Evelyn

The E 100 Brick Club

You know I have to ask about this E100 business.  I have it unlocked but have never bought it.

Every time I see an E100 I just think a a Big FAT XP Piniata. Soo many weak points, LFP, Flat Turret Front . flat sides, flat flat flat, perfect to get smashed by HEAT. Police bar on top.  So massively fat.  Playing almost anything against the E100 feels like easy mode.  Having torn so many E100's apart with ease I have stayed away from buying it.

Maybe its just the fact that so many bad players have it, I can farm E100's all day without fear.. What am I missing here guys?

Is it just a matter of careful angling of the turret at all times to avoid giving frontal shots to the enemy?  I cant be bothered putting down 6 million credits for more disappointment.  Its just a giant battle ship with tracks attracting fire like flies....

It's the biggest gun for the tier 10 heavies. A lot of bad players have it because omg ze germans best tenkz of ze war.

There is a HUGE difference between a potato E-100 driver and a good E-100 driver. It really is a matter of angling the turret between shots, or hiding at a sidescrape angle when reloading to bait no-damage shots. The HEAT really comes into play where you are a must for dueling any other heavy, especially another E-100.

It's still a bit of an xp piñata but that's what the Maus is for ;3

well i manage to bounce gold too. gets costly. i know about aiming for weekspots but that aiming circle doesn't always cooperate, nor do the opposing players who for some reason keep hiding them. then there is RNG whom i am pretty sure hates me. this week it's been pulling perfect shots into the dirt, or any fence post it can find. i drive the Hundo for the challenge of making it work, but my best tank is my T95. i love it all day, 7 days a week. it's a lumbering castle i have named Trogdor with a giant soul crushing cannon.
     in the end you must understand i am a child of the late 70's and 1980's. Not a gamer native. I played Tank on Atari before many current gamers were ever even hatched! ...but back then we spent all our time outside on our bikes or playing with Joes and Transformers in the yard and losing all the pieces in the sandbox. i grew up, joined the marines, got out and work. I game some, but it's not an end all be all. I threw in the towel on Battlefield when it became clear the cheaters were running the show. That's when i migrated over to WoT (plus i am a TERRIBLE airplane pilot). the playing field here is level as far as i can tell, just a matter of skill and time spent. that i can keep up with.

/sigh. love my fascist Boxiest of Box tanks, 44% winrate in it makes me wanna neck myself.

I had taken a break from WoT for a few weeks, but having come back I've gotten at least 2 battles in it thus far, both making me wanna hug it, and pet it, and name it George..

http://wotreplays.com/site/1267243#redshire-darkapostle-e-100

http://wotreplays.com/site/1267249#pearl_river-darkapostle-e-100

I suck at HEAT in this thing, I swear I get more bounces from HEAT then AP :S Mind you had this tank since before gold rounds went to creds so might just need to retrain my aiming process.

I will be updating my hundo replay pack, as I added a few more decent games in it.

How do I deal with prokovovovoka and/or salient without crying or wanting to kill myself? Going F6ish is getting stupidly futile.

How do I deal with prokovovovoka and/or salient without crying or wanting to kill myself? Going F6ish is getting stupidly futile.

Depends. If there is arty, I prefer hill. Like so:

544d61f69c81a53f87010000.jpg

This tank could be just op currently. Especially like its high hitpoints and high alpha gun, makes big difference compared to heavies like is7.

8.5k damage, 5.2k tanked:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1275986#mines-sahtila-e-100

My E100 is my absolute favorite tank and has been for quite some time... It was my first tier 10, I thought it was so bad because of accuracy and pen that even HEAT bounced to much for me at first, so I spammed nothing but HE for 100 battles or so, then back to HEAT 100% when I finally became a decent player... but now I load out 20 AP, 20 HEAT, 10 HE...

Am I the only one who has success in this monster shooting AP? I mean, I can look at the enemy tank comp and know exactly what I need to load at first, and do so. But I like the over match mechanic that AP can take advantage of, facehug a JPE or fellow E100 and pen right through the hull deck, smash lightweight meds almost anywhere and pen (looking at you Leo, BC25t), over match turret roofs, shoot through tracks without the fear of them trolling your HEAT round as spaced armor... I mean for me AP is a legitimate tool. I have had battles where the enemy is so light on armor that 70-90k credits net gain is attainable.

You don't. Prok/Salient is nearly impossible to play in the E100 if there is arty. I usually just peek semi-aggressively in the mid (not f6), trying to get as many shots in before I die. If there's no arty then nbd, just hang out at f6/mid and farm dmg. 

The E-100 is the premier tier 10 heavy. It shakes off hits from lesser heavies and laughs at them, hitting them for twice as much in return.

While I bow before Anfield's E-100 expertise, I play mine an awful lot and have E-100 replay packs available to those who want them, and select replays on my thread (link in sig).

I'd  be hungry for your E-100 replay packs so long as they 8.8 version or higher (handy if you specify the version) please?

I much prefer to see top players play a bunch of games and maps not just watch the cherry picked ones. It's re-assuring for bads to see star players underperform too, more importantly if there's a particular map I'm interested in for that vehicle I can watch your whole body of work on that map

I'd be hungry for your E-100 replay packs so long as they 8.8 version or higher (handy if you specify the version) please?

I much prefer to see top players play a bunch of games and maps not just watch the cherry picked ones. It's re-assuring for bads to see star players underperform too, more importantly if there's a particular map I'm interested in for that vehicle I can watch your whole body of work on that map

I have a pack each for 9.2 and 9.3, which I will link here once I get to my PC.

EDIT: Added above.

Can't wait to watch these, as I finally free-exp'ed the top gun on it and will be playing it for once.

Feel free to ask questions about specific replays either here or in my Replay thread. I also posted some replays from last night in that thread that I haven't got around to adding to the pack yet.

I am starting to like my brick. I am still kinda shit in it because I'm not so well aware of its limitations as a driver yet but I finally managed to get a solid game in it. I am also trying my hardest not to use HEAT because I hate supporting a shitty meta and 234 pen isn't that bad in most situations.

Only good game to date:

5453fe849c81a5100e010000.jpg

I guess I just need to git gud and learn some better initial positioning so I won't waste time.

E-100 annoys me. I have a really rough time getting consistent pens with the gun, and getting flanked by unicums farming in their 62As and 140s is commonplace. The armor never really has its time to shine, and I end up surviving longer in tanks like the IS-4 and IS-7.

I see potential there, but it requires actually hitting what I aim at. As of now, that's just not happening.

E-100 annoys me. I have a really rough time getting consistent pens with the gun, and getting flanked by unicums farming in their 62As and 140s is commonplace. The armor never really has its time to shine, and I end up surviving longer in tanks like the IS-4 and IS-7.

I see potential there, but it requires actually hitting what I aim at. As of now, that's just not happening.

You solo, right? I try to bring along my own unicums farming in their 62as...

As for the gun, well it is what it is, but then I do have 700 games' worth of experience in it...

I've always been under the impression that the E-100 was considered a superb solopubber!

It is solid, but I don't enjoy solopubbing in tier 10s. It's a lot of work and not a lot of fun. The E-100 does have the HP, armor and hitting power to overpower a lane.

thank you for these I'm into 'em

Just to be a whiner  :verysmug:  you wouldn't have any solo only content? since I suspect you have less challenges when you're platting with Maxl & Jesse.....

Got some general questions in next post