I am trying to improve my overall stats lately, but although my WN8 is rising steadily, my WR is remaining stagnant. Im not the guy that sits at the back waiting to be a late game damage farm hero, i play aggressive when i can, and defensive when i need to. I try to react to failing flanks, wether that means pushing my flank, flexing or retreating. Basically, i am trying to hit every tip the forums give about l'ing 2 P.

My question: my WR is stuck at 53% but my WN8 is rising through 2000. I play mostly solo. Is it a fantasy to aspire to get purple win ratios in solo pubs? or is that usually reserved for platoons?

Some clans require good solo WRs, and i see lots of bluni/unicorns with purple Wrs....is that all solo or plats?

Your problem that I can tell right off the bat is that you're being passive.

As Garbad explained to me, if you can, through scouting and well-placed early shots, shave off 3K hit-points out of the total 25K an enemy team has in a Tier 10 game, and keep up that hit-point superiority, you can have the weight of 5 tanks as more of them die, leaving with 3K HP more, 3 more tanks on your team to close out that end-game.

It doesn't always work, with you inevitably derping at times, but I've definitely seen an increase in my win-rate since I first tried it.

Some people really are just damage padders who, every game, sit at the back farming damage, then cover up the poor win-rate with platoons, but by and far, most purples that I know are genuinely better than me at winning, even if they are somewhat more passive, by virtue of the fact that they're so consistent in doing lots of damage early on and staying alive for that end-game.

Op,

Do you have any replays that we can see?  There is a thing in the garage where you can auto-upload them and just post us the link.  There are many of us here that will do reviews and help as best we can.

please post and as always

STAPH PLAYING FUCKING ARTY <- this is your first and most overiding problem

Shfty©

You arent going to win more than ~50% solo, period. Now, there are some exceptions, like if you are in a particularly good pub-stomping tank and you are decent in it (E100, IS-7, T-62), but other than that, good fucking luck. The player base is so fucking awful now it is literally impossible to carry teams solo.

According to the battles ive uploaded to VBaddict (only 1k cause i didnt know about it till recently... noob me) i have 64% solo wr and 67% platoon wr. Battles that were submitted were mostly tier6-8 LT's and tier9 mediums, so its not a good reflection of my tier10 performance. But it is possible to get good WR solo.

To get great solo WR in high tiers you really need to be doing damage early and consistently throughout the match, time sitting around doing nothing is time that the enemy is raping your team. Tanks that are best are well rounded tanks that combine all aspects (gun/armor/mobility) into one package that lets you fill all roles and relocate when necessary. So basically a hard soviet medium. My personal favorite atm is the obj430II and i play it as a Heavy. then use its mobility to gtfo when needed. Very good solopub tank if you know angles well. 67% wr in it. West server solopubbing FTW!

Wow...thanks for the responses guys! I am trying to make early damage as much as i can, and as mentioned earlier, this does lead to some inevitable derp dieing, but i shall take your advice on board. I will try and get some uploads sorted today (maybe a 10 game spread?) just so you can see some of my better and worse games.

Op,

STAPH PLAYING FUCKING ARTY <- this is your first and most overiding problem

Shfty©

Oh yes, i have seen the error in my ways. Forgive me father, for i have sinned!! :)

I solo 95% of the time because 

1. I am an impatient little prick and if I die first don't like waiting for platoon mates to finish up
  2. I play music in my headphones so I can't really hear in the TS
  3. But most importantly SO NO ONE SEES ME FUCK UP a little embarrassing sometimes, still ironing out my play

You arent going to win more than ~50% solo, period. Now, there are some exceptions, like if you are in a particularly good pub-stomping tank and you are decent in it (E100, IS-7, T-62), but other than that, good fucking luck. The player base is so fucking awful now it is literally impossible to carry teams solo.

Uh....? 

Depends on what you mean by ~`50%. I'm way far away from the average poster on this forum, but I can do about 54% solo according to vbaddict. 

Yah you can defo get high 50s soloing, more is possible from super players. It's just exhausting, frustrating and aggravating to do. Pubbies bitch at you when you offer help or call their stupidity out, but they bitch are you for 'not carrying noobs stat padders' it's like make up your mind you stupid fucks arg :| Basically they want to to win for them, and god forbid you give them any lip. It's like working for a hugely ungrateful boss, it sucks.

I'd so go for early damages too, OP. You need faster tanks to get it though. Putting 1-2 hits on enemies as they approach the usual spots can throw a great big flaming spanner in their cog-filled heads. Most goods will simply push on and root you out, or try to. Most bads will simply freak the fuck out and either sit there uselessly looking, or go to ground and hide in a poor position. The best ones are the ones who try and fire back at you, even if you are lit. They make easy pickings for the rest of your team.

Same here, look at my recent WN8 to WR, all solo, 95% T10, and i am on the verge of rageuninstalling about 4 times a month. 

I am obviously good enough to deal unicum dmg, and no i dont camp at all (but yes i learned from russian superunicum streams and Poltto replays, so i know how to put pubbies between me and death, maybe thats something i should change), but im just not good enough yet to carry T10s (apart from prokhorovka/Malinovka/Redshire-style maps).

