jimjim975

Anyone else think that the T30 is massively OP

- Its quite slow.

- Does not have very good camo.

- Armour is terrible, all it has is the turret which does not hold up very well against tier 10 guns, along with a turret roof that can be overmatched by 120mm.

- Gun handling is pretty bad.

I do not consider it OP at all.

After about 300 battles, you start to realize the play style of the tank and how to do well in it. With a good crew and a GLD it makes for a great sniper. I can pen pretty much everything, even a Maus if it's turned the correct way. If you're never seen you won't be hit. Playing it as a heavy in a tier 10 game is pretty much suicide, use it as a sniper and you can rack up the damage easily.

Hmmm interesting, are you actually schooling PityFool and implying he knows shite about how to play it while he tries to enlighten you m8?

* prepurs popcorn *

I wasnt trying to cause any problems with pityfool lmao. Im just saying its my favorite tier 9 because it just completely wrecks everything it goes up against. If you have support with you its an absolute beast.

After about 300 battles, you start to realize the play style of the tank and how to do well in it. With a good crew and a GLD it makes for a great sniper. I can pen pretty much everything, even a Maus if it's turned the correct way. If you're never seen you won't be hit. Playing it as a heavy in a tier 10 game is pretty much suicide, use it as a sniper and you can rack up the damage easily.

Since I'm grinding up to the T30, thanks for the info, I would have ended up playing this thing like a heavy due to the fact it used to be one. Although, is it effective to play it like a heavy in a platoon with other T30's (Theoretically they can cover each other's reload like old KV-1s or KV-2 platoons)? Also can it be played like a heavy if you use the 120mm instead (basically play it like a better version of the T34)?

I am for sure no one to talk about stats, but you really consider the T30 OP?

jimjim975 - T30

Kill/Death Ratio 1.15

Damage Caused/Received 1.23

Average Number of Vehicles Destroyed per Battle 0.83

Average Damage Caused per Battle 1,771

With a winrate of 50%? Really ?

If you put out 3K to 4K damage and make still 1.5K in a bad game - you seem to have many many bad games and very few good ones considering the average damage caused/battle. When I check the wnexpected table is says: expacted damag: 1789.28 - so for 1560 WN8 your average damage in this tank is still not enough. So given that you are more or less an average player doing the more or less expected average damage on a tynk - I'd never consider the T30 beeing OP. When I check the damage on T30 for good/skilled players I see: 2700 HP, 2500 HP ... but all of them have winrates >55% on that tank. So the players are OP, but the tank - in the hands of an average player - just performs on average level. Nothing I'd consider OP, but just average.

- Its quite slow.

- Does not have very good camo.

- Armour is terrible, all it has is the turret which does not hold up very well against tier 10 guns, along with a turret roof that can be overmatched by 120mm.

- Gun handling is pretty bad.

I do not consider it OP at all.

^^

Ragesold it after 20ish battles...

Why attack the OP based on his stats? I mean its fair to call his average performance into question, sure, but its not out of line with his overalls...

OP, do you have a trend to show the last say 100 battles compared to the total? A snapshot of recent performances would perhaps salve the wounds...but I expected a little more civility before jumping down his throat. Step up wotlabs.

I personally agree with Pity. 

It's a T34 with a bigger alpha gun and more HP.

Not OP.

Just because you can play a tank decently doesn't mean it's OP, because that implies that if a tank is not OP you would not be able to play it well.

Don't own one, but I consider them great big XP pinatas mostly.

All that huge, soft hull. Hmmm delicious.

That said I rarely see good players in t30s, mainly because that line is garbage from tier 6 up and nobody in their sane minds would touch it with a barge pole.

Only good thing about it is that it has a traversable turret and huge alpha. Rest is meh. It's ok TD. I'd say really nicely balanced. Not OP, not UP.

Valachio rates it OP.... end of discussion...

I kid, saw him play it recently and he was not enjoying it, downsides its sluggish, shit armor, gets rekt by arty, long reload. But due to its turret, alpha and pen its still decent.

The only thing to fear for me is the turret in a hull down position - and the 750 alpha gun.

Eat a shot, go close - et voila - the T30s done.

I don't consider the T30 to be much of a threat, when there are mediums on the enemy team. Their flexibility poses a way greater risk to any counter-tactic / movement on the field than a rather stationary tank.

But if it feels op for you, you certainly have found a tank which you can make work, and thats a good thing :)

Don't own one, but I consider them great big XP pinatas mostly.

All that huge, soft hull. Hmmm delicious.

That said I rarely see good players in t30s, mainly because that line is garbage from tier 6 up and nobody in their sane minds would touch it with a barge pole.

Oi, T25 is a very fun TD

Why attack the OP based on his stats? I mean its fair to call his average performance into question, sure, but its not out of line with his overalls...

OP, do you have a trend to show the last say 100 battles compared to the total? A snapshot of recent performances would perhaps salve the wounds...but I expected a little more civility before jumping down his throat. Step up wotlabs.

T30 TD US 9 128 46.09%

I ha around 200 to 250 battles with the 120, thinking t was better. My friend told me the 155 is better, thats when I started doing loads of damage.

That explains it just a bit - but still it's only 50% WR on this tank. Just compare it to the former KV-1S which was sort of OP ... any tank an average player can play on a much higher level than usual -> I'd consider at least slightly OP.

Ill see if I can screenshot my wotnumbers. Im a pretty average player, so 3k dmg as often as I get in the t30 is pretty unusual.

Yeah, but a few good games doesn't make a tank OP. Otherwise ANY tank should be considered OP at least the ones which were "aced" ... each ace tanker is a very good round - sometimes I'd consider even first class as very good rounds ...

Attack the OP based on HIS stats? Did not even intend this - ALL what I did - copied the TANK specific stats. The only thing which I said: he is an average player. If that's already considered as "jumping down his throat" - well, that was not the intention! I just wanted to put his subjective impression into reasonable numbers. If I could excel on any tank - this tank should be considered OP. And I think the same should count for the OP.

Oi, T25 is a very fun TD

/2 I assume?

It's ok. It's solid, I guess. Dependable. I'd much rather take my Tiger, Comet, T-34-1 or T20 out though.

I just wish it had the 105mm. Turret doesn't make up for the lack of tier+ firepower I crave in my TDs.

But yeah, tier 7 is ok. I guess. t28, t30 and E4 though. I've heard horribly horrid things.

Frankly, I gave up on the T25/2 before actually going to the T30, but I've faced lots of them. With support it's absolutely a deadly TD, but alone I don't feel it can carry it's weight, the turret armour and the alpha/pen is the only thing that it's really got going for it, and against any heavy or medium in the tier, it won't come out alive if it's alone. I don't think it's OP compared to other tier 9 TD's, the one I feel being hardest to deal with at medium ranges are the Obj. 704, I always manage to hit the gun....

I think the T30 is a great tank - I've got just shy of 1500 battles in it since it moved to tier 9 - but it's certainly not overpowered. It's got the power to turn a battle, but on its own it's definitely not a carry tank, and the mobility and ROF put a pretty hard cap on average performance. I've spent the past year (if not year and a half) trying to get my average damage up to 2400, and it's... not easy.

Unique? Yes. OP? No.