Sign in to follow this  
Britzz

Type 3 Chi Nu appreciation club

I don't know what it is with this tank, I keep doing very well in it and I'm starting to love it to bits.

Is it the gun depression? the great gun? (except the aiming time, that could be better)

I really don't know, It's the first japanese tank I play and I can't stop playing it, I elited it and I'm using it to get the crew to a decent shape before moving on with the tier 6, but I'm not sure if I want to sell it!

It's also a WN8 machine (at least for me), I keep doing 3kWN8 consistently.

Anyone there that likes this tier 5 tank?

Chi-Nu and Chi-Nu Kai are my love story, lovely sniping tanks, also rate of fire is reasonable, Accuracy is good, Both tanks are great to be honest :3

Also I agree about WN8 Machine part^^

I despised the Chi-Nu when I grinded it. it was a pile of crap. too slow, no armour, not enough camo, the gun was derpy as hell and the RoF is terrible, it felt like I was firing a KV-1S gun but for only 115 alpha every time I pulled the trigger.

hated it. 

Really wish the thing had a larger engine to give it at least some mobility. I did fine in it but it really isn't a carry hard tank when you have to fear every tank that can equip a derp gun because you better damn expect it even if it isn't optimal.

Anything that is below tier 8 seems mediocre or average at best and that is what's stopping me from going up the Japanese tree. The Chi Nu has a ridiculous grind for tier 5 (look at the number of guns you need to unlock) that's really off-putting. 

Really wish the thing had a larger engine to give it at least some mobility. I did fine in it but it really isn't a carry hard tank when you have to fear every tank that can equip a derp gun because you better damn expect it even if it isn't optimal.

I agree it's not a carry hard tank, but I still enjoy it! against derps i always try to have a ridgeline between the 2 of us, make them fire and then put 2 shots into them. The ideal situation is to put this tank into a close flanking position with a ridgeline or to have some 300-350m shots. using binocs it shouldn't be difficult

Anything that is below tier 8 seems mediocre or average at best and that is what's stopping me from going up the Japanese tree. The Chi Nu has a ridiculous grind for tier 5 (look at the number of guns you need to unlock) that's really off-putting. 

The stock grind is crap, I used some free exp there. But once you have it fully equipped it's a fun tank to play!

Btw, i imagined the thing wasn't very loved, since I get aces with 900 base exp. I had 4-5 aces just tonight

It felt like a jack-of-all-trades tank, Mr Joe-Average, didn't excel at anything, but didn't have any glaring issues either. I kept it, but an M4 with the 76 can do everything it can better~

I did quite well in my Chi-Nu. The gun is lovely, and it was very mobile so I can put the gun to good use using the depression and cover in maps. One of those nicely flexible little guys.

I did buy the Chi-to but ended up freexping to the STA-1 as I read poor things, now I look at other tier 6 meds and the Chi-to gun and I go...I need to crew this at some point!

75mm/76mm guns on tier5 mediums are all crap (they all take too long to reload for their damage, aren't very accurate, and the M4 pays for its superior pen with worst in tier turret dispersion) The 75mm gun on the Chi-Nu and Kai are the least bad because they get accuracy, solid pen, and the highest alpha of those guns, so that was kinda nice.

Shame about derp guns existing while driving the Japanese tanks though, huh?

Give me a sixpounder/57mm Zis-4 at tier5 any day. Last tier their alpha is at all adequate. And at tier6, suddenly 75mm/76mm guns also become acceptable in terms of reload speeds even if their alpha now sucks too.

And yet...I couldn't hate the Chi-Nu. The gun feels good.

Shame about derp guns existing while driving the Japanese tanks though, huh?

Biggest flaw of the tank in my opinion, got derped by a Pz4 once or twice...

The gun though is awesome, as you said is the best out of the 75/76mm on the tier and I can use this better than all the little "popguns" like the 57mm.

I generally think this gun is the best medium gun in the tier, even though I played the M4 with the derp gun, so I can't really tell about the other gun it mounts.

I'm almost at the 3rd mark of excellence in this tank, 100 games in 4 days, I almost never play a single tank this much, I'm surprised of myself

Finished this tank today. Loved it, I don't understand the complainers. It's just a slow little thing with great depression and pen. That simple. I think I'll train 6th on it before moving up tiers.

Finished this tank today. Loved it, I don't understand the complainers. It's just a slow little thing with great depression and pen. That simple. I think I'll train 6th on it before moving up tiers.

I did that on the tier 6, it's pretty much the same thing a tier higher and a bit bigger.

Gun feels nice, speed is just enough to do what it needs but man that armor.... get full penned by 44% Shermans shooting HE, and it's cancer bait on top of that. Kinda irritating, but I think it's at least serviceable.

I've never played the Chi-Nu, but how does it compare to the Chi-Nu-Kai?

Same gun, worse engine on the Chi Nu Kai. Should be about it as far as I know, dunno about the soft stats, though, i don't have the Kai.

Chi Nu is already very slow for being such a soft tank, Chi Nu Kai is even slower

Because I was thinking of buying the Chi-Nu_Kai because I want to collect all the lower tier premiums, but I may hold off on this decision if it is indeed worse than the regular Chi-Nu. I don't have a single japanese vehicle sitting in my garage.

If you want a nice little lowtier premium Medium with gundepression you have to go for the T25.

I have no idea how WG balance Tanks, but if you compare T25 with Chi Nu Kai you can tell they are not very good at it.

If you want a nice little lowtier premium Medium with gundepression you have to go for the T25.

I have no idea how WG balance Tanks, but if you compare T25 with Chi Nu Kai you can tell they are not very good at it.

I have T-25. -_-

Well to be fair the Chi-Nu Kai's 75mm (and the Chi-Nu's) are the least bad in tier, every other tier5 medium has a 75 or 76mm gun that's either inaccurate, has mediocre pen, or terrible soft stats. 0.18 turret bloom on the M4/76mm is dreadful, 0.25 tracks/0.16 turret on 2.5 second aim time for the T-25 is pretty bad, both of those also have worse than 0.4 accuracy. Panzer IV and III/IV have good bloom values on both but 110mm pen and 0.39 accuracy is really just mediocre, and the III/IV reloads slow and only has 6 degrees depression.

The Japanese 75mm Type 5 gun has more alpha (125 vs 115/110), the best accuracy (0.37) and its silver pen is 124, close to the 76mm M1A1's 128. Because it is an AP shell, the 155mm premium pen aren't as bad as they look, because of the increased normalization compared to APCR, it's somewhere between the German 75mm (L48) and the American 76mm in premium pen most of the time.

So the gun is actually reasonable! Unfortunately the actual platform is more flawed than other tier5 mediums. More HE pens, more arty damage, Kai has ony 6.5 degrees depression, Chi-Nu has no real gun mantlet to go with its 10 degrees depression, both cap around 40 kph.

I like playing my Chi-Nu Kai but my T-25 is the better tank. Even though it's blind, has terrible traverse and gun handling, its high hitpoints, better depression and somewhat reduced HE vulnerability are better. And sometimes it even gets near its high top speed.

If you want an actually good 75mm gun at tier5 you'll have to go with the Stug for the L70 or the T1HT/Wolverine/T67 for higher fire rates. I guess the Churchill I and 3001H also have good 75mm guns but the tanks themselves aren't that fun to play.