Solono

Impromptu WG Q&A

After watch NA team fail in Rumble in the West what do you think NA has to do to get on the same level as RU and EU?

Do you think its just the NA player pool?

Is it just RU and EU have been doing it longer?

Do you think there is something WGLNA can do to get more players into league play?

While I am not directly involved in the process to make changes to the maps, I do know that changes in general take a while to implement.  Even if we notice and spot something immediately, there is a queue of tasks for the development team to prioritize and tackle.  That having been said, even if it takes months to implement a change, we rely heavily on honest feedback about the state of the game to continue to improve things.

As a personal request, please continue to voice your feelings about how things could improve! :)

I hope their system of map corrections improve. I don't think players should have to depend on a coin toss to determine their battle outcome on some of these maps, for months and years at a time.

I do have good suggestion on an unrelated topic. Give the option to block enemy chat along with the ability to show that you've blocked enemy chat. It would clean up games considerably of griefing and profanity. No one wants to be griefed after being a one-shot-kill or griefed about an impending loss. Griefing, posturing, and insults mostly originate from the enemy's side, if not all of it.

With the ability to block it, and show that players have blocked it, there would be little incentive for players to grief one another on opposing teams. This is such a common sense idea that I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

Is there any plan / discussion of being able to retrain crewmembers in their primary skill ?  Would be cool to make a complete crew from excess radiomen and loaders waiting in barracks.

Thanks

Krazy, why is Worms such a baddie? He's not the same shitelourde who so captivated my yearnings long ago :

This is because i distracted him with my shiny artillery piece and turned him to the dark side....or red side either way.

I was easily among the qualifiers for the Fury contest, was reported as a winner at first, then removed from the list....presumably by one of you.

Any response?

No?

Any news on EU server transfer? My friends and me have been stuck on NA for 3 1/2 years now.

Still interested in the possibility of future server transfer options and/or the roaming feature.

I was easily among the qualifiers for the Fury contest, was reported as a winner at first, then removed from the list....presumably by one of you.

Any response?

No?

Some petty mistake soon to be rectified I hope. It would be a shame if someone really screwed with the contest just because it's Garbad. How much power can one guy have over a company?

And, thanks for the Feedback on the Lag! I have submitted a ticket before (twice) and... they told me it was my mods causing the lag, although it was 90% packet loss at Telia  :thumbdown:

Telia_zpsf9441dd4.jpg

55682209.jpg

This is because i distracted him with my shiny artillery piece and turned him to the dark side....or red side either way.

H-h-how could you?! My wormsy, *sniffle* :

Any response?

Keep this alive people. This is bullshit.

Any response?

No?

Keep this alive people. This is bullshit.

Please god answer this question. In this last mini-campaign, Twilight of the Gods, I believe according to a table I saw laid out somewhere, G had the most gold value in tanks awarded. And yet it was still barely over half, while we were pulling 60-70 people online per night. The number of times we'd spend 10 minutes getting psyched up for a battle, figuring the strat out, etc, to either have it straight up tech, or fight a single tier 2 light tank because "ur g lul", in their words, is massively frustrating. It is significantly harder to try to get people tanks in an environment where even you having battles scheduled doesn't actually mean people will get any number of fame points. 

Similarly, it feels like crap to be chosen for 5-7 battles, and have maybe 1 of them be an actual fight.

Honestly if nothing else, I dont even care about having an incentive to fight, but a punishment for placing chips and no-showing, or showing with 1 tank while having 15 chips down, something, to prevent this crap where we get chipped and our time is completely wasted. Our callers spend an hour or so of their own time preparing a strat, running over it with other people, whatever, and to have that all go to waste because some clan felt like throwing chips but not actually fighting is really annoying.

EDIT: For what it's worth, too, this is not a "top 5 clan problem". This problem exists at every level of competition. I had the same problems in RDDT and RDDT4 during my time in both, though if I remember correctly it was probably less frequent. The only impact this would have is to reduce the non-commital chips some clans like to throw to try and "stick it to the man".

I believe HBFT does CW stuff?  please answer this.

No?

We generally only answer these if we know about it or work directly with it. In this case i am going to assume none of us that are here work around this.

Edit: Garbad if you have not done so already (you probably have) submit a ticket and we can try and get you a answer. Did they just post the wrong score or something?

Still interested in the possibility of future server transfer options and/or the roaming feature.

