WhiskeyJack_

accuracy nerf?

I dun get it.

Also, won't combat at close range hurt armor tanks (which often have lower DPM than unarmored tanks) more than help?  If all combat takes place at 50m, weakspots are still vulnerable, will still have gold shot into them, and big blobs will still roll over even the most frontally armored tonks.

Why is close range combat even a goal?

I dun get it.

Also, won't combat at close range hurt armor tanks (which often have lower DPM than unarmored tanks) more than help?  If all combat takes place at 50m, weakspots are still vulnerable, will still have gold shot into them, and big blobs will still roll over even the most frontally armored tonks.

Why is close range combat even a goal?

WG is punishing back line campers and not letting slower, armored tanks get shredded easily. Being able to get into close range combat is almost always preferable for armor because you have less accuracy and speed. They're trying to enable more aggression.

IMO the design has some fundamental problems, and this isn't the ideal way to solve them, but no one wants to fix the real issues.

I don't like this. It'll just make inconsistent guns like the Russian 122's and similar even more unreliable. Sometimes even at point-blank, their aim reticle is larger than the weakspot. This is going to make it that much harder to be useful in lower-tier tanks, as you will be less likely to hit the weaker armor you need to hit in order to penetrate and do damage. However the higher tier tanks won't care as their guns are often enough to ignore your armor entirely.

Guys someone mentioned that people will just sling more gold. I know it's a bit of a conspiracy theory but don't you think that may be the real reason behind the change?

Guys someone mentioned that people will just sling more gold. I know it's a bit of a conspiracy theory but don't you think that may be the real reason behind the change?

So why did they increase accuracy before? To fire less gold?

I am speculating here but maybe the times were better or they changed it before for gameplay reasons and now they want more people to swing gold. Though I know it's silly but all speculating here is. We will have to wait and see how much they will nerf it and how it will affect how different tanks perform. It would be also interesting to see how wg reacts to changed performance in some tanks after it.

Old accuracy was just retarded. Shots hit outer circle like crazy.

New accuracy is less retarded, yet still retarded in its own way. Arty with max circle size still drops direct center shots about 1/6. They're just trying to make the game less ridiculous when it comes to the accuracy stuff. Let the cards fall where they may, but it all sounds good to me. There will finally be tanks that are good at range or bad at range as opposed to 122s being able to blat out occasional pens at 400m while on the move.

My guess is to buff a whole bunch of underperformers (E100, KV5, Vk-A, IS-1/4/7/8 (yes IS is shit), bunch of french tanks who all suffered from bad accuracy aswell as nerfing some overperformers, E5, E75 which have hard to hit weakspots.

It also made the game way less random, allowed on the move shooting and makes hitting weakspots easier / more reliable

the problem is, too much shells hit dead centre, if WG can somehow fix that, current acc is fine

This acc nerf will nerf a whole bunch of ``too good`` tanks, IS6, KV5, E100, most autoloaders, chinese meds, ru TDs, they will suffer

(i can see IS6 beiing as craptastic as it once was, the accuracy is now already often painfull enough, forcing the use of APCR (or accept you miss / bounce) but old accuracy + AP? HAHAHA, prepare to load full APCR or better not play IS6 at all...)

I think 8.6 accuracy buff was the single best thing ever happened to WoT. (Arty ain't really nerfed, so it's not up there)

If there are to be changes to accuracy, they should change the sigma and also reduce total spread (ie: the reverse of "arty accuracy nerf"). Less dead-center shot in a smaller circle.

I thought I read that it was done to make the RNG tolerable enough that WG could push for WOT to be a viable e-sport.

^^But can't remember where I read that and can't relocate the source, so possibly just my imagination.

The most important thing to remember is this is 100% a nerf to arty. Arty loses much and gains nothing with a little bump down in accuracy.

Arty are still on the old 1.3sigma accuracy I believe (so any changes to arty accuracy would likely be dealt with separately)

ok, I was going on the WG page for 8.6 - my bad if it's wrong or changed since :)

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/some-changes-coming-86-update/

These changes will apply to all tanks and tank destroyers in the game. We have decided not to apply these accuracy changes to SPGs as it could potentially damage gameplay too much. The change will be compensated for by a slight increase in shell dispersion. If you've already seen leaked information about the 0.8.6 Update SPG characteristics, please do not worry. It's not a nerf, just measures to avoid "over-buff." The overall accuracy of SPGs will be pretty much the same, just more predictable.

That is a very poorly worded translation where they actually did apply the change then nerfed accuracy to give them the "equivalent" old accuracy.

Just badly worded, they are trying to say the other changes undo what the new sigma is doing, not that arty isn't getting the new shell distribution.

2muchninja

I recently tried to snapshot an M103 broadside(!) in my IS6 at maybe 10-20m. Shot missed. QQ. Do not nerf acc, guns already miss way more than i like, even snipers like the centurions.

you really think having your hitrate reduced by ~5% is going to completely ruin your experience on these maps

its not some crazy change, dont freak out like that

You shut up. The rng rage is going to overflow and implode this game about 15 minutes after patch. ;)