Golem501

9.4 team battle changes

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/46/team-battle-changes/

Two Permitted Tank Line-ups

Five Tier VIII tanks and two Tier VII tanks.
Six Tier VIII tanks and one Tier VI tank.
No more Tier I’s serving as scouts! Every vehicle can deliver a significant amount of firepower to the battlefield.

Wow... I was enroute to the 13 90 but that seems unviable now. 2 tier 7's? Bulldog or what else? Alternatively maximize tier 8's? 1 tier 6 (12t fore example? I doubt that but what other options are there?) or keep 13 90 and possibly add a KV-2 or something?

Any ideas?

<ed> derped see post Mike below - changed to one tier 6 or two tier 7's

Six T8s and a T37 maybe?

I don't know the best tier 6 to be honest. Especially wit 2 cap points though I wonder if that means you use a tier 6 and a tier 8 scout.

I am not sure if a tier 6 and 8 scout are worth it... possibly 2 tier 7 lights are more viable. 

bulldog is definatly not superior to amx 13 90, have you considered burst dmg of both tanks? while  overall clip alpha out put may be similar the bulldog takes a full 18 seconds to expend its clip while amx is far faster and has more hp.

althought if you wanted a full team of heavies then 2 bulldogs would be a very good compliment to take up the tier 7 slots. so i suppose in overall line up yeah it would make more sense to take two bulldogs but you cant really compare an amx 13 90 to a bulldog

The question isn't really whether a bulldog is better than a 13 90. The question is whether a 13 90 AND a tier 6 like a T37 is better than TWO bulldogs.

The bulldog is a very strong contender for one of the 7 slots, but it's not an 8.

All of the "Old" viable tier 8s are still viable. The 13-90 is not going to be replaced by the bulldog, the Bulldog is better than any other Tier 7 but it does not have the alpha to quickly take someone down. It has to have double to exposure time to actually utilize its big clip. If you want to participate in this mode the quintessential Tier 8s really have not changed, Is-3 or 110 or T32 Obj. 416 Pershing Ru251 and 13-90.

It's nice finally being able to talk about this. the other day my team had tons of fun running 4 251s, 1 t49, and 2 m41s on steppes. I really like how all the tanks are combat viable now and it will be interesting seeing what t7s and t6s are brought. So far the is, t29, tiger, m41 and maybe lttb are the 7s that have done

well and we only have tried the 59-16 for t6 so far.

If you are using the autoloader on the bulldog you're doing it wrong.

Another interesting line up we used on prok was 5 251s, 1 t49, and a 59-16 which very interesting. Ended up adding a second t49 near the end of our scrim just for fun.

I think that the Autoloader is the preferred gun on the Bulldog assuming the player is able to hit his shots it has more total burst than a 13-90. That lineup you ran on prok seems like it would need burst as your brought all consistent fire tanks except the 59-16

I could think of a lot of new options now - especially for e-sports where you know the map beforehand.

• Tier VI: 12t, 59-16 (if you expect a soft enemy lineup); tier VI could also allow arty to make a comeback (FV304!)
  • Tier VII: obviously the Bulldog but the T71 might have its charm as well. T29 and/or Tiger H could make sense on maps that need little scouting...

12t has to many negatives to be considered over the t37, type 64, 59-16, or even a cromwell in my opinion.

I would tend to agree it is really really slow in comparison for one.

I am really liking both the new format and the new Assault mode. I think it will revolutionize the Esport

• Tier VI: 12t, 59-16 (if you expect a soft enemy lineup); tier VI could also allow arty to make a comeback (FV304!)

12t's gun handling is just way too poor in this environment. FV means you're playing down a tank; it sounds good in theory but allows the other side to play with decisive aggression. 

So, yeah, if you ever wanna do a 1 v 1 on mines against me running a walker, lemme know. Spoiler alert, walker beats everything. 

As for test, yeah, the shell bug renders a lot of testing moot. 

I am really interested in how the Assault mode will play out.

New Maps

Himmelsdorf

newtb-himmelsdorf.jpg

Arctic Region

newtb-arctic_region.jpg

Cliff

newtb-cliff.jpg

Kharkov

newtb-kharkiv.jpg

Murovanka

newtb-murovanka.jpg

Prokhorovka

newtb-prokhorovka.jpg

Ruinberg

newtb-ruinberg.jpg

Siegfried Line

newtb-siegfried_line.jpg

Steppes

newtb-steppes.jpg

Tundra

newtb-tundra.jpg

One question I have is: When attackers cap two bases at the same time, do they win when the two base captures add up to 120, or does one need to reach 120 by itself?