external007

Pip's Solo Unicum Challenge - External007's Progression

For this challenge, I have decided to pick the weak (praise be unto QB) E-50M

Total battles: 71

WR:               74.65%

Anticipating EU gameplay:

standoff.jpg

Hello, I am a top tier player on the NA server who learned of this challenge through a friend (smyleerage) and was picked to participate in it.  I'd like to thank pip and lowlife555 for making this possible.  In this thread I will be providing replays and the in-game session statistics as I work towards a 70% solo winrate over 200 games.  I also stole the format from other threads, because, ya know, it looked nice.

This challenge initially sounded very interesting to me because I am a solo player to begin with (I platoon like 5% of the time). You may ask me any questions about general gameplay/positioning/decision making seen in my replays.  I am about to start my journey into the EU server, which I have few experience on.  As others have stated, the ping will be a big difference, because I've just about mastered snapshotting with my typical 40 ms ping on the NA server.  I'm not too sure how quickly I'll adapt to the ping, but I doubt it'll be too big of an issue.  

Through this thread, I hope I provide good replays that can help other players learn the game mechanics.  I've chosen the E-50m to prove quickybaby wrong!  Haha, I'm just messing around, the E-50m really is an outstanding tank though.  It has very workable turret and hull armor and it has the fascist box tank armor layout!  Box tank schematics (without all the wonky angles) are the best to learn with imo, it allows you to angle the tank in a way to make the enemy only effectively able to pen one section of the tank.  The E-50m is quick, has good traverse, very good gun handling, and good armor layouts.  The few drawbacks to the tank would be the DPM (which is still good), the turret armor (which gets penned a lot), and the large size (which results in weak camo values).  

For mods I am using XVM and in-game Session Statistics

MFW semi xvm camo

979.gif

My E-50M equipment looks like such: 

e9a5f32914.jpg

E-50M Crew and Stats Before:

Service Record at start

090621f85d.jpg

crew

57d175d9b0.jpg

Session statistics:

Session 1: 15 battles -- 73.3% WR 

Sloppy statistic gathering, game crashed after first 7 games.  Game 8 is missing from stats but it was a win, it will be included in replay section and I will be better at using vbaddict next time  :P

games 1-6

8653336e24.jpg

games 8-151500cda408.png

Session 2: 6 battles -- 50% WR

9fbeeb716c.jpg

Session 3: 20 battles -- 80% WR

8c99582fe2.png

Session 4: 15 battles -- 80% WR

408ba8cc92.png

Session 5: 15 battles -- 73.3% WR

c82a3b1d96.png

Replay list:

Day 1 - 15 battles

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y75tqhkp9ztyzaf/Day_1-_External007_-_73.3%_-_15_battles.zip

Day 2 - 6 battles

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yi7iacg8k0gruw1/Day_2_-_External007_-_50%_-_6_battles.zip

Day 3 - 20 battles

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3k29wuz1mrn66y2/Day_3-_External007_-_80%_-_20_battles.zip

Day 4 - 15 battles

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ocb7cm35hmdd1c/Day_4-_External007_-_80%_-_15_battles.zip

Day 5 - 15 battles

http://www.mediafire.com/download/auopcbqvzxv8f8s/Day_5-_External007_-_73.3%_-_15_battles.zip

Day 5 is up, total of 71 battles uploaded. Also, I promise I'll keep up with this challenge as much as possibl:tank2: 

4eef818e08c77.png

I'm sorry if this comes across as offensive, but shouldn't you reach 70% on the NA server first? If anything, judging by the results of others, it looks harder to win on EU.

External007's recent is good enough that if he really tried(read padded hard), he'll get 70% easy.

BTW, if you get the chance to kill Jingles, tell him I said hi and that he is a filthy casual that has only played little more than 1k games this entire 2014 year. sry.

I'm sorry if this comes across as offensive, but shouldn't you reach 70% on the NA server first? If anything, judging by the results of others, it looks harder to win on EU.

I solo most of the time.  For one thing, I don't play for wins.  I don't generally care about winrate because of the times I've platooned with 2 super unicum friends, I can usually manage 90%.  

Plus, the point of this is a challenge man lol. The challenge is getting 70%....

I solo most of the time.  For one thing, I don't play for wins.  I don't generally care about winrate because of the times I've platooned with 2 super unicum friends, I can usually manage 90%.  

Plus, the point of this is a challenge man lol. The challenge is getting 70%....

So you are accepting the challenge?3116175811_1_9_vAKm7dku.gif

Once you cross servers, there's no going back

Good luck ! How can we recognize you in battle? Might be nice to see a replay from the opponents point of view :)... or teammates in other cases....

Okay, first update is up guys.  I play 15 battles so far and pulled off a 73.3% winrate.  I was messing around with recording stats to figure out the best method, vbaddict's ADU dossier uploader seems to be the best method. Because of this the first day of recorded stats is REALLY sloppy, so sorry about that.

The first 6 games I was using in-game statistics, but my game crashed so I lost the 7th and 8th game stats.  That's when I decided to find a better method, so from now on I'll be using vbaddict. 

Please enjoy the replays  :thumbup: !  This is a lot of fun honestly.  If you have any questions over anything in the replays, feel free to ask here! Also, I promise I'll be the most active with updating replays and all

First Day experience:  So my first day went alright.  The play-style on EU is very much different and noticeable.  I think the thing that initially caught my eye is that at the start of the game, so many people just sit on cap for a good 30 seconds.  It's literally like there is 5 AFKs every game for the first minute.  A lot of the time it seemed like people were much slower to react.  Also, the thought of support is stupid.  I don't know if it's because of a language barrier or if they have chat off or if they are just retarded, but suggesting anything to EU pubbies is often a useless attempt.  

