Scrublet

T49 American Tier 8 LT- Discussion

00887b6a-a7e6-457c-8a2a-15cb5353430f_zps

Some people say the T49 LT is a bad tank overall and needs a buff, but I think a fast camoed KV-2 at tier 8 is great if not nearly OP. 

abc9ef8f-53a7-455c-a4b2-20b7fd4d2594_zps

That is my best game in the tank and replay is below...

http://wotreplays.com/site/1241709#erlenberg-scrublet-t49

Even with a horrible team and 5 enemy purples I carried my team to a victory lel.

Interested in seeing your setup. Ive unlocked this thing and will be buying it once I have the credits. The 90mm looks well enough for the grind to the 152

Dear god I cant wait to shoot Waffles and Arty and French tanks and the sides of the American tanks...

ea66846b-caf2-4fa5-9a81-8e1c92980c99_zps

3ca8ac88-db52-4ce0-ab59-86285a3350dd_zps

Crew was ground out during the chaffee racing from 100% and 0 skills

Can't wait for a 3x crew exp weekend to stack it even more tho lol

HOLY SHIT...

I GOTTA DO MORE CHAFFEE RACES WITH YOU.

Right... I'll be on my own. ;c

mother. of. god...

DO YOU GET 500K CREDITS AND 50k CREW EXP EVERY 50 BATTLES WON?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!"!

The thing that appeals to me about the T49 is how much is resembles the M551 Sheridan tank that the US military used in the Vietnam war and up until the mid 1990s. I always like playing tanks that are very close to or exactly like their real life counterparts which is why I like playing my Leopard 1 so much and why I am going for the T-62A and STB-1.

The Sheridan was an air deployable light tank that replaced the M41 Walker Bulldog. It had a 152mm low velocity gun mounted on it that shot conventional ammo but was also capable of firing the MGM-51 anti tank guided missile as well. From the reading I've done it seems to have proved a good tank and well liked by it's crew despite some of its major flaws.

That is an interesting eqiuipment choice you have, not what I would have thought to put on a T49. Would you explain why you put those on there as opposed to a rammer (although I think I know why you didn't choose that) or optics?

mother. of. god...

DO YOU GET 500K CREDITS AND 50k CREW EXP EVERY 50 BATTLES WON?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!"!

I believe the mission said you could only complete it once, I almost had it but I missed the cap points by 50 ;_;

I believe the mission said you could only complete it once, I almost had it but I missed the cap points by 50 ;_;

How the fuck do you get 50 wins and not 1000 cap points?  You should have run some solo, trivial to get almost 100 cap points just by driving well.

That is an interesting eqiuipment choice you have, not what I would have thought to put on a T49. Would you explain why you put those on there as opposed to a rammer (although I think I know why you didn't choose that) or optics?

I have the same question. Do the vents improve gun handling enough to take them in favor of increased reload speed or view range?

rammer cannot be mounted

Setup is the same I would use. This isnt a passive tank. This is an assault RNG slot machine LEL derp mobile

A rammer can be mounted on the T49. It has no autoloaders. I sure as fuck put one on. -10% of 20 seconds? Pls.

another plus of that 152mm HE round is its potential in taking out multiple module/crew..in reality you can expect around 200-350 average damage for non penetration but it can really cripple the enemy tank. i usually dash to a strategic spot early on in the game..shoot at the enemy once and retreat..90% of the time the hit will at least tracked the enemy tank thus forcing them to use the repair kit early on..

and the 800+ damage for soft skin tank are hilarious..but make sure you dont hit the waffle on the gun..wont do any hit point damage but just destroying its gun

rammer cannot be mounted

Setup is the same I would use. This isnt a passive tank. This is an assault RNG slot machine LEL derp mobile

A rammer can be mounted on the T49. It has no autoloaders. I sure as fuck put one on. -10% of 20 seconds? Pls.

I dont recommeded it... it worse aiming time

i could advantages use 2 equipment to boost aim and short range peek boom on the move...

however if u are sniping more than 300m u will fcked up too slow aiming tank... and accuracy is god RNG level...

Just noticed that last night when I bought the thing! For some reason I remembered being unable to use one on the test server. Silly me.

Now, who wants to donate some gold so I can quit playing this thing stock? Dear GOD its slow moving with the stock turret on  :#

I removed my rammer tonight in favor for optics, sure 10% less DPM bla bla bla but that's not what this tank is about. I feel I get more DPG when i can spot a bit better for my self and play the vision game more successful. Have any of you played around with the equipment? 

Holy shit scrublet how did you hit that many shots at that range?

I just got the tank, am scheduled to play my first battles in it tonight, it looks like an ELC on steroids.

http://www.vbaddict.net/tankstats/usa/light/t49-71

Statistically, VS, Rammer, GLD, and Optics are the top 4. though I too am debating rammer vs optics.

First impressions of the 152: holy fuck this is like the BL-10, only trollier. It misses all over the shop, including twice at point blank against a maus.

I removed my rammer tonight in favor for optics, sure 10% less DPM bla bla bla but that's not what this tank is about. I feel I get more DPG when i can spot a bit better for my self and play the vision game more successful. Have any of you played around with the equipment? 

I'm using binos atm. With that aiming time they always start working long before you are done aiming so it makes sense to use them.

but why should you snipe that far away with the T49? assuming you're using the 152mm..

but why should you snipe that far away with the T49? assuming you're using the 152mm..

I've found that sniping at long range is the way to go with this tank.

It's far too inconsistent to work as a close-in brawler, if you miss or fail to kill close in, you're screwed because you can't even detrack and run, I've been learning that the hard way when I press on an 800HP AMX 90, roll for 780, and get clipped out.