Cloud_1

Is WoWP worth purchasing premium planes for?

Gentlemen and Ladies,

This is a heavy weekend with two planes on sale that you recommend. My question is whether WoWP will continue to be developed and active for the near/long term. Again my son was able to get into closed Beta, and since he has given it up for WoW ,League,Smite and other games(Hearthstone?,Mordor?) is purchasing the either or both those planes worth trying it out? Thanks for your opinions in advance?

WoWP Has fallen ever since it came out. It most likely will not go down soon but over time it will if the player-base doesn't increase. What im saying is that its a risk. It may stay up, or it might not.

Gentlemen and Ladies,

This is a heavy weekend with two planes on sale that you recommend. My question is whether WoWP will continue to be developed and active for the near/long term. Again my son was able to get into closed Beta, and since he has given it up for WoW ,League,Smite and other games(Hearthstone?,Mordor?) is purchasing the either or both those planes worth trying it out? Thanks for your opinions in advance?

IsayNO.jpg

Thanks for all the advice,

As always well received and much appreciated. He has a few beta planes given for a contest of some sort pre opening, so I will try those(when I rage over teams in WoT). And Hallo1994 I looked up that cute girl and well let's say the music calms me on the weekends.. As ever thanks all for the great community, help and foresight.

Halo, as it stands WoWP is no less broken than WT, just less popular...

@OP: As much as I love WoWP, I'd have to say hold off. Rather, install and play the current CT. They're literally handing out prems (For the test only) just for playing. It's a great way to have some fun :-)

So I saw that there was like 1700 gold on the kid's account I I thought to purchase that BF 110C after reading our reviews, but then when I go to get it it is no long discounted this with another 9 hours of time left for the weekend event...figures

Depends on the plane.

Most of the premiums are pretty meh.

The 110C however is like the ultimate sealclubber.

If you are asking the question relating to WoWP's longevity, then you will have plenty of time to enjoy your purchase. WG will keep WoWP running for quite a while as WoT provides all the cash that the company needs. WoWP is a drop in the bucket comparatively.

If you are asking the question regarding the quality of the game, that is a tougher one to answer. I can only speak for myself and I've stopped playing the last 6 weeks after being active all through testing through release to early September of this year. I also have a ton of gold, premium planes, and premium time and I still feel fine walking away from the game in its current state.

The game is still being actively developed with big changes constantly coming. They haven't gotten it right yet, but even a broken clock is right twice a day...

WG do have the time and resources to fix WoWP and I'm pretty sure they have the will as well. They have a grand vision for CW that involves WoT, WoWP and WoWS and in order for that vision to work they will need to fix WoWP. As such, you can expect they'll do what it takes...eventually.

Here's another thing to consider.

An individual has much more impact on the outcome of a game in WoWP than they do in WoT.

You can buy a stronk premium plane like the 110c-6, club nublings, and you get free xp that you can use in WoT.

Bandet, wtf. You post reasonable stuff and then you slip in a piece of shit like this?!?!?!?

Maybe you forgot about the topic pinned at the top of this sub-forum?

Please STOP advising people to abuse MM unless you actually want WoWP to fail even more...

Haven't you realized that he's kinda in the same group as Shwedor, Garbad, etc? 

But yea, after having repeated matches of getting 7-8 kills made me not want to take it out anymore, along with the 109B.

I'm not sure how Bandet's post mentions anything about MM exploitation.

Farming free XP in WoWP is far more efficient than WoT and that has nothing to do with MM...

I'm not sure how Bandet's post mentions anything about MM exploitation.

Farming free XP in WoWP is far more efficient than WoT and that has nothing to do with MM...

It's not as efficient when I'm waiting 2+ mins in queue for a match.

It's not as efficient when I'm waiting 2+ mins in queue for a match.

Ok, back in the days of "high" pop :) You could still get fast matches in tier 4 in patch 1.4 and prior.

Yes, yes. fine, he's not abusing MM, he's just abusing the seals. Such a fine young man!

Have you logged in to WoWP recently?

What I noticed is that the time period when I used to usually play would be 750 to 1000 people online. It's now 500 people at most. Death spiral is death spiral is death spiral is...you get the idea.

Pretty sure clubbing newbies in the 110C-4 doesn't make that number go up...

Whelp in my infinite wisdom I decided to download the HD client as well, so probably wont get to play it till New Years with my D/L rate. Joking aside, the last time I played, yes I noticed the abysmal number of people online, and I get were your coming from. I dont think I'll be taking the C-6 out anytime soon either tbh.

If you are asking the question relating to WoWP's longevity, then you will have plenty of time to enjoy your purchase. WG will keep WoWP running for quite a while as WoT provides all the cash that the company needs. WoWP is a drop in the bucket comparatively.

If you are asking the question regarding the quality of the game, that is a tougher one to answer. I can only speak for myself and I've stopped playing the last 6 weeks after being active all through testing through release to early September of this year. I also have a ton of gold, premium planes, and premium time and I still feel fine walking away from the game in its current state.

The game is still being actively developed with big changes constantly coming. They haven't gotten it right yet, but even a broken clock is right twice a day...

This is the answer. No need for kneejerks every time bandet posts, you'll only attract negative attention to yourself

If it's of any help: 1.6.0 made the 110C-6's gun even more powerful than before. Cannons are super stronk right now. Make haste and fly the derp plane before it gets nerfed into the ground.

Too bad the 1.6.0 matchmaker will only give you 5v5 games  :verysmug: .

If it's of any help: 1.6.0 made the 110C-6's gun even more powerful than before. Cannons are super stronk right now. Make haste and fly the derp plane before it gets nerfed into the ground.

Too bad the 1.6.0 matchmaker will only give you 5v5 games  :verysmug: .

Took it the other day, felt ashamed straight away. 

Also, is attacking ground targets in Me410's and 109Z's the meta?

Also, is attacking ground targets in Me410's and 109Z's the meta?

Plz no. No matter how hard WG is trying to fool people into taking bombs and rockets on their German heavies, NEVER DO IT. They work so much better as anti-air platforms.

Contrary to WG's belief: slapping bombs on an HGII isn't really that cool of a thing.

Sure, if you need to shoot ground targets at the end of the game when an IL somehow didn't lawn-dart: go ahead and shoot them then. But please don't lose your precious altitude until it's necessary!

Plz no. No matter how hard WG is trying to fool people into taking bombs and rockets on their German heavies, NEVER DO IT. They work so much better as anti-air platforms.

Contrary to WG's belief: slapping bombs on an HGII isn't really that cool of a thing.

Sure, if you need to shoot ground targets at the end of the game when an IL somehow didn't lawn-dart: go ahead and shoot them then. But please don't lose your precious altitude until it's necessary!

Oh god no i wont be doing it, But i've lost my last two battles due to heavy fighter smegheads attacking ground targets and not taking out air targets.

Logged in today. 10 planes at tier 8, 3 of them a platoon of noted MM-riggers. 

Alas poor WoWP, for I knew thee well.