KrVa46

"Fun mode" ideas

Hi,

So we've had some fun modes now, starting with the 1st of April "joke".  The Karl.  It was kinda fun, but you couldn't win anything except the one-time "Nostalgic" badge.  So I don't think many did this for a lot of battles.

Second was the soccer mode with the T62A's.  A mission was tide to it, so it was played more.  I never really got into it as I found it really long-drawn and often matches would just time out before you could make 3 goals.  So I didn't complete this mission (not near).

Last, this Chaffee sport, again with a mission.  Now that was fun.  Very fast paced.  I completed this mission 2 times over I think (grinding a new crew and getting nearly 2 full skills on it :)).  I won at least 2 out 3 races, so a win rate of around 70 % I would guess with a best run of 13 straight victories.  Nope, I never put any equipment on the tank and I didn't fire 1 premium shell (never understood why you would shoot prem in a "fun mode").

So now I'm thinking, what could be the next "fun mode"?

How about a destruction derby with E50M's?  No guns allowed, only ramming.  Surviving team wins.

Or how about an obstacle course where you have to hit targets in a Leo1?  You have to complete a track as quickly as possible while there are targets on the side of it.  Extra points for hitting them.  But no auto-aiming allowed.

Anyone else with an idea?

WoWS: Create a tank that looks like a boat and let it play on a map that is similiar to an archipelago. Announce as WoWS release on April 1st.

Also make it TWO boats: USS USSR and IJN Sudoku.

WoWS: Create a tank that looks like a boat and let it play on a map that is similiar to an archipelago. Announce as WoWS release on April 1st.

Also make it TWO boats: USS USSR and IJN Sudoku.

I think that game is called Navyfield.

Create a tank that looks like a boat

I think they already did that....  :verysmug:

MM01-04.jpg

In fact....

Everyone in specially modified TOGs. They're a lot faster (obviously), and the gun has been replaced by a line of 5 or 6 small, fixed guns down each side, firing at 90 degrees.

The idea is to manoevere in order fire a broadside at your opponents, a bit like the naval battles in Sid Meier's Pirates! or Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Avast ye swabs!

This could be even better with Havok damage, as the arena slowly gets more and more demolished as the match progresses.

Game mode with the old T-50. Just replace the gun with the T92's howitzer, give it 8s reload and give the tank 2000hp. Matches played on small maps where everybody can instantly spot everyone (map size something like 300x300 with some cover and terrain). No cap zones. Game starts as 15vs15. After one team is killed the rest of the players are divided into two new teams and this keeps going on until there is one player left.

Stress relief mode.

Tired of getting clicked? Enter Arty MM mode. Play the E-RU 13 183. Its a hybrid of, you guessed it. The armour and HP pool of an E100, the speed of an RU251, the autoloader of an amx 13, and the punch of a HESH'd up 183. "But i want to play arty!", well johnny, you deserve to get massacred on the other team.

2nd mode, fail team rage TK mode. A mode where the objective is to TK as many friendly bots/AFKers without fear of ban.

One can only dream :(

In all seriousness, they need to bring back karl and football modes for rage/stress relief Heck, it will probably reduce the amount of flaming and rage in the game!

What about light tank mini golf? Have Chaffee super sports on giant ramps. Have maps with large holes or targets and obstacles, and try and drive your chaffe off the ramp and into the target zones. Use the gun to adjust your inflight trajectory or aim it in opposite direction of travel and fire to make you drive faster (GTA style). Just have a massive course with respawns so you don't sit there dead and blown up for an entire 15 min game. Hit certain gates in mid air to get power ups.

Or a Mario kart/ crash team racing mode....much better than the crappy Chaffee race mode.

Type59's mode!  That indeed sounds like fun :)

And the golfing would be hilarious.

About the arty modes, that gave me an idea:  How about a "sea battle" mode?  10 vs 10 and everyone get's to decide on which square of the map they place their arty.  Once the battle begins you can't move anymore (except aiming of course) and you can't get spotted.  You just start taking guesses until the entire other team is "sunk" 

Giant ramp, off a sheer drop. Giant painted target at the bottom with a piece of sky cancer in the middle. Everyone is given modified E-100s that travel very fast with no effective weaponry. Try to aim for the sky cancer and crush it.