Games on EU seemed to be more drawn out.  On NA, it happens much more frequently where one team gets steam rolled.  I get a lot of games that last 4-5 minutes.  This wasn't at all the case in EU.  Games were much shorter and flanks held for much longer.  I like this much more about EU gameplay but I hate the braindead pubbies.  

I initially thought that ping wouldn't cause too big of an issue, but it seems that I missed A LOT of shots because of this.  Also there was this weird bug (which rarely occurs on NA) where the tank kept bouncing up and down while driving.  This is especially annoying because it's definitely noticeable while shooting in sniper mode.  I had a ton of shots hit the ground because of this.  It felt like the packet loss was a lot worse too.  On mines, right when I clicked, the reticle flew to the left and the shot completely missed.  The problem mainly occurs in close-quarters.   

Some other thing that seemed weird is that armor pen values seem a lot different lol.  It feels like the pen and module damage values are different.  If you look at the malinovka game, when I got on the hill, I bounced like 4 fucking shots off the lower plate of an m103.  He then penned my upper plate with the stock gun using AP.  It's doable but it takes a high pen roll to do so.  I had my upper plate penned in some other situations too.  I also caught fire 2 or 3 times, which is odd because I can't remember a time when I caught fire in the E-50m on my account.  It was just a little strange how the mechanics felt different.  I guess I need more tinfoil lol but there are definitely some moments you can see where RNG fucks me, just like on malinovka. 

Why do you use Vents over Optics, your dpm is going to be decent with Rammer chocolate and BIA???

Personally I'd rather have the extra 30 m VR than a smidgeon of DPM and gun handling.

dem cred lost, are you shooting gold? I ask cuz I recently got 3rd MoE on it, and was telling my friend how firing gold in it wouldn't help me achieve the 3rd mark because gold doesn't help the e50m much.... would you say that it actually makes a significant difference?

small edit: just looked again and realized the cred loss isn't THAT much, so I guess its probably a healthy amount of gold use, but not only gold spam? Either way, still curious what you think

Edited by DyingDyingDead

Interesting crew skill choices.  I can understand camo, or repair, but both seem to be at odds.  No gunnery or driving skills?  Clearly, it's working, I'm just curious about your thought process.

Might help to reduce dependency on favourable map rotation 

Would also make transitioning from early game to late game a bit easier on vision oriented maps

Just a guess though

dem cred lost, are you shooting gold? I ask cuz I recently got 3rd MoE on it, and was telling my friend how firing gold in it wouldn't help me achieve the 3rd mark because gold doesn't help the e50m much.... would you say that it actually makes a significant difference?

small edit: just looked again and realized the cred loss isn't THAT much, so I guess its probably a healthy amount of gold use, but not only gold spam? Either way, still curious what you think

The credit loss is because of the large first-aid kit.  A lot of the time I switch back and forth between large and small because I get frustrated when my turret gets penned and I lose my commander + gunner lol.  I'm probably going to switch back to first-aid.  

Interesting crew skill choices.  I can understand camo, or repair, but both seem to be at odds.  No gunnery or driving skills?  Clearly, it's working, I'm just curious about your thought process.

Why do you use Vents over Optics, your dpm is going to be decent with Rammer chocolate and BIA???

Personally I'd rather have the extra 30 m VR than a smidgeon of DPM and gun handling.

The crew skill choices were already selected prior to me playing.  I thought the crew skills seemed fine, something I have no problem playing with.  I have gunnery skills on my normal crew, and generally use optics.  I use vents because he doesn't have the gunnery crew skills.  Since he has recon, it brings the viewrange to just about 445 (with chocolate and vents too).  That in addition with the camo skill means you'll outspot just about any moving target anyways.  Camo gives a huge bonus, I will be working on it for my 4th skill on my E-50m. 

Running vents instead of optics might just be the reason why he does'nt take gunnery/driving skills.

That's the reason I did run vents instead, because the crew is missing the gunnery/driving skills.  The crew also has recon on the commander and camo, which already betters it for lighting. The gun handling is outstanding to begin with, but I frequently snap shot. Having the ability to rely on your shot going exactly where you aim is pretty sweet.  With gunnery skills/vents (and chocolate), you can snapshot very well.  I often shoot on the move or snap shot from 300m+ and hit because of this. Without those perks and equipment you definitely will miss more shots.  

Okay, just updated OP with day 2 and day 3.  Lol, after day 2, I was kind pissed and cut it short at 6  battles.  After how horrid that day went, and just playing my NA acc more, I didn't get around to any more on Eu for some time. I just finished Day 3 today, Day 2 happened 2 weeks ago.

A short summary of the days:  Day 2 was complete shit play, day 3 was normal and felt like NA.  My average damage so far has surprisingly been relatively the same as NA.  EU is definitely much easier to play, but I also have a lot more fuck-ups.  You can see that I am overly aggressive in a lot of situations in Day 3  :gaben:

Oh noes! BigCheese said that Na was much easier to carry! :P HA!!!

EDIT: And I think that the time differences make everybody play on the different servers in the morning when only the scrubs play. So everybody on EU is like "man NA sucks ass" cause they don't play in primetime. The same happens the other way. I know I have tried different times on both servers and it is legit.

Oh noes! BigCheese said that Na was much easier to carry! :P HA!!!

EDIT: And I think that the time differences make everybody play on the different servers in the morning when only the scrubs play. So everybody on EU is like "man NA sucks ass" cause they don't play in primetime. The same happens the other way. I know I have tried different times on both servers and it is legit.

I think thats a pretty astute observation. Time of day makes a huge difference in player quality just based on playing on NA. During the daytime and late at night (past 3am GMT-5) the server looks like RU red tide to me,especially outside top and clubber tiers.