Sign in to follow this  
Lockhart77

What to do as an officer?

So recently there's been quite an absence of command in where I'm in right now and I decided to try to fill in the hole as we're still in the growing phase, motivation are still high, good thing is. As I usually play the role of a soldier in the clan I ever been in, and hardly takes up commanding/calling, there's things I'm still wondering and curious on the get go, 

First off, we're short  on dedicated callers, I'm trying to get the initiative of letting people to start calling battles via TB or stronks but its seems they're just discouraged at the risk of letting down the team or disappointing performance, how do I supposedly motivate or nudge them to do so?

Secondly, how to efficiently manage chips and Global Map related work? I know the basics, but what are the supposedly better way to manage these kind of things?

Third, what exactly is expected of an officer mostly?

PS : not sure if this is the right part of the forum, so pardon if it I'm mistaken.

I think the best thing about the chips are don't let too many people fuck with them. To many hands screw the soup, if you will.

No offense, but I think its best to let the people with more clan experience than both of us answer this question....

General officer guidelines for glorious clan make great benefit:

Chips: One chip monkey, best to be the diplo. He's the jerkoff who has to spend x amount of time with people asking for offsets, and him being responsible for the follow-up action saves a lot of potential embarrassment. 

General officer advice: Give less fucks, don't overthink things. Good commanders and officers are ones who don't burn out. Setting a non-serious attitude will help keep some of the pointless shit people might bother you with away so you can spend time doing shit like, I dunno, enjoying playing.

Caller cultivation: I'm strongly of the opinion that fear of failure drastically inhibits people attempting to step up. Best way to cure that is to help reinforce the no fucks given approach. offer a gold reward for person who loses the most stronkholds, and a smaller prize for the one who wins the most. If people keep readying up for said person, besides it indicating they're not spergelordy tryhards, it will mean they're able to keep things entertaining, and are through the worst part of the experience. Some pre-screening will probably help. 

Even if it's something less comical, removing the stress of failure will help your callers feel safe enough to be brave.

Commander advice: Haaaaa you poor bastard. Find someone in the clan you really, really dislike, be friendly for a bit. Then stick them with the clammander roles and quit tanks. 

Commander advice: Haaaaa you poor bastard. Find someone in the clan you really, really dislike, be friendly for a bit. Then stick them with the clammander roles and quit tanks. 

Why haven't you done this to Chilly yet?

Shfty©

The current commander already filled that bit actually, so there's that settled :P

Will try to nudge people harder into trying on calling