Sign in to follow this  
taugrim

BatChat or AMX 50B for solopubbing?

My favorite tanks currently are the E50 and E50M (before that the Centurion 7/1 with awesome gun depression), because I enjoy having solid mobility, solid spotting mechanics, good gun handling, and functional armor.

What it boils down to is I love medium tank gameplay - the ability to flex/spot/DPM as needed.

I rage sold my AMX 50 120 yesterday. It was such a disappointment after the AMX 50 100. The 50 120 felt cumbersome and unwieldy, and it's painful for solopubbing, which I do 90+% of the time.

I've heard the AMX 50B is a much better tank at-tier than the 50 120, but I started wondering if I might be better off going after the BatChat instead. I think I would be OK with the BatChat's squishiness, given that it's small and extremely agile. I've played other mediums that were squishy but had great spotting and mobility (e.g. Cromwell) and really enjoyed them.

My gut tells me in a solopub context, I'll contribute more for my team on a BatChat than I will on a 50B, and that I'd enjoy it more.

Which would you recommend, based on what I wrote above?

(I'm also thinking of doing the STB line, but I'd have to start from scratch, whereas with BatChat line I already have a number of things unlocked from the French heavy line).

Heya,

I don't play a lot of high tier but happy to share my view on the receiving end.

When I see a blue player like yourself on the opposite team in AMX 50B, I think "Ok. Let's wait for the reload and rekt him".

When I see a blue player like yourself in Bat Chat in an open map, I think "Oh, shit".

Vision provides better ability to support a team over damage, IMHO.

The Bat can give you really good spotting potential that no other tank, new lights aside can offer, but it has no staying power whatsoever. You have nothing but your speed to run away or hide after you have unload a clip. It also has a pretty high skill ceiling.

The 50B can do early lights but not as effectively as the Bat or any other fast medium can, and it requres lot less finesse to play than the Bat. The shorter reload also means you can play the corner game and expect to reload in time. It's unforgiving but less so than the Bat.

If it's a vision based map I would choose the Bat any day but the 50B offers a lot more carry potential on the majority of the maps you will see if the Bat isn't something you would be comfortable with, playing against tds etc.

I honestly havent played the 50B, but I did rage-sell the 50-120 for the same reason (and I wanted the new LTs!). 

Batchat is an extremely reward tank with an extremely rewarding playstyle, but it can be absolutely fracked too. If theres someone who could let you play their account a bit who has both tanks, it might be worthwhile to check out

I have both, and have played more than 100 matches in each. The 50b has more carry potential, period.

The bat has some severe limitations that drastically hinder its solo carry ability. Its gun handling is very bad, making long range engagements iffy. Its reload is very long, making it vulnerable to getting caught with its pants down more easily. Its gold round is heat, meaning more troll bounces. Combine all that with its 30 round Ammo capacity, and running out of Ammo before you've secured the win becomes not just a risk, but a frequent reality.

Now, the 50b does not have these problems. Its gun handling is good, making it able to engage at any range reliably. Its gold round is apcr, its reload is reasonably quick, and it carries enough ammo to pretty much kill the whole enemy team yourself. Its mobility is better than any other heavy, and even some mediums. It has good depression and elevation, unlike the tank before it, it can aim, unload, and reload faster as well. Overall, its a more reliable performer.

I prefer the 50b over most any other tank for solo pubbing, and with tghe t57 nerf, it finally has its role back.

I think the gun handling, amount of shells and reload makes the 50b better at carrying on most maps out there.

The BatChat is somewhat reliant on your team, as you have no staying power whatsoever because of the just-long-enough reload of 40 seconds (as pointed out by Dia). 

I prefer to solopub my BatChat because I can just wreck things with my clip + spotting, but the 50b is generally easier to carry in as the skill-floor is lower. 

I have both, and have played more than 100 matches in each. The 50b has more carry potential, period.

