Capn Greg

Really high and really low WRs in certain tanks.

I'm getting there. My recent WN8 broke the green barrier about a week ago, and I'm aiming for the 1500 mark as we speak.

One thing however, that I didn't notice until recently, was just how my win rate was in some of the tanks I had played up to the E4, my first tier ten. During those days, I figured win rate was just something calculated by the magical matchmaking machine, and that there wasn't really a whole lot I could do to counter-balance a team of derps.

My view on that has matured. Now I understand the value of playing your very best in each match you go into. Sure, you're not gonna win them all, but you are the master of your own fate to a certain degree...

Sort of?

Take the T-43 in my numbers, for instance. Now, I would not call the T-43 a great tank for its tier, but that didn't keep me from doing well in it. After 155 battles, I have a 62% win rate in it. Nothing to complain about there. I platooned a lot with my friends, so that's probably a good explanation.

Take the VK. 3002M, a tank that I eventually grew to love. Hardly platting with anyone through that grind to the Panther and 164 battles later, 57%.

But hold on a second.

The tank I've spent the most time in out of everything else was my tier X grind from the T30, 419 battles, is something I'm not proud to admit having a 47% WR in... Now I had a good idea of how to play the thing, but... hmm.

T28 Proto? Well I could use it effectively; I got an ace tanker in the thing, but a 45% WR after 344 battles?

My FCM 50t, a tank which I really like! Don't even get me started...
128 battles, 38%

The Panther, a tank I also like, since its similar to the 3002M, 37%.

This is really bizarre to me. it's as if whenever I'm grinding for a day, one tank I'll play the living heck out of will have an abnormally high WR and I'll inadvertently do the inverse for another.

I'd like to figure this out, as I imagine by learning how to keep my WR will directly translate to improving my ability in the game. Is there anything really obvious I'm not aware of? Or is it just statistics (as in, the matchmaker's conclusion).

for me my winrate is almost always based on the speed of the tank I'm playing, but a lot of the tanks you mentioned are mediums (or at least fast) and have winrates much lower than even a bot would have sitting in cap doing nothing

Really weird, especially over 100 games

for me my winrate is almost always based on the speed of the tank I'm playing, but a lot of the tanks you mentioned are mediums (or at least fast) and have winrates much lower than even a bot would have sitting in cap doing nothing

Really weird, especially over 100 games

That's what I'm thinking. I was under the impression 30 or so was when it relatively evened out.

That's what I'm thinking. I was under the impression 30 or so was when it relatively evened out.

Not really. There's a ~27% chance that a 100-game run is 5% WR or more from where it should be, purely from random MM variation. Hence you can't really tell how well you played a tank purely on winrate, even if you play solo and you're a very consistent player.

I potatoes into the M48 Patton and E5 before I started... Really playing.

Go ahead and look at my Patton stats... Now, feel better about yourself.

I think its when you find the tank to allow you in a playstyle you're comfortable with.

Like how my M6 with 202 battle got 75.25% WR and my KV 1S (or now KV 85, haven't played the KV 85 yet, so its still purely of OP 1S) is 68.38% from 238 battles. Or T32 with 387 battle have 68.48% while Tiger 2 with 367 battle have 57.22%

Look at my T110E5 stats versus my other 9-10 tanks. I purchased the E5 the same patch gold ammo became public, and was utterly destroyed from gold spamming. I sold the tank and quit the game for about 6 months.

MM and game mechanics can utterly devastate you for a few hundred matches. 

T110E5 - 39.74%
M48A1 Patton - 54.86%
T-62A - 55.3%
M46 Patton - 55.69%
T-54 - 56.62%
T30 - 60.32%

In my T69 I'm sporting 32% wr. Not proud to say, probably half of those games were in a platoon and I spammed only HEAT. Even bought it back to try and rescue the WR, but I remembered after a few games that I hate tier 8 with a passion. And the T69.

Some tanks you just perform better in, they suit your playstyle, it comes more natural with handling and everything. And the ability to carry in a tank is very differrent from tank to tank. Like my T-54, that's amazing for carrying, sits at 65,68% wr after almost 700 battles, and that's after the mighty losing streak I had in it a while back.

The more you play a tank, the more you will truly know its strong and weak features, and how to max out the strong ones. But some tanks are just not meant to carry a team, they have a supporting role that depends on the team pulling their shit together, sadly. We all know that happens approx. never.

Please look at my stats for tanks, and compare the T69 to the other tier 8's in my garage Nurkus... You're not alone my friend

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/TheMarine0341/1000928644/

RU meds are freaking GREAT!!!... in someone else's hand. 