Same here, look at my recent WN8 to WR, all solo, 95% T10, and i am on the verge of rageuninstalling about 4 times a month. 

I am obviously good enough to deal unicum dmg, and no i dont camp at all (but yes i learned from russian superunicum streams and Poltto replays, so i know how to put pubbies between me and death, maybe thats something i should change), but im just not good enough yet to carry T10s (apart from prokhorovka/Malinovka/Redshire-style maps).

Your stats exemplify the reason I choose to platoon at tier 10. You can contribute the shit out of a game, but ultimately even with 5k damage that is only 2-3 enemy tanks worth. The team needs to contribute.

Most teams can't.

Low WR acquired.

However your toon doing 3k each is a significant, team bashing and win inducing amount of damage.

My blue ass can pull ~60% solo, and better players have shown it's possible to do up to 75% with select bestest tanks and ideal conditions.

It's mostly about seeing the battle unfold and being in the right place at the right time. You need to see and seize the opportunities created by your pubbies when they occur, and create some opportunities of your own. That means you probably shouldn't just be chai-sniping from the red line, you need to mix it up, sometimes even take hits to keep your pubs alive. Because you may be better than them, but it's still about keeping your pubs alive and allowing them to have shots.

I need to get better at HP conversation, my solid games are when I have the HP to carry. I am almost never redline sniping. My Leo 1 play usually revolves around taking a forward position for lights & early damage to harass, followed by map evaluation and relocation to the best spot to snipe the big enemy push.

It's just...you need to go to a lot of effort to do all that, it's fun sure. After a while though, the constant challenge of needing to carry ingrateful pricks makes me just want to toon up and actually win with a bit less onus on it being all about what I do.

I mean the very best players in the game (the top 0.01%) might be able to approach 60% solo in a variety of tanks. Anyone else, don't fucking bother, because the population of the game is so fucking terrible now that you are honestly dealing with something like the following when you try to play solo (at any tier now, since they have had time to fail their way up to 10s).

-15 enemy tanks that have to die or be avoided for a cap win.

- 2 to 5 bots or otherwise completely inept players on your team. These players will tend to do less than one damaging hit per game.

- 1 to 3 griefers on your team. These players are actively trying to lose the game because fuck you, that's why.

- the balance of your team will be mainly red to black on the XVM scale (well, since they got rid of black, low red). It is not uncommon for my WN8 to make up half of the teams total, even in "top tier" games (8-10)

It absolutely IS possible to win more than 50% when you play tanks that allow for that to happen (limited MM + pubstomping types (so IS-7, T-62)) but the tank has to have enough armor to bully lower tier tanks with impunity (and the guarantee that it will always see lower tier tanks TO bully) and reasonable firepower AND reasonable mobility (because you have to get all around the map doing everything yourself).

If you are driving a tank that doesn't meet all of those criteria, good luck and enjoy your 50% win rate.

The game wasn't always this terrible, by the way. I soloed my way to around a 58% win rate for my first 5 or 6 thousand games because I didn't know anyone, and I didn't even know how platooning worked. But back then the ratio of useless shit stains to actual players was much lower than it is now.

I personally think that achieving over 60% solo winrate is no problem. My last 1k battles are still 62.5% and I played all randoms in that span, occasionally CW. Nothing else. And that includes the last 100 or so which have been the worst RNG streak I ever had since I created my account. If you wanna go above 65% you gotta be exceptional and play the proper tanks that can carry hard (RU meds for instance) and play them in proper sessions (focussing on one tank).

Everybody telling you that it's not possible just can't accept the fact that he's not able to carry hard enough and is a hater.

I mean the very best players in the game (the top 0.01%) might be able to approach 60% solo in a variety of tanks. Anyone else, don't fucking bother, because the population of the game is so fucking terrible now that you are honestly dealing with something like the following when you try to play solo (at any tier now, since they have had time to fail their way up to 10s).

I personally think that achieving over 60% solo winrate is no problem. My last 1k battles are still 62.5% and I played all randoms in that span, occasionally CW. Nothing else. And that includes the last 100 or so which have been the worst RNG streak I ever had since I created my account. If you wanna go above 65% you gotta be exceptional and play the proper tanks that can carry hard (RU meds for instance) and play them in proper sessions (focussing on one tank).

Everybody telling you that it's not possible just can't accept the fact that he's not able to carry hard enough and is a hater.

Yeah everyone who isn't a super unicum can't carry hard enough to maintain 60% in pubs. Of course someone like you carry it off, but that's entirely our point. You're 0.01% of the playerbase, of course you can carry better than us.

For the vast majority of good players (ie 3/4 of WotLabs) Treeburst's statements are entirely accurate. If anything you're proving our points.

