I will say the turret face is a gold magnet, and can make it feel soft at times... but that doesn't matter with the big gun, because trading shot for shot you are going win every time. 

@sr360: Mate, I'm pretty close to unlocking the 3rd Mark of Excellence on the E75. Hell, even on the Tiger 1 (though there are so many baddies playing it, it drops down the average playing it). I think I know my way around German Heavies.

However, in the E100 I think I barely manage 1k average damage. It IS that bad for me. I can't stand the fact that every time I want to shoot someone, I lose HP. The fact that I get the most ridiculous bounces (twice from a T110E5 LFP in a row) also isn't really helping.

but that doesn't matter with the big gun, because trading shot for shot you are going win every time.

Still, wasn't this thing supposed to be about the armor? If I keep sidescraping all day, sure, people will bounce - but the moment I want to hit something back, I lose HP.

Also, please check out this: http://wotreplays.com/site/2095468#ruinberg-fedaykin89-e_100

Almost 2k HP lost before I could even fire a shot off. It's just freaking ridiculous, especially considering I didn't go out in the open or did anything downright stupid - just got beaten to the brawling area by a Jaegeroo, who of course pens me no matter what, followed by losing another 1k HP from a CGC, even though obviously I was close to the building wall. GFG.

@sr360: Mate, I'm pretty close to unlocking the 3rd Mark of Excellence on the E75. Hell, even on the Tiger 1 (though there are so many baddies playing it, it drops down the average playing it). I think I know my way around German Heavies.

However, in the E100 I think I barely manage 1k average damage. It IS that bad for me. I can't stand the fact that every time I want to shoot someone, I lose HP. The fact that I get the most ridiculous bounces (twice from a T110E5 LFP in a row) also isn't really helping.

Still, wasn't this thing supposed to be about the armor? If I keep sidescraping all day, sure, people will bounce - but the moment I want to hit something back, I lose HP.

Also, please check out this: http://wotreplays.com/site/2095468#ruinberg-fedaykin89-e_100

Almost 2k HP lost before I could even fire a shot off. It's just freaking ridiculous, especially considering I didn't go out in the open or did anything downright stupid - just got beaten to the brawling area by a Jaegeroo, who of course pens me no matter what, followed by losing another 1k HP from a CGC, even though obviously I was close to the building wall. GFG.

Like sr360 said... 150mm makes this tank a different beast. When I go up against an E100 shooting the stock gun, I literally pop wood. It is like playing Street Fighter against my cousin who is missing a thumb.

The armor is amazeballs. You have to side scrape and learn to snap shot or bait by going back and forth. With the stock gun, you have to spam gold to stay sane. You are gonna get grinded down by the enemy trading shots so having them bounce or miss a shot when going 1v1 is crucial to survival or coming out on top.

And what the furk... you have less than 10 games in it. Please come back after you're in the double digits.

So TL;DR version is "Don't play the E100 anymore until you free XP the top gun, without it it's just a worse E75"

No, TL;DR version is "Don't play the tank if you can't count reloads and sidescrape."

E-100 armor is fine. Last night I literally drive through the open towards a T30, IS4, E100, 50B and multiple bushcamping meds  as the spearhead of our team on Campinovka. This wasn't even at long range, more like 100-250m. Not only did I block 5k, but they eventually stopped shooting at me because the ones that did weren't penning. You just have to be smart about how you approach the enemy and be aware of your angles and whatnot.

The highest pen gold rounds will make your armor not matter more or less, but against the typical ~330 pen HEAT and whatnot it's still usable.

Not even 10 battles in this thing and I'm already extremely tempted to rage sell it.

No armor whatsoever. Heaven forbid you actually want to aim and shoot at something, the very next second you get the turret penned.

What an absolute waste of money.

l.e.: For the record, I don't have the top 150mm gun, struggling to grind it with the 128mm one. Though I seriously doubt that having the top gun would improve things by a lot, a Jaegeroo will still come out after you and smack you for 1k across the face then pull back into cover.

Oh yes, there is that level of shitpoasting from official forums...

I dont know why you guys are giving him so much shit. Against prem rounds the E100 really cant angle without revealing another weak spot. I mean look at this image. At the BEST possible angle, HEAT can pen no problem and even better with APCR. The corner along makes the turret vulnerable to standard rounds. 

So yeah, if his first 10 games were prem spam I would feel the same.

2sswSww.png?1

But yeah against normal rounds the E100 is a beast, but most the time people auto load prem. But thats where its HP comes into play. Once armor is out of the equation, an E100 will still trade better than any other TD or Heavy but meds will still be a pain.

You have 4 games in an E-100, a tank which is a VERY different beast from the E-75. The E-75 is more mobile, sees weaker targets, and actually has a stronger LFP. The E-75 also is strongest with the turret pointing straight at the enemy, or while wiggling the turret to hide the cupola. The E-100 shares the "angle turret away" trick with only one tank, the Maus. It is a different tank than the E-75, and 4 games isn't enough to understand how to play it. Meanwhile, in my world...

bmXSVvw.png?1

Trash tank, indeed.

I dont know why you guys are giving him so much shit. Against prem rounds the E100 really cant angle without revealing another weak spot. I mean look at this image. At the BEST possible angle, HEAT can pen no problem and even better with APCR. The corner along makes the turret vulnerable to standard rounds. 

Because your qualified statement is very different from saying "it has no armor whatsoever". Shitpoasting like that after 4 games in a stock tank is official forums-GD level discourse. It deserves opprobrium.

OK, granted, had a game where I was 1 of the 3 or 4 top tiers (along with a Maus, we both went to the cap flank on Steppes, imagine the trololol factor) so I was mostly facing lower tier tanks and scored 5k damage, but... it felt like kicking puppies. Little to no challenge whatsoever.

