csbassplayer

Personal stats up, winrate...stagnant?

That is very good advice, indeed.

One remark is left: I am not in the 48-49% range on Tier 10. Not at all. It is 44% overall. I would not say a word if it were 49%.

As you say: most people play a lot worse, I am better than most, obviously. But win only 44%. That tickled my interest. And to be honest: I am almost convinced that there is already some "Skill MM" at work on the serverside (Hell, they even have it patented).

It tries to bring everyone to 50% winrate overall. It fails miserably for purples and deep reds, else it seems to work. So the goal is to become good enough to overcome it.

quote:

Remember also that there's a lot of factors that cannot be qualified coming together to dermine your WR - i'd skip the data part for now if i were you because that makes you go on tilt and then you end up playing worse than usual and losing a lot more than you actually deserve.

Hm, not that i know,

The MM does keep track of your battles though - in the sense that it gives you a string of "easier" games if you're doing badly or "harder" games if you're doing too well. That might be the case? AFAIK it balances on tiering, maybe the fact that you don't win too much puts you more often than not on the "easier" strings but being top tier with few tanks of your tier in the game means more responsibility for you and maybe you're not (yet) readyto take it on you? 'm working on smoke here you know because i have nothing like hard data on this

As I said: My WN8 on Tier 10 is higher than on all other tiers.

But 70% of the time (measured) I get into the team with the lower xvm winchance. For 2000 games now.

Thus my questions. Is this still within statistical tolerance or is this indicating that the server is stacking the odds?

You appear to be platooning heavily (64 topgun, 68 BIA, 6CC). Who are you platooning with at tier 10, if anyone?

Your overall values are quite average for a tier 10 player so I'd expect you to get pretty close to 50% win chance. However, XVM win chance is non-linear so you may get below 50% on average simply because you're taking up a slot that a unicum could be occupying. This effect will be much stronger if you're platooned.

Note that the average recent WN8 for tier 10 players is about 1600, the average tier 10 winrate is 49% and the AFK tier 10 winrate is about 30%. That puts you at about 46.6% expected solo winrate, given an average play style for your WN8. Obviously that's somewhat tank-dependent.

Cool, facts. Thank you! Nice to know that the average on Tier 10 is 1600. This makes it easier to swallow, I am not so far off then.

This really freed my mind now, I just keep trying.

To answer your question: I am platooning with some friends from my clan, their ability is similar to mine, some cases slightly worse, some slightly better.

Those are the games *sigh*

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/privatebert-eu-763ad41bee4611a0b887cbd450528e07/siegfried-line-germany-spahpanzer-ru-251-14123760849949405

I wonder if I could have won this, without my mistake at the beginning. Avoiding the shot from the IS-8 would have preserved more hitpoints for the endgame. Or if I get shot I could have helped kill the IS-8 faster, thus reaching my position earlier and maybe do even more damage. Might have been winnable I think.

And...our top player in the T30 derped out totally of course. Although he should be a decent player (better than me) judging by stats. Just my luck :)

Unfortunately, stats only go so far to show ability: Sure, someone like me is almost guaranteed to put in at least an average performance but I still have games where I rush a map tile too far and get rekt. I think the trickiest part to maintaining a high WR is knowing how to manipulate your surrounding teammates. It almost doesn't matter if they're red or purple, if you can do something to present an opening to nearby teammates, they will very often take it. Likewise, people seriously underestimate what the "target" ping does to the average pubbie: Use the fact that you made something shiny on their map and screen to provide extra damage and distractions while you pull off the winning move. This goes double here on the EU server, where many don't speak English but do speak "shoot this pls".

Stop worrying. I've had slumps too where my WR did not even correlate with my statistical performance. Over a much larger sample of games, you would realise that the WR eventually evens out and correlates to your level of play. As long as you are doing useful damage, influencing the game and not just farming damage and WN8, your WR will eventually start rising. 

As I improve and break into dark blue consistently, I've come to recognise when it is essential to just ignore your statistical performance and even sacrifice your tank to change the tide of battle. Sometimes, your fail pubbies just need that extra push/sacrifice for them to recognise when to push to press their advantage. A common example would be hanging back to deny opponents control of an important location, instead of you conducting the lemming train to farm pointless kills or damage in an already won flank. 

I always aim to keep my WR a higher colour shade than my recent WN8. It shows that I am improving and learning how to contribute to the WIN instead of just being statistically good (which means nothing if you are just a damage farmer concerned with your own performance above your teammates').