I could fix your post to be something like

Everybody telling you that it's not possible just can't accept the fact that he's not a super unicum in ability and should feel bad he's not good enough

It's not exactly fair or applicable even to decent players like Treeburst and I. I'm constantly looking to improve and hopefully one day will get a bit closer to your level, but till then we can only carry so much retard before collapsing. The argument of 'well you suck, just play at superunicum level and you get 60%, jeez' is entirely stupid and unfair.

I completely agree and we all know its possible, hell EJ yolos like a madman every match in a way that would give me a proper 800 WN8 and 45%, yet he does 5k and 70% solo. I know its possible, like you said i just havent figured out how to. 

The learningcurve from being yellow/red to finding out for the first time how to not derp all the time, then actually doing some dmg, then to understanding teamcomps and Map positioning, then proper retreating while still doing dmg, to actually dishing out superunicum dmg in a medium (my t62a has 3100 avg dmg and still just 55%), ive had all this, but the last bit, really WINNING in bad teams, i dont know. And ofc i want to learn how to do it. ;)

-15 enemy tanks that have to die or be avoided for a cap win.

- 2 to 5 bots or otherwise completely inept players on your team. These players will tend to do less than one damaging hit per game.

- 1 to 3 griefers on your team. These players are actively trying to lose the game because fuck you, that's why.

- the balance of your team will be mainly red to black on the XVM scale (well, since they got rid of black, low red). It is not uncommon for my WN8 to make up half of the teams total, even in "top tier" games (8-10)

It absolutely IS possible to win more than 50% when you play tanks that allow for that to happen (limited MM + pubstomping types (so IS-7, T-62)) but the tank has to have enough armor to bully lower tier tanks with impunity (and the guarantee that it will always see lower tier tanks TO bully) and reasonable firepower AND reasonable mobility (because you have to get all around the map doing everything yourself).

If you are driving a tank that doesn't meet all of those criteria, good luck and enjoy your 50% win rate.

The game wasn't always this terrible, by the way. I soloed my way to around a 58% win rate for my first 5 or 6 thousand games because I didn't know anyone, and I didn't even know how platooning worked. But back then the ratio of useless shit stains to actual players was much lower than it is now.

As in, roughly the percentage of WoT players that is on WoTLabs and then some?

I consider these win rates to be ~equivalent:

solo - platoon

39 - 45

48 - 48

50 - 52

52 - 56

55 - 59

58 - 63

60 - 78

65 - 75

68 - 80

72 - 90

At the extreme low end platooning just concentrates the suck.  Take mickey624.  He's a mere 45%er who reverse padded himself to 38% by platooning with other shitlords.  In middle skill range is has a small effect, but practically undetectable.  Once you pass blue, it starts to have a massive effect, where 3x blues can easily attain unicum win rates.  I consider 58% or above to be unicum level solopub play (99.9%).  Anything over 65% is elite, one of the top handful of players on the server, and over that pretty much means a good run in a good tank.  I don't think its sustainable for a long run playing standard tanks/ammo.  In fact, I am not really confident anyone can/has averaged over ~68% in normal play over a large sample (5k+).  I'd wager no one has.  This includes me, btw, my ~70% solopub includes a lot of gold spam and above average tanks with good crews, etc.

I'm having a tough time checking this because I'm retarded apparently, but note that the tanks you play are a major factor in your solo win rate, at least assuming you are smart enough to leverage any inherent advantages they have.

So for example a 60%+ WR wouldn't surprise me much at all for a Type 59 (has armor to bully lower tiers, pref MM, decent gun and speed), KV-5 (see above), IS-6 (see above), most tier 10 meds, IS-7, E-100 (starting to get iffy there).

Other tanks with a really strong gimmick might be able to manage 60% solo (the newly buffed VKB for instance) but even that would be tough in my opinion.

You've got 3500 battles between the type, IS-6, and T-62. I saw a far amount of other battles in tier 10 meds as well. So no, I'm not all that surprised you've managed 60% if that is what you've been playing recently. If that's not what you've been playing recently then feel free to ignore that.

This includes me, btw, my ~70% solopub includes a lot of gold spam and above average tanks with good crews, etc.

Garbad I'm just curious, what's the highest you've ever done in a solo-pub challenge? And which tank did you use?

Garbad I'm just curious, what's the highest you've ever done in a solo-pub challenge? And which tank did you use?

I've been over 80% multiple times, including KV-5, T-34-85, E5, and WZ-132.  Maybe others.  I spurt of good luck in a great tank can happen.  Long term, it can't.

85% in the WZ-132, although good luck pulling that off now in World of Funnels. Second best would be the Conqueror at 84%. From his "" thread:

I decided to update my old thread, 1500 games of solopub with my more recent challenges.

Here are the results:

twZOuHX.jpg

And here is a link to the spreadsheet (spreadsheet includes clickable links to the challenges/replay packs themselves):

http://www.filedropper.com/challenges

I've recently seen an overall win rate of 36% (~2000 battles, up to tier 5) and a 28% win rate in the BatChat after a few hundred battles.  In both cases, they seem to be at least trying to play well.

How is this statistically possible?  What win rate would you expect for 100 games if you drove into a lake right after the start?