On the other hand, had a game on Live Oaks where I tried sidescraping against a FV215. Before I could barely get into position, the first round went right through the turret. Wait him to pop out again, go for the LFP, obviously miss while he puts another hole in the front of my turret - so I figure out I need to close to the distance with him so I can aim his weakspots that much faster. Turned out to be a big mistake because now he was close enough to me to come after me and force me to expose my LFP or he'd be penning my side armor, out-DPMing me by far.

So it was a case of "OK, too far and I can't hit shit and he pens me every time I look at him" & "Too close and even if I pen him, he can just come around me & out DPM me anyhow"

I'm used to the E75 & ST-I punching way above their weight and putting up a good fight against Tier X. Especially the ST-I that has no problem whatsoever staring down the barrel of an enemy gun.

ecause your qualified statement is very different from saying "it has no armor whatsoever"

OK, I should have stated that it FEELS like it has no armor whatsoever.

Normally, I'd point you to my replays, as I post a ton of hundo replays. However, I finished HT-15.3 last patch, so I haven't touched my hundo this patch. If you can watch old patch replays, you can go over to my thread and have a look. I think you need to unlock the big gun, and learn how to play it. The hundo is a bully, but that bullying ability is contingent upon picking the right battles with the right opponents. You're not going to win a trade with a JPE or FV 183. See an IS-7 or 113 or E5? Go get em. 

Except you can totally bully a jpz and 183s in a short enough distance. Pull out, aim, fire, take the hit/bounce it/make them miss, then push because you reload faster.

The E100 can literally bully any tank in the game. The HP, the Alpha, the DPM, the armor. You beat most tanks in most to all of these categories and should punish them for it 

Except you can totally bully a jpz and 183s in a short enough distance. Pull out, aim, fire, take the hit/bounce it/make them miss, then push because you reload faster.

The E100 can literally bully any tank in the game. The HP, the Alpha, the DPM, the armor. You beat most tanks in most to all of these categories and should punish them for it 

The only reason I pointed those two out is that 183 HESH will STILL hit you for 600-700, and if the JagE loads HEAT it ain't bouncing. But yes, given the right situation you could push them too. You can put 2 into the JagE for the one you take, and the same applies for the FV183. It's all about finding the right situation, as you point out.

The thing I find best if I see a JPE shooting HEAT is to bait him with an easy broadside shot. If he hits above the tracks he -might- pen, but if he hits below, RIP his credits. Same goes for a boatload of tier 10 heat slingers. I actually soloed either dark blue or purple e100 driver and a light blue jpz in my e100, both slinging heat. That "easy" sideshot on the "thin" e100 side armor is too tempting. 8k damage blocked.

So I'm about ready to take mine out for the very first time (just about saved up the free xp to get the top gun). Question regarding third equipment slot: Rammer and Vstab are given, I assume. What is the preferred option for the third spot? Vents? Or is a super-heavy spall an option given I expect this thing to be an arty magnet?

Not sure if you're still looking for an answer, but I run a superheavy liner on mine. Bat arty hits for ~190 each hit if it's frontal, CGC and T92 hit for ~740. It's not optimal for performance, but I've had games where it's saved me and allowed me to pull off huge carries (shotgunned by M53 for 500 and left on 100 health, finished the game with ~9k and a radleys).

Not sure if you're still looking for an answer, but I run a superheavy liner on mine. Bat arty hits for ~190 each hit if it's frontal, CGC and T92 hit for ~740. It's not optimal for performance, but I've had games where it's saved me and allowed me to pull off huge carries (shotgunned by M53 for 500 and left on 100 health, finished the game with ~9k and a radleys).

The issue with SH spall liner is it only works when you are getting shot at by HE shells. Which will probably take up <10% of your time playing this tank. Vents boosts 100% of the tank, so on the whole they are way more worth using rather than spall. (pls no one rams you anyway, and the crew damage is minimal).

I don't like spall liner because it works only as you are getting shot at (and with certain type of ammunition). Also, if you are in a match without arty, you just wasted upgrade slot for that match.

Also, I haven't checked it, but I think it is quite heavy, and it that actually slows you down.

Like Luna said, better to have piece of equipment that you benefit from 100% of the time.

I ran Spall for about 1200 battles. Plus vents and rammer. Swapped out for vstab a few battles ago.

The benefits of Spall are so minimal, that if it's a city map or arty free match it is wasted. And with WGs push for more corridor brawls, it's value drops and drops.

I think it's the first replay in the link I posted last, but it's on the dorf. I get hit with a lot of HE and it still doesn't matter. Spall liner wouldnt have been as helpful.

You have 4 games in an E-100, a tank which is a VERY different beast from the E-75. The E-75 is more mobile, sees weaker targets, and actually has a stronger UFP. The E-75 also is strongest with the turret pointing straight at the enemy, or while wiggling the turret to hide the cupola. The E-100 shares the "angle turret away" trick with only one tank, the Maus. It is a different tank than the E-75, and 4 games isn't enough to understand how to play it. Meanwhile, in my world...

I agree with you, but the bold part is 100% wrong, its 200mm @ 60 deg vs 160mm @ 60 deg, thats ~280mm effective vs 370mm effectice :P

I agree with you, but the bold part is 100% wrong, its 200mm @ 60 deg vs 160mm @ 60 deg, thats ~280mm effective vs 370mm effectice :P

Sorry, I meant LFP, not UFP. My bad!

What the hell, can another E100 packing HEAT make a joke out of my E100s angled turret?!

Not really, no. If angled correcly it will not be penned most times. Did he hit the police bar? Or the turret ring?