I got... really reallly reckt during this touranment, particuarly the end bit (I had south spawn for the first two days so no fighting turtles) and my question is

Is it possible/how would you break a turtle on ruinberg with a light tank comp ie

Croms, t37, vk3001m (I had a kv85 and 2 as well) becuase I was at a loss with this

All of the teams were turtling in the buildings on south spawn and I couldent deal with it

the turtle consisting of arl44 kv2, kv85, T1 heavy etc (some of them had a light tank or two)

its a bit of a novice quesiton but the turtles did me in here

If you are having trouble breaking the south camp because your line-up is too light then you should have considered changing it up for a heavier one, especially since you know which spawn you have prior to the match.

Breaking the turtle is all about separating their tanks, pinch them and the wipe out the isolated group. Rinse and repeat.

We broke the turtle every single time. There is a lot of methods:

1. Get a light alongside the buildings and shoot them from afar while the light proxy in safety.
  2. Push through the north while keeping yourself along the buildings(entering near G-H lines next to the church and keep your left side along the buildings, they will have to take several shots if they get out of position even slightly).
  3. Bait them on a side with one tank to make them move or turn the turret in one position and push the opposite way 5-6 seconds later, then launching your bait after another 5-6 second to create a crossfire.
  4. Install an arty like an fv near the fountain.

There is a ton of ways to break the cancerous south turtle strat. The basic guideline is: spot it in the first 3 minutes, then be patient, you have 7 minutes to set up and take them out little by little.

If you are having trouble breaking the south camp because your line-up is too light then you should have considered changing it up for a heavier one, especially since you know which spawn you have prior to the match.

Breaking the turtle is all about separating their tanks, pinch them and the wipe out the isolated group. Rinse and repeat.

The tank pool of the players I had was rather poor here

the no repeat tanks didnt help that either here

it seems like something thats becoming rather popular for the skirmishes

If you ever want to, I'm logged in not doing much, you can open a chat box with me and I can show you how you can do it in a training room. (I might not be THE expert, but never had any problem going through that turtle, and honestly, it needs to disappear, it is cancerous)

Out of all the group stage battles and the RO16 tonight, my team faced a hard turtle once (actually quite surprised we didn't see more). We won through hitpoint attrition and being able to focus more guns on single windows than they could poke guns out.

That being said, the other team had a subpar lineup of being too lightweight. For some reason they brought an SU-100, E8 and something else that isn't common. They had the right idea to turtle up, they just had crap tanks.

Out of all the group stage battles and the RO16 tonight, my team faced a hard turtle once (actually quite surprised we didn't see more). We won through hitpoint attrition and being able to focus more guns on single windows than they could poke guns out.

That being said, the other team had a subpar lineup of being too lightweight. For some reason they brought an SU-100, E8 and something else that isn't common. They had the right idea to turtle up, they just had crap tanks.

During the group stage, I remember... I think 2 games where we had north spawn that south moved more than 3 grid squares from their base.

It's been a constant annoyance, admittedly most do it quite poorly, but still. It's a giant struggle to fight against, because the Alpha damage:HP ratio involved in low tiers. Being down 1-2 shots of HP is HUGE in an 8 man tier 6 tourney, where heavies are sending 250-850 alpha down range per shot, and TDs from 250-550~ or so. You have to make no mistakes, and on top of that they have to make mistakes in their turtle for it to be a reliable turtle break, I think.