WildSudowoodo

A Wild Sudowoodo appeared!

Hello, new comrades. In my quest to improve in and taste all the pleasures of this game I enjoy so much, I have evolved from a lurker and avid reader of this forum, to a member of it. For the sake of saving you time, I will skip straght to the part where I tell you about myself and present to you the questions that I have.

About me.. Right, so I acquired an interest in this game after watching a friend play the Xbox 360 version of it. I don't own a console and probably never will, so I downloaded World of Tanks on my PC and convinced him to do the same. For the first month or so, I was so bad that bots might have been able to outplay me, but looking back I don't think such a thing is very uncommon for new players. In any case, I spent a considerable amount of time sleuthing profiles of top-ranking players to see what tanks they preferred using, I read up on game-related subjects both here and on the official forums, and I watched videos.. a lot of them. Matter of fact I think I've watched every video ever uploaded by the "Science of Victory" channel, Quickybaby, Circonflexes and SirFoch. By watching the gameplay of those last three and emulating it as best I could, I improved significantly, but still nowhere near as much as I'd like to improve.

Goals.. I do enjoy this game, and it's in my nature to not split my focus or effort between multiple games as so many people do. That's a fancy way of saying that Word of Tanks is the only game I play, and the only one I will play until I quit. For that reason, I'm interested not only in self improvement, but also in competitively participating in clan battles - successfully. Currently I'm in a pretty laid back clan with some great guys, with whom I frequently platoon and chat with on Teamspeak. We occasionally get involved with skirmishes, and our success rate isn't terrible. Still, I would like to see us grow and improve, or else get involved in larger scale clan battles by some other means.

Questions.. You can probably just look me up and figure this out for yourselves, but currently there are a handful of tanks I've either acquired or am actively working to acquire, because I want them either for public battles, clan battles, or both. My highest tier tank is currently the Borsig; I have the T32 researched, but not yet purchased. I am working toward the 50 100, the 13 90/Bat. Chat, the T-62A, and both the E 100 and E 50 M via the Panther. I'm also working on the French artillery... sort of. I'm not really an avid arty player and I'm aware that the Conqueror GC is preferred because of its shell arc, but something about a turreted autoloading SPG piques the more trolly side of my interests. My questions to you, the community, are roughly the following.

• What additional steps should I be taking to improve my gameplay performance?
  • What additional tanks should I be grinding toward?
  • Are there any of these you would suggest I put on the back burner or stop all together?
  • In general, considering where I am right now and where I want to be, what should I do?

Closing.. If anyone is interested in addressing my position through Teamspeak instead of posting, and/or "investing" in me as it were, I'm more than happy to hop on a server and chat with you. I'm 24, I have a pretty sexy voice, and I'm not flaky; whatever time you choose to spend addressing these questions or helping me improve will yield my assistance if you ever need it for platoons, clan battles, or whatever other endeavor you're involved in. My main priority is to do whatever it takes to learn as much about this game as I can, and perform as well as possible in as many roles as I'm needed. In this venture, there is no compromise for me!

*wiggle*

No I'm not the best however my best advice is this: Do NOT tier up to the next tank as soon as you unlock it. Make sure that you are very comfortable with the current tank, how it plays, its hard and soft stats, good and bad map positions for that tank, how much you can react to how the battle progresses with that specific tank (slow TDs cannot ...), etc. The biggest issue I see with new players is that they just go from one tank to the next with no knowledge of how the prior tank works. So they keep tiering up without any know-how of what to do in that tier, let alone one tier below. Take your time. Be patient. Another huge advantage of this is that if you do take your time your crew skills will be much higher once you reach the higher tiers; getting to a tier 7 or 8 without even the first crew skill/perk completed is just plain bad (DAMHIKT). Contrarily, having a 3 skill tier 8 is quite nice.

Good luck. WoTLabs is a great learning place.

+1 upboat for name.

Welcome to WoTLabs, may tonks be in your favor and may you not be that shit-licking scumbus that pushes out other teammates.

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7

No I'm not the best however my best advice is this: Do NOT tier up to the next tank as soon as you unlock it. Make sure that you are very comfortable with the current tank, how it plays, its hard and soft stats, good and bad map positions for that tank, how much you can react to how the battle progresses with that specific tank (slow TDs cannot ...), etc. The biggest issue I see with new players is that they just go from one tank to the next with no knowledge of how the prior tank works. So they keep tiering up without any know-how of what to do in that tier, let alone one tier below. Take your time. Be patient. Another huge advantage of this is that if you do take your time your crew skills will be much higher once you reach the higher tiers; getting to a tier 7 or 8 without even the first crew skill/perk completed is just plain bad (DAMHIKT). Contrarily, having a 3 skill tier 8 is quite nice.

Good luck. WoTLabs is a great learning place.

Thank you for the advice. This is the sort of thing I was seeking rather than a welcome. I do know exactly what you're talking about here; I have difficulty making the A-43 work for me unless I platoon with a friend using the same tank, and we break through behind enemies to focus them down together. But on its own, it's a challenging light tank with pitiful view range.

But I digress. Hopefully I can get some additional input here, particularly with regard to the points in the first post.

And now, I believe you've got some sort of brain damage or you've got some kind of bizarre genetic decease from failed abortion that you led to some interesting sociopathic behavior that led you to just troll ruin games for other players.

For those who are not aware what am I talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnc8WWhIhRE&t=476s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEpXyNG6nM0

Its funny tho.