SmyleeRage

#1 NA Coach SmyleeRage's Coaching Service! (Online Calendar Booking)

Requirements:

• Read this entire post
  • TeamSpeak 3 with working mic
  • No major hardware problems - I cannot fix your 5 fps, packet loss, or 500 ping
  • I can only teach in English!
  • Ownership of tanks above tier 6 encouraged, but not required

Why should you (reader) take a WOT lesson?

Because if you're going to spend money or time on a video game, the most worthy investment is your own skills. Taking a lesson should accelerate your progression along the learning curve. I am not the best player in wot, but I learned quickly and worked my way to the top mostly teaching myself and I wanna pass this knowledge along to others.

Why are you (Smylee) teaching WOT lessons?

I love Teaching players it seems to come almost natural to me I love seeing potential and if i can make people with potential go farther and become better players than its worth it. Also I'm in college and don't have a job so this allows me to have some money instead of being broke and asking my parents for money at my age.

Want to know more about (Smylee)[optional]?

I pride myself competitively on tier 10s and personally focus on winning over damage and kills because winning is always a stat that will remain WN8 will change eventually But your winrate won't.

I'm also a very competitive player so much in fact  I participate in the WGLNA Season 5: Noble/RBIS  Season 6: LAMP

I play mainly tier 8-10 now and usually make different goals for different tanks which allows me to test my limits and see how far I can go in different tanks this too me is "fun" I enjoy it a lot and seeing how good I become and what I can learn by playing different tanks is always something I look for. No matter how good you are you can always learn new things. I Currently Have 9 tier 10s Third marked and over 20 tanks total 3rd marked Since the marking system came out I have been using this as a Primary goal for most of my tanks.

How much does this cost? All services paid through (PayPal)! (lesson lengths and compensations are, to some degree, negotiable.)

• 1hr lesson $15 plus pre and post communication
  • 2 hr lesson $30 plus pre and post communication
  • 1hr Coaching Lesson with 2 Players(Meaning you and a Friend) $22  
  • 2hr Coaching Lesson with 2 Players(Meaning you and a Friend) $40
  • Tank Equipment Setup $10 (I set up All your tanks equipment to be as effect as possible)
  • Crew & Tank Equipment Setup $18 (I set up All your Crew Perks & Tank Equipment to be as effect as possible)
  • Free SmyleeRage's UST

That's too expensive, can you just platoon with me?

I don't think platooning has the same effectiveness as direct instruction or replay review over voice comms. Sure you can pick up a few things on positions and tactics, and spectate if you are dead...but in a lesson you can pick the tanks, maps, and mechanics you want to learn. Plus we can use replays, streams, and training rooms and tools. There is a value in the depth of instruction that a lesson has, which platooning cannot match. Platooning will of course happen during a lesson, but there will be more direct instruction beforehand.

What can you teach me? I can teach you in three major areas: 

• Mechanics has to do with armor and penetration, vision control, fire control, driving, reload timing, arty avoidance, etc
  • Tactics breaks into two categories, with deployment, scouting, map reading and closing in one category and how to read  and dictate the actions of your opponent in the second category.
  • Meta-game and account planning has to do with tree progression, credit/resource management, crew development, and tank selection. 

521011281.thumb.png.3d73edddbd8e4b5b7883

creviews-150x150.thumb.png.c1bffbfd34e4b

1) Did you Find your Coaching session enjoyable?

Yes.

2) Did you find (Smylee) Teaching Method(s) useful and informative?

Yes.  He was very co-operative

3) What did you think of (smylee) as a Coach do you feel he was professional and as helpful as possible?

Very helpful

4) Do you feel your gameplay (Has/Improved) (Will/Improve) because you took the Lesson(s)?

Will improve I am sure.  I haven't played much since the session.

5) Would you ever Take Lessons again (if so why)? 

Most definetly.  I felt it was worthwhile.

6) Would you recommend other people to take lessons with (smylee) (if so why)?

Yes. He was attentive and listened to what I wanted to learn.

1) Did you Find your Coaching session enjoyable?

Yes

2) Did you find (Smylee) Teaching Method(s) useful and informative?

Yes

3) What did you think of (smylee) as a Coach do you feel he was professional and as helpful as possible? He's very eager to help and share some experience. He's very knowledgeable about the game

4) Do you feel your gameplay (Has/Improved) (Will/Improve) because you took the Lesson(s)?

Not really because one lesson is not enough and it takes time to really improve

5) Would you ever Take Lessons again (if so why)? Yes when I have something specific to work on

6) Would you recommend other people to take lessons with (smylee) (if so why)?