Sorry no word yet on when or if it is coming sadly. I wish as much as the next person that we already had this.

H-h-how could you?! My wormsy, *sniffle* :

Eh what can i say? I kind of corrupted him.

Would WG ever release an official region editor? This would be really, really useful for those of us who play on several servers ^^

I'm not kidding, it wouldn't be too hard for a dev to make this (the russian VK guy released his code) and update it. It would offer somewhat of a solution to server roaming.

Eh what can i say? I kind of corrupted him.

;-; y u do dis

angry-cat-o.gif

OH OH OH I HAS A TANKS QUESTION!!!!!

Do you know if War Gaming plans to buff the 113 at all?  A pen buff would be AWESOME for that tank, and actually make it competitive.  Along with a buff for the Maus's turret cheeks :)

We generally only answer these if we know about it or work directly with it. In this case i am going to assume none of us that are here work around this.

Edit: Garbad if you have not done so already (you probably have) submit a ticket and we can try and get you a answer. Did they just post the wrong score or something?

Read my post.  I was on the list initially, and removed from the final list.  Its hard to imagine how that's possible without someone manually removing me.  And my remedy is to fill out paperwork and ask them not to act illegally?

Read my post.  I was on the list initially, and removed from the final list.  Its hard to imagine how that's possible without someone manually removing me.  And my remedy is to fill out paperwork and ask them not to act illegally?

You've dealt with bureaucracies before, no?

You've dealt with bureaucracies before, no?

You understand WG is not a bureaucracy, right?  There are like 5 people who are in charge of events, some of which are literally reading this thread and saying, "he didn't fill out the form; not my job until he fills out the form."

After watch NA team fail in Rumble in the West what do you think NA has to do to get on the same level as RU and EU?

Do you think its just the NA player pool?

Is it just RU and EU have been doing it longer?

Do you think there is something WGLNA can do to get more players into league play?

The NA teams didn't "fail." They may have lost to the EU teams, but that's it. Our guys gave it a great shot and I'm proud of them <3

That's up to the teams to figure out. I mean, I don't know how often NA practices vs. EU vs RU.

Are you asking if the NA playerbase is worse, skill-wise? If they are less dedicated, less serious? Everyone goes in to competition for a different reason. The NA teams are awesome...I've watched some newer teams come up and beat some of the older ones. Personally, no, I don't think the NA players are "worse" than EU or RU.

How many more people would you want in the league? Last season, we doubled the size of the Open League. The problem is, the sizes of the other leagues don't change. So, unlike Skirmishes, there is actually a cap to how many teams can participate each season...

I loled at the ones getting trolled by dance.

But...but...I wasn't trolling!! That IS-2 really was called "Tiger!" At least, I think that's what the Polish sign said 0 : )

You understand WG is not a bureaucracy, right?  There are like 5 people who are in charge of events, some of which are literally reading this thread and saying, "he didn't fill out the form; not my job until he fills out the form."

Yeah, but the person who suggested a ticket was only repeating what was said on the forums. Yes, your issue is a different one that just, "Oh, my score was incorrect" or "huh, I had awesome damage, how come I'm not on the list."

Unless you played the E8 every day, then yes, I would think it's very possible it wasn't because your name was pulled manually or on purpose. I hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure the newer employees don't actually know (or care) who you are... ;-)

The ticket isn't because everyone gets all warm and fuzzy making players do work to get a response. It's so that there is a permanent record for both WG and the players, unlike discussing issues on a forum.

As for krazy not realizing your issue was different...well, that's because he's a bit crazy :)

The ticket isn't because everyone gets all warm and fuzzy making players do work to get a response. It's so that there is a permanent record for both WG and the players, unlike discussing issues on a forum.

As for krazy not realizing your issue was different...well, that's because he's a bit crazy :)

Do you believe that new forum rules should be applied to players ex post facto?

Do you believe that new forum rules should be applied to players ex post facto?

Personally, if a new rule comes in to play then no, I don't think people should be punished for something posted before the rule. However, that doesn't mean the post shouldn't be moderated, to be in compliance with the rules.

Is there a reason for this question?

Personally, if a new rule comes in to play then no, I don't think people should be punished for something posted before the rule. However, that doesn't mean the post shouldn't be moderated, to be in compliance with the rules.

Is there a reason for this question?

He's shwedor, that should be enough of a reason.