The bat has some severe limitations that drastically hinder its solo carry ability. Its gun handling is very bad, making long range engagements iffy. Its reload is very long, making it vulnerable to getting caught with its pants down more easily. Its gold round is heat, meaning more troll bounces. Combine all that with its 30 round Ammo capacity, and running out of Ammo before you've secured the win becomes not just a risk, but a frequent reality.

Now, the 50b does not have these problems. Its gun handling is good, making it able to engage at any range reliably. Its gold round is apcr, its reload is reasonably quick, and it carries enough ammo to pretty much kill the whole enemy team yourself. Its mobility is better than any other heavy, and even some mediums. It has good depression and elevation, unlike the tank before it, it can aim, unload, and reload faster as well. Overall, its a more reliable performer.

I prefer the 50b over most any other tank for solo pubbing, and with tghe t57 nerf, it finally has its role back.

^

Another thing to add, the frontal hull of the 50B is actually very strong, often pubbies will hit it and bounce with their TD's followed by a very confused "How did I bounce off a frenchie??".

This, combined with the speed makes the 50B one of the best rammers in the game. I've had some epic hits so far, the best being a 1k hit on Johann's T62A.

Just a little extra note: WHEN you get a vision/open map with the 50b, you will get spotted the INSTANT you are within view range. Think E100 levels of camouflage. This can be frustrating as you will be spotted even as second line shooter and everyone will pen your turret immediately like there is no tomorrow.

Just happened to me in a game. Frustrating as hell.

At least the BatChat lets you move around with more freedom.

I'm just gonna say, 50B is better for solo pubbing.  My proof is pretty much Anfield's stream........

The greatest factor for me as well, is the ammo.........

The bat runs out so quickly, and the 50b.....can keep going, and going and going.

EDIT: the 50B can do a lot of what the bat chat can do, but the bat chat is more specialized, not generalized like the 50B, which is key for random pub matches.

Batchat is one of the better tanks to solo pub imo. Vision, speed and burst can quickly change the tide of battle. 50b is sometimes awkward thanks to being the size of a house and only having 1600 burst.

Both are great tanks, but I carry more often in my bat then my 50b

batchat can be abused to carry more as a vulture/scout/distraction especially in end game due to its better camo while the 50b works better as a support tank or med killer like t57.

early/end game bc > 50b  mid game 50b> bc

My favorite tanks currently are the E50 and E50M (before that the Centurion 7/1 with awesome gun depression), because I enjoy having solid mobility, solid spotting mechanics, good gun handling, and functional armor.

What it boils down to is I love medium tank gameplay - the ability to flex/spot/DPM as needed.

I rage sold my AMX 50 120 yesterday. It was such a disappointment after the AMX 50 100. The 50 120 felt cumbersome and unwieldy, and it's painful for solopubbing, which I do 90+% of the time.

I've heard the AMX 50B is a much better tank at-tier than the 50 120, but I started wondering if I might be better off going after the BatChat instead. I think I would be OK with the BatChat's squishiness, given that it's small and extremely agile. I've played other mediums that were squishy but had great spotting and mobility (e.g. Cromwell) and really enjoyed them.

My gut tells me in a solopub context, I'll contribute more for my team on a BatChat than I will on a 50B, and that I'd enjoy it more.

Which would you recommend, based on what I wrote above?

(I'm also thinking of doing the STB line, but I'd have to start from scratch, whereas with BatChat line I already have a number of things unlocked from the French heavy line).

Not that my stats are that great, but they are improving keep this in mind. This is what I think when I see someone with your stats or better in amx 50b meh we can take them out easy on reload. I see someone with your stats or better in a bat chat - I say to myself well farm as much damage as I can before they destroy my team. I fear the STB even less than I do the 50b. 

While those all are great tanks I am just giving you the mindset of what most people I have seen in group chat and what I personally think seeing a great player in those tanks.

I prefer my BAT for solopubing, 50b is so big ... barn sized every body will shoot you when you are spot, so annoying.

With the BAT i got more opportunity to deal damage consistenly, and also you didn"t depend on your team like the 50b who's more support oriented.