm not a total outcast here.

Recently I've been going through a regression period. I used to be able to hold ~2600-2700 wn8 with 60%-63% wins with maybe 60%/40% platooned/solo playing my normal tanks. But now, I'm seriously faltering. I'm legit happy to have even blue stats, which is kinda of paradoxical considering I used to ragequit at anything less than purple.

So anyway, literally the only thing I've been doing differently is playing this.... thing, the T-34-3. Considering I don't even play Chinese tanks I have no idea why I even bought it, but not much to be done about it now. It's made me realize; I was never good. A good player excels in all tanks, no excuses, no bullshit. And I can't do that. I'm just another mediocre green/blue. And I hate that, and hope this will do something to change that. Just to screencap my current stats:

2zxnwqw.jpg

Disregard the winrate, it's extremely platoon padded.

Essentially I'll play a certain number of solo games in this tank(to be decided in the poll), with all replays provided of coarse. I have mine set up in the rather unorthodox Garbadic manner:

9t1j5l.jpg

I'll honestly be happy if I can pull dark blue stats out of this. If any purples; actually, anyone at all, would watch the replays and give some feedback I'd be very grateful. Any other thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

TBH I'm not sure the T-34-3 is the best tank to measure yourself in.  Its a very RNG dependent tank, and not particularly strong, either.  58% in the T-34-3 is probably carrying as hard as 65% in an IS-6.

What about after the buff?

What about after the buff?

I haven't seen anything on FTR explaining what the buff will be, and we'd need to see the effects first-hand in global winrate to judge it.

I haven't seen anything on FTR explaining what the buff will be, and we'd need to see the effects first-hand in global winrate to judge it.

.46 => .4 acc

~1600 => ~1800 DPM

.46 => .4 acc

~1600 => ~1800 DPM

The biggest problem with it seems to be the massive bloom and aim time, coupled with the lack of armor (it's a medium though) and -3 degrees of gun depression making it hard to get in fully aimed shots and make good trades.

The biggest problem with it seems to be the massive bloom and aim time, coupled with the lack of armor (it's a medium though) and -3 degrees of gun depression making it hard to get in fully aimed shots and make good trades.

And your point is? That all 122mm bearing tanks are bad? That all tanks with -3 gun depression are bad?

And who gives a shit what the global win rate is?

TBH I'm not sure the T-34-3 is the best tank to measure yourself in.  Its a very RNG dependent tank, and not particularly strong, either.  58% in the T-34-3 is probably carrying as hard as 65% in an IS-6.

I see. I guess that's reason enough to do another challenge in a different tank once I finish with this.

.46 => .4 acc

~1600 => ~1800 DPM

I think that will help a lot if it happens, gives RNG much less room to screw you over, and when it does it will hurt a little less.

I'll start playing tomorrow, too tired/burned out from tanks now.

And your point is? That all 122mm bearing tanks are bad? That all tanks with -3 gun depression are bad?

And who gives a shit what the global win rate is?

All I'm saying is that the combination of characteristics that make it unique also make it incredibly hard to learn for newer players, although maybe not for good players.

Also, global win-rate vs. player win-rate charts are how tanks are balanced, and determine generally how much a player will win in any given tank with normal game-play tendencies and no outlying factors to boost or lower it.

.46 => .4 acc

~1600 => ~1800 DPM

Then storm came out and said it wasnt getting a buff...Oh wait no Veider said it. Eitherway it was said later it wasnt getting a buff.

Played 5 games today(would have done more but I was having my internet checked out, apparently the cables have been deteriorating >.>). By my standards, I think this is a strong start:

2crsp6c.png

Winrate = 60%

DPG = 1987

Replays: http://www.fileswap.com/folder/y4sWjvoD/

Game 1, cliffs: I thought I might be able to spot through the forward bush and light their heavies, but the T37 cockblocked me and spotted me for orbital mr sexiiness. After that I saw both flanks were falling, and chose to try to help east rather than mid. Big mistake, even though even if I did support mid I was likely prolonging the inevitable

Game 2, arctic region: I rush for the wall with our Type, and we destroy their attacking force via crossfire. I trade a bit with the KV-5, but then I realize I'm not so sure base will hold. I leave the KV-5 to be zerged, and I rtb. Thankfully the KV-5 does infact get zerged, and we envelop what's left of the other flank as they try to turn around to defend their own cap.

Game 3, komarin: not much to be said, I derped around, spotted things, and sometimes got flank shots. I'm glad I anticipated their heavies would go mid, I wouldn't have fared well at all had I tried to go there.

Game 4, kharkov: Team melted far to quickly for me to output enough damage to save them, imo.

Game 5, swamp: I was somewhat surprised to see their cent 7/1 rushing where he did, but I and my team broke his support and then moved in and finished him. After that it was just mop up.

Another 5 games today:

2jb87l.png

Winrate = 80%

DPG = 1906.5

Replays: http://www.fileswap.com/folder/UoujvX6N/

I'm going to stop writing up every game, as I'm too lazy/don't have enough time. Only significant one(aside from the 0 damage derp) was this carry performance(thank RNJesus, Mao, and whoever else I should be praying to for guiding my derpy 122 shells)

http://wotreplays.com/site/1223919#redshire-panzerixsupertiger-t-34-3

Played 10 games, internet went full retard this session, meaning I DCed twice near the start, and one of those I wasn't able to load back in before the game ended. As such, ADU stats won't be available this time :/. I had 2013 DPG over the 9 last games(not counting the 0 damage DC at the start), so I'm going to be working under the assumption that works out to 1800 DPG.

Winrate = 56.66%

DPG =1758.83

Replays:

http://www.fileswap.com/folder/8srEFZvS/

(for my own reference, session WR was 60%)

Played 10 games, got mad cause low winrate, played 10 more because that will clearly help.

2czpkx3.png

Halfway point, 50 games done. Really not pleased with myself so far.

Winrate = 54%

DPG = 1653.5

Notice the amount of times I rage at arty(and how much pubbies try to tell me to learn to play for it). Sigh, working as intended.

(For my own reference, first set of 10 was 1335 dpg average, second set was 1656.2 dpg average)

Replays: http://www.fileswap.com/folder/3XJa9LmT/

Interesting that you average nearly as much DPG as I did yet your win rate is ~15% lower.  Any theories?

I'd attribute it partly to small sample size, and partly due to how inconsistent I play. Notice how few middling games I have, either total derps or carries(at least on paper). I'm hoping I'll be able to improve that in the next 50.

I would think Cuni would be the one to talk to about the 34dash3. He is pretty knowledgeable about the thing and is a Chinese tank whore <3

He taught me some important things about the tank: it sucks without the proper equipment, food, and a 5 perk crew :)

Played 10 further games today. Again, not very inspiring. ADU sats down again, and I erased by first 2 games by accident from my session stats :/. Winrate was 50%, DPG was ~1550.

WR = 53.33%

DPG = 1653.54(could someone check my math on that? I'm not certain.)

Replays: http://www.fileswap.com/folder/eUoyrlkx/