Yes certainly. In order to get the most out of your lesson you should have a specific point you want to work on, otherwise you'll just end up platooning. What was the most helpful for me was when we platooned together and when he could get in "my view" once he was dead. Because then you have a very experienced player being able to correct your mistakes in real time and that's priceless. It's a pity there is no spectator mode in WoT

Special offer: This weekend only!! Free Lessons!! Read all below before posting!!

First four people to fill out an application (located in the OP above) will get A one hour lesson free!

Requirements: 

• NA sever only (sorry EU)
  • lesson can only be scheduled 17-26th
  • Previous students cannot Participate
  • You have to fill out A review form After the lesson

Other information:

• I will be doing this at least once a month
  • it will not be the same every time so please read carefully when posting
  • people that participate this weekend will not be able to participate again
  •  trying to give as many people the opportunity for a free lesson
  • I look forward to working with you all  8)  

First Time students get 50% off their First hour discount lasts This Whole month!!

Is there a max limit for how skilled a player can be for taking this opportunity?

Yes, Someone with unicum 60 days unless their overall is below 2k wn8 probably doesn't need to learn from me as badly as someone with green 60 days 

i've had the opportunity to platoon with Smylee before, he carried my sorry ass stole all my damage :P

I still remember when that M53/55 one shot your T-62A; you'd been calm for most of the time and then just exploded, it was quite funny.

10/10 would recommend 

1) Did you Find your Coaching session enjoyable? Very enjoyable, not only very knowledgeable about the game and mechanics but just a fun guy to play with.  Just as a side note arty blows.

2) Did you find (Smylee) Teaching Method(s) useful and informative? Yes, they were useful. It is best if you focus in on one or two topics to best utilize your time.

3) What did you think of (smylee) as a Coach do you feel he was professional and as helpful as possible?  You can tell he know what he is doing and has a very good understanding of the game.  Also inside battles he is able to explain what is going on and what best would help the team.

4) Do you feel your gameplay (Has/Improved) (Will/Improve) because you took the Lesson(s)?  As with anything over time my game play will improve, it will just be a matter of practice and processing what is happening on the battle field.

5) Would you ever Take Lessons again (if so why)?  Jump on them while they are half off.

6) Would you recommend other people to take lessons with (smylee) (if so why)? I would recommend Smylee to anyone looking for training.  He has a laid back way of explaining things and is very informative.

Account name
iluvatar751

Availability in EST/EDT or at least relative to GMT :-D
any time

Link to wotlabs/noobmeter page's
http://wotlabs.net/na/player/iluvatar751

What tank(s) do you want to learn in?
AMX 13 75, AMX 50 100, IS7

Rank order the 3 major areas listed above, based on your interest or need to improve
tactics for both categories and meta game secondarily

Link to a replay of a game where you played well,and felt "lost" or you thought you could have won (wotreplays or noobmeter). Preferably in the tanks listed above. I will only have time to review 2 replays, so choose wisely!
ill PM you the replays

Anything I need to know About you to teach you well?

not really

Account name:  Meegz

Availability in EST/EDT or at least relative to GMT :  Friday 8:30 EST - 1:00 EST, Saturday 2:00pm EST - 12:00am EST, Sunday 2:00pm EST - 10:00pm EST

Link to wotlabs/noobmeter page's:  http://wotlabs.net/na/player/meegz

What tank(s) do you want to learn in?  Heavys: E100, IS 8, WZ 111 1-4  Meds: Obj 140, Patton, FV4202

Rank order the 3 major areas listed above, based on your interest or need to improve:

• RANK 2 Mechanics has to do with armor and penetration, vision control, fire control, driving, reload timing, arty avoidance, etc
  • RANK 1 Tactics breaks into two categories, with deployment, scouting, map reading and closing in one category and how to read  and dictate the actions of your opponent in the second category.
  • RANK 3 Meta-game and account planning has to do with tree progression, credit/resource management, crew development, and tank selection.

Link to a replay of a game where you played well,and  a replay of a game where you felt "lost" or you thought you could have won (wotreplays or noobmeter). Preferably in the tanks listed above. I will only have time to review 2 replays, so choose wisely!  M48 Patton - Good  E100 - Terrible

Anything I need to know About you to teach you well?  I'm pretty laid back and easy going so I don't get really worked up, so a more causal setting the better.

Smylee dusn't know shyt about a 4202 

Account Name: AGK47

Link to noobmeter page: http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/AGK47/1002763133/

Times available: weekend: probably 5pm-10pm EST

weekday: varies.

Replays: will get some more uploaded, sometime today if possible.

Tanks to learn in: T110E5, AMX 50 100, FCM 50(t), (<- These are the big ones) T14, KV-220, Centurion I, ELC AMX (<- These are on the table)

Rank 1: Tactics

Rank 2: Metagame

Rank 3: Mechanics

Anything about me: only have one tier ten, working for more. Trying to enjoy the game by being good at tanks.