kunjuro

M4 Fury - is it worth buying? (Poll added)

Do you own the M4A3E8 Fury?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own the M4A3E8 Fury?

• Yes, I gave it a shot.
    • No, I think it's a waste of time
    • I don't have the money to get one, but I'd sure love to drive it!
  2. 2. How do you find the tank's performance?

• It was worth what I paid for it.
    • Terrible. I want my money back
    • Meh. Trophy tank.
    • I wish I had one regardless of how good or bad it is >_<

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/10/09/m4a3e8-fury-model-and-statistics/
Stats for the incoming M4A3E8 Fury.

Tier 6 US Medium tank (premium)
Hitpoints: 750
Weight: 34,237 tons

Engine: 520hp
Power to weight: 14,6 hp/t
Maximum speed: 41,8/18
Terrain resistance: 0,9/1,1/1,5
Traverse: 44 deg/s
Viewrange: 370
Radiorange: 570

Hull armor: 64/38/38
Turret armor: 64/64/64

Gun: 76mm M1A2
Penetration 128/177/38
Damage 115/115/185
DPM: 2090
Reload time: 3,3с
Rate of fire: 18,18
Accuracy: 0,4
Aimtime: 2,3с
Depression: -10/+25
Ammo: 71 shells

Thoughts? Is this worth buying?

Thoughts? Is this worth buying?

for 3k-3.5k gold? sure. for the $30 they'll insist on? absolutely not.

It would be instabuy with gold as a trainer and credit generator in strongholds.

$30 is a bit steep for tier 6 though.

There are rumors on the official forums that there may be a mission to be able to obtain the Fury in-game.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/392721-free-togs-for-all/page__st__140__pid__7915180#entry7915180

the only benefit i see is that it will be a US med crew trainer that isnt a super p. Still not worth $30. I'd rather just wait and hope the next campaign reward is the T95E6

So it's just a copy of the E8... but slow?

it's an e8 with the stock turret, m1a2, custom radio, buffed traverse and terrain resistance, and four tons of shit glued to the sides.

Doesn't the tech tree version get -12 depression?  

it's an e8 with the stock turret, m1a2, custom radio, buffed traverse and terrain resistance, and four tons of shit glued to the sides.

And is commanded by Brad Pitt. Maybe it'll get my wife to play Tanks...

There are rumors on the official forums that there may be a mission to be able to obtain the Fury in-game.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/392721-free-togs-for-all/page__st__140__pid__7915180#entry7915180

I would like to believe that, but I find WG community managers come in all fresh faced and optimistic, making vague assurances to try to assure us that things will be better now that they're here.  However, within a month they'll give up and we'll still be in the same spot we are now.  (Remember Laera's promise to work at improving the quality of forum mods?  lawl)

Hopefully KMaus proves me wrong

Doesn't the tech tree version get -12 depression?

with the top turret, yes. with the stock turret, -10.

Sure, especially if preferential MM.  Odd tanks always have an appeal, as due special ones.

i hadnt seen that, kmaus_worst_subtle_hints_NA. I'm a fan of that. Seems like she's one of the few WGNA people with potential to be actually good at their job. 

I would like to believe that, but I find WG community managers come in all fresh faced and optimistic, making vague assurances to try to assure us that things will be better now that they're here.  However, within a month they'll give up and we'll still be in the same spot we are now.  (Remember Laera's promise to work at improving the quality of forum mods?  lawl)

Hopefully KMaus proves me wrong

i hadnt seen that, kmaus_worst_subtle_hints_NA. I'm a fan of that. Seems like she's one of the few WGNA people with potential to be actually good at their job. 

I'll just leave this here.

seDHZRt.png

Most people never progress past the depression stage.

If the Fury mission tracks with the TOGtober mission over on EU, it should be fairly easy for most of us to do. And I'm not going to say no to a free T6 prem, especially with Brad Pitt in it. Maybe then Rexxie will toon with me?

Agreed, Haswell, but I'm not the type to write someone off just because of their predecessors. I am, however, the type to damn and never forgive if they drop the ball badly enough. Like Rampage.

New garage skin, tank, specials, movie tickets? WG hitched their cart to the Fury horse hard. 

Pref MM would be the make-or-break and is pretty boss for a mid-tier medium for anyone who can play mediums well, but going to pass on this.

I want to be best on the server in on the way- 78% over 50 battles- and just those 50 battles account for about 1.25% of vbaddict battles recorded for the darn tank)

WG actually put up a mission here on the SEA server entitled "FURY"....

...unfortunately we get to "win" the crappy M4A2E4 instead. Eh.

WG actually put up a mission here on the SEA server entitled "FURY"....

...unfortunately we get to "win" the crappy M4A2E4 instead. Eh.

WG has already made it clear the E4 will not be handed out on the NA server. A prior plan to sell them was terminated because pre-order package owners beta-testers who were promised this tank as an exclusive rose up in arms about it.

WG has already made it clear the E4 will not be handed out on the NA server. A prior plan to sell them was terminated because pre-order package owners who were promised this tank as an exclusive rose up in arms about it.

WG is still too stupid to redesignate existing beta shermans and preorder tanks as such (perhaps with a special skin), and sell the same vehicle under a different name.

WG is still too stupid to redesignate existing beta shermans and preorder tanks as such (perhaps with a special skin), and sell the same vehicle under a different name.

They did it once for the KV-220.

WG has already made it clear the E4 will not be handed out on the NA server. A prior plan to sell them was terminated because pre-order package owners who were promised this tank as an exclusive rose up in arms about it.

E4 was not a preorder tonk, it was a beta tester gift.