Patton and E50M? Wtf

Sometimes it's just luck or rather bad luck - nothing else.

I am currently grinding a few scouts and since I don't like to burden my platoonmates with them, I drive them purely in solopubs:

• Awfulpanther: 80% (25 games)
  • T37: 75% (12 games)
  • Chaffee: 50% (15 games)

In my opinion, the rebalanced Chaffe is the better tank for its tier than either the T37 or the Awfulpanther. However my winrate in it sucks. On the other hand the Awfulpanther may not be entirely awful but it doesn't perform well in the classical scout role. It's a scavenger tank. In other words: it is very bad at carrying games without competent teammates. Yet somehow I have a pretty epic winrate in it.

Historically, my second highest winrate in any tank is in the A-20 with 80.6% over 31 games, yet I sucked balls when I drove that tank 2 years ago.

My point: there is some luck involved in winrates. You may love a tank and perform well in it, yet your winrate may not show it.

Obviously, the effect of the luck of the draw (a.k.a. your teams) is biggest the smaller the sample of games played. Once you have played a big enough number of games your skill at handling a given tank should show in your winrate (if it doesn't you need to ask yourself what you do wrong in this tank). But even with significant samples outliers can remain (they just get a lot rarer).

Agree with the guy posting above me. I usually play very well in the T-62A when I do play it. Oddly enough over 220 battle of Object 140 I've seen multiple double digit losing streaks and amounts of bad luck I can't even try to comprehend. And it's not like the gameplay of RU mediums is that diverse... Getting the turret roof sniped at huge ranges by 183s and JagdE-100s almost every third battle or so is one of those nuisances

T95 55.17 % ( happy with this one I will creep at you like the plague and force you to deal with me, and it works)

Hell cat 36.17 % ( I just.... at the time.... that slow turret got me... I suck)

T21 62.50 % no clue really...ambush ambush  I guess worked out.  

My 50B has a 46 or 47% WR...  T62A is at 53%. Tooting my own horn only because this will quickly change, but my leo1 is around 63% at the moment :)

I'm currently grinding an ARL 44... So far so good, it has a whopping 33% WR. But not too many games yet so it's surely just bad luck and MM is rigged. Up until last night where I finally won a game in which I died, it was posting WR equal to it's survival rate...

The one in my garage I'm really embarrassed about though is the T71... I can 13 90 pretty well, so this shouldn't be too different right? lolnope, 42%.

Oh and I gave up on arty a while ago because I'm pretty bad at it (and think it's boring), overall SPG WR is 46%.

When I do this badly I tend to let them collect dust in the garage for months before I gather the courage to play them again.

Im trying to do the on track event so far the tier 3 and 4 have been very bad for my w/r......very bad

but there is not much of a better way to get up the line when budget is a concern

buying 4 prem tier 8s while drunk can hurt the wallet a little

I'm about a 95% solo pubbie , and for some reason I just can't play the Leo1 or STB-1 for the life of me...

All other tanks are ok i guess but the Leo and STB are a real weakness , so much i've even stopped playing them.

Something with those soft skin tanks that makes it impossible for me to make them work for me and the team. Maybe i'll just try and watch some of you "uniscums" how to play them.

I'm about a 95% solo pubbie , and for some reason I just can't play the Leo1 or STB-1 for the life of me...

All other tanks are ok i guess but the Leo and STB are a real weakness , so much i've even stopped playing them.

Something with those soft skin tanks that makes it impossible for me to make them work for me and the team. Maybe i'll just try and watch some of you "uniscums" how to play them.

Remember with the current corridor/brawling setup on most maps, these tanks are at a larger disadvantage (STB has it a bit better due to troll turret). While when you can get them to work, they work amazingly due to ability to flex, DPM, pen, and gun depression. You have to really know firing lines and not trade health in them early on while still being relevant to the match. On non-vision maps and early/mid game, the STB/Leo 1 win games due to attrition. All you can do is try and do more damage faster to them than they can do to your team. End game though they can both shine due to vision and speed. They are like a batchat that trades an autoloader for gun depression/soft stats.

When you start to have losing streaks in one tank, stop and run a different tank, worked for me so far too be honest.

Or go get shitfaced.

Not really. There's a ~27% chance that a 100-game run is 5% WR or more from where it should be, purely from random MM variation. Hence you can't really tell how well you played a tank purely on winrate, even if you play solo and you're a very consistent player.

Is there any quick and dirty way to approximate deviation of WR within desired confidence interval after a given number of battles? (I hope my attempt to remember proper terminology from the statistics classes